2002 Ford Escort

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I took care of it, and it took care of me!

by Miles and miles from Iowa | January 12, 2014

Purchased this car with 23,000 miles, December of 2002 (It was a 2002 model SE). I drive 124 miles round trip to work and home every day. At 230,000 miles, I gave it to my wife to drive back and forth to work, 44 miles round trip. At 250,000 miles, traded in on a newer Focus. The only things that needed to be done, were maintenence items that all cars need. Change the oil every 3000 miles, new oil filter with every change, New air filter every three months, replaced tires as needed, replaced the brake pads, replaced timing belt, Rotors were changed to new ones (only once), replaced the headlights once, required 1 re-alignment. Other than that, it required nothing major for repairs, not even a starter or alternator! Never used or leaked oil, and delivered fairly consistant good gas milage 34 city and 38-40 highway. Never failed to start regardless of weather or temperature. One of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. The only thing that went wrong with the car when we traded it in on the Focus, was that the AC needed charged and the cruise control quit working. No, it's not the smoothest, coolest looking car on the road, but for getting you there and back, it got the job done without fail.

The Focus is a better car

by Escorto from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio | December 27, 2011

The Escort ended production in 2001 and I am glad it did. Good Points: Taurus like dash Enough power Lasted long Good Seller Bad Points: Dull to drive Noisy Pathetic Manual Transmission Looks bland compared to Pontiac Grand Am The Focus replaced the Escort in 2002. The reliabilty was average and my Escort broke down constantly. The Escort is a good first car but not for long trips.

Its ok what what it is

by Kelli from DETROIT,MI | January 26, 2011

I bought this car used with 141,000 for ONLY $1950 (before teaxes,fees etc.)so unlike someone who has had it brand new I can't complain too much..after 3 yrs and 170,000 miles it STILL runs, no MAJOR repairs. I had the complete brake system done, I have purchased 6 tires for this vehicle so far but thats not the cars fault my first set of tires was cheap and theres not many options for this car.NOW FOR THE BAD STUFF. This car vibrates usually at stand still..It drives super rough when its cold out..This car jerks back when you put it into reverse..look up reviews on fords and you'll find that this is kind of common,It drives like a Go-Kart and shifts funny but it picks up speed fast and that I DO LIKE.I hate how it drives but when you have a small car like this what do you expect. I honestly never want to own a small car that drives so rough again. For the price I think I got my moneys worth. This car has never stalled on me I honestly do think it will make it to 200,000. I predict the tranny will be going out soon, hopefully not while Im driving it.Im not sure why it has so many problems because the carfax showed that the upkeep was good. This car did sit for a while I could tell when I first drove it.This car has alot of platicsy parts it feels cheap...overall it is cheap..would i BUY IT AGAIN no. WOULD i RECOMMEND IT FOR A FIRST CAR YES i WOULD. THIS CAR NEEDS ALOT OF TLC AND IT WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. FOR MY FIRST CAR I CAN SAY THAT IM HAPPY IT GOT ME WHERE I NEEEDED TO GO WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN ON ME.

Featured Services for this Ford Escort