2000 Ford Escort

Available in 2 styles:  2000 Ford Escort 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Awesome car

by BengalsFan18 from | September 26, 2012

Runs extremely well and had little to no problems with it when i owned one. I would recommend this as a great first car

You can do better.

by Everyday driver. from Detroit, MI | January 1, 2012

The car has no leg room in it. It sits too low to the ground. It was not my first choice of car due to its size. The seats are uncomfortable, and tough to adjust. It was fine for a year, but like every used car, it can have costly problems. The gas mileage is its best feature. Other than that, the car is not worth it.

Don't get it.

by wishes she had a different car from California | June 5, 2010

At the time when I bought this car I thought it was a pretty snazzy car considering what I paid for it. The gas mileage was pretty good and it packed quite a bit of power. Although, once this car starts breaking down thats the end of it. I have spent more money on fixing it than what I paid for it. Once one thing is fixed something else breaks. Unless you want to spend half your fourtune on repairs I would suggest you pass it up.

Problem after Problem

by Broken Down 2 Much from New York | June 4, 2009

I bought my 2000 ford escort about a year ago and all i can say is that i didn't know it was possible for a car to break down this much. The car had just under 90,000 miles on it so it was a cheap buy but after a couple thousand miles on it, the car began to break down. I already had my exhause rot out and need to be replaced, my service engine light has already went on 3 times, the tires of the car don't last long at all and it vibrates like crazy. I feel as if this was one of the worst investments of my life.

Excellent MPG, but hate the rust

by Central NY driver from Central New York | April 23, 2009

We bought our used 2000 Escort in 2008. It had about 70,000 miles on it. We LOVE the gas millage! My husband gets 37 MPG on his daily commute on country roads. I got 36 MPG on the Mass Pike with the cruise control set at 72 mph. Must be the combination of the 4 cyl. engine, manual tranny, the low weight, and the aerodynamics of the body. However, the previous owner must have never washed the winter salt off of it. Rust is a real problem; the brakes need frequent attention and the uni-frame rusting out is going to be the death of the car. I wished we had looked harder and bought a "southern" used Escort, but we'll drive this one 'til it falls apart and laugh as we pass the gas stations.

Overall a great car!

by Cars International from | April 17, 2009

I have had my zx2 for years and love how it handles on the road. There is little to complain about except maybe the repairs that have to be done. These are probably needed on every car sooner or later but none the less, I have saved enough to cover that and more in gas $. The gas mileage is great, I only have to fill up once or twice every month. The mileage comes out to about 25 or 26 miles per gallon. Overall a great car!

Repairs

by *shrugs* from Moline, Illinois | March 15, 2007

While this car is much cheaper than a Honda or Toyota as a used vehicle, it is the one I have spent the most in repairs on. Before this I had a 1991 Acura Legend and a 1989 Honda Accord, the only repair between the 2 cars was $350 for the Accord. Within the first year I spent $2300 in repairs on the Escort, of which $2000 was for non-maintenance repair items. That was at 35,600 miles. I will say I have had no problems this second year and now have 48,000 miles on it.

Excellent MPG!!!

by Everyday Guy from Rochester, NY | June 29, 2006

great mpg, comfortable ride, all the extras for a great everyday ride. This car is great for work and play. Fill it up and go go go for weeks at a time.

Featured Services for this Ford Escort