2001 Ford Escort

26 city / 33 hwy

Overall

2002 Ford Escort ZX2

by Whatever from St. Louis | October 21, 2011

I bought this car used. Had to have all the motor mounts and transmission mount replaced - has to be all at the same time - to get rid of a bad vibration. All told, I spent about what the blue book value was. The car is fine now, and I get about 33mpg city/highway. I think the moon roof is cool.

A Quick, Fun Car

by Coupe Lover from Carbon, Texas | May 6, 2010

I have owned my 2001 ZX2 automatic for over 3 years. I knew after 5 minutes of driving it that I had to have one. Why? Because there is no hesitation at all when you hit the gas and it probably has even better acceleration than the 6-cylinder Firebird I owned in the 80's or the Mercury Cougar I had in the 70's. That's because it lighter weight without the extra pounds to slow you down, and because it has an overhead cam. Also because the steering wheel has a tight, precise feel and the car rides smooth and doesn't vibrate or rattle. According to the reviews it will do 0-60 in less than 8 seconds, and I don't think any other cheap 4-cylinders can, even brand new. Also, the interior of mine is a nice looking tan color which is a nice change from the boring gray or black that most cars have. Plus it has only the most sensible options like cruise control, stereo, and power mirrors. Also gets great gas mileage. The only drawback is the vast amount of parts and labor that have been required. Best performing car I ever owned, but also required the most repairs. In the past 35,000 miles It required a new transmission, a new radiator, a new air conditioner, a new timing belt, and a few other things. Now it has 105,000 miles and I hope I am out of the woods for now because to trade for a new car now would be trading down as far as handling and performance is concerned. THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ANY MORE.

Enjoyable Sport Car

by New2Fords from Omaha, NE | October 23, 2009

This is my second car, I got it 10/20/09. It's a 2001 ZX2 5-speed manual. It's my first manual transition, and it's a great car to learn on. I can easily and quickly change gears just on feel after driving it for only 4 days. I really like the way it looks on the inside. The outside is nicer than my old car, so I'm happy with it. I would definitly reccomend this car to other people.

Good car for first time driver

by mand from pa | August 22, 2009

I bought this car as my first car when I turned 16. 3 years later it still runs good. no problems besides normal wear and tear and basic maintenance. i bought it with 96,000 and im now almost at 108,000 so i dont do much driving. i get great gas mileage and love driving this car. For a first car for a teen i would deffinetly recommend.

First Car I've Ever Owned.

by Undefined from Los Angeles | August 7, 2009

I got this car when I was 18. Since it was my first car, my mom wouldn't let me get a mustang..:[ So this was the closest that I can get to a mustang. :P It's been pretty reliable. The gas goes fast, even if I get 76 or Chevron. The engine check has been on for so long but there's nothing wrong with it. I really want a new car, but I don't know if it will qualify for the cash for clunkers program. Does anyone know if it does? It's in pretty good condition.

Best little car for the money

by Retired Military from Florida | April 22, 2009

Bought this car for my wife and she will not let go of it. We get a constant 32 to 37 MPG. Handles well and has good power for a 4 cyl. Just a little small for me at 6ft but prefect for her.

Good econobox

by Walrus from New Jersey | April 16, 2009

This little car has served me well over the last six years taking me to work and back (56 miles round trip). It has great highway MPG (around 33 mpg). It has proved to be very reliable. It's only needed basic maintenance over that time. A great first car for a new driver!

My first Car

by KELLZ from Detroit,MI | May 17, 2008

I got this vehicle used. 2001 ford escort Zx2 in silver.Um I have always liked this car because of the sporty look, its small an cute. After I got the car there were many things I didnt like about it....The raido...no cd player...and it would be difficult to install one because of the shape of the area tha radio goes.No basss....th stereo is bad. Its kind of cheaply made and deisnged....its not very omfortable inside.Its really plain and simple.However I do like how the side view mirrors are power. I like hwo the car is small and fits into almost any parking space, its very easy to drive and maneuver.

Awesome car

by LovesAudi from Lansing MI | May 17, 2008

Owned 2 a 97' sport and a 01' sedan. Did have a transmission problem with the 97' it bit the dust at 130K but other than that my 01 still run perfectly and gets great gas milage. Love these cars even though I would normally prefer other makes Ford did good with this one

Great car for the price

by Me from Minneapolis | June 16, 2007

I have a 2001 ZX2 with 140.000 miles on it and it runs great! No problems at all. I bought it new, it's a manual 5 speed. It's a great car!

Featured Services for this Ford Escort