2000 Ford Excursion

Available in 4 styles:  2000 Ford Excursion 4dr 4x2 shown
$420–$17,568

Information Coming Soon

Overall

This truck is great! I would own two if needed!

by Wifes Truck from St. Clair, MI | October 30, 2014

Excellent vehicle, bought it as a family vehicle for our family of 6 and a dog. My wife primarily drives it, I use it for hauling my car trailer once or twice a month. Hauls anything with ease, stops trailers with no electric brakes, with ease! We have had it for over 4 years now, bought it with 122K on it and now it has 163K on it, then only thing I have done is brakes and shocks. Runs great every time. Tons of room, very comfortable on trips, I could go on and on. I just bought a new Dodge Journey with 3 row seating, but we still like to take this everywhere on the weekends, just so much more room, and more comfortable. The gas mileage is nowhere near as bad as everybody thinks it is. Any 3/4 ton truck, suburbans included does not see much more than 12 to 13 mpg, PERIOD! And this truck is no exception, only it is hauling far more weight than everyones beloved Suburbans, and it yields me 12 to 15 mpg on the highway empty, and about 9.5 to 11 pulling the fully loaded trailer. Definitely an irreplaceable vehicle. I will keep this one as long as possible. Ours is a 2000 Limited with the 6.8L V10, 4x4, Heavy Tow package with 4.30 gears, and oversized off road tires. It simply does anything you require it to, we haul a fully loaded car trailer with a Bronco on it to the Sand dunes, unload, run the Excursion around in the dunes, up and down hills, through water, etc... then load everything back up, and haul it all home, with no issues or hesitations. GREAT TRUCK, wish they still built some version of it.

2000 V10 Ford Excursion Limited

by carcollector from Arizona | September 17, 2014

I love this monster , candy apple original color. This is the best Suv car truck your money can buy. lots of room for the family and excellent pulling power and holds lots of gas to travel far and dual air AC front and back and good sound system great. The room to shop or traveling space is super. This excursion is a SUV that should go down into the hall of fame of suv trucks cars.

Best work truck and every day driver ever

by Diesel jay from Barnegat nj | July 14, 2014

My 2000 diesel is the best work truck and my daily driver I've ever owned, have a 96 diesel dully, but I drive the 2000 most of the time, if your looking for one buy a diesel there big and loud but are pulling machines. Best truck I've ever had.

the best vehical ever

by magic the beast from virginia | September 16, 2013

i have had this beast for 13 years and it is by far the baddest 4 wheel on the road will walk through 2 foot of snow and never any problems the vbie v 10 is one bad girl

owner of car dealership

by Jay from Los Angeles, CA. | July 11, 2013

I bought this truck for only two reasons. The safety of my 2 year old boy, and towing. I never expected this truck to be perfectly reliable. It has beaten any vehicle I have purchased in my life from a Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, or a Jaguar. I mean this with all my heart. I am a Chrysler fanatic and loath Fords or Chevys. This SUV was larger and safer than the Dodges I looked at. The only thing that has broken, and still is, are the combination locks for the doors. Big deal, after a monster like this has not cost a dime for anything since it was new. Sorry Chevy lovers.....this truck beats the heck out of your rotting Suburbans that are pure rubbish.

Bigger is better

by Automobile Fanatic from Alamo, Texas | December 12, 2011

I before I bought my Excursion was hesitant due to the fuel cost and fuel mile per gallon ratio. I dont get excellent milage yet comparing size and weight of vehicle 14 miles to the gallon city 18 highway its not that bad considering the comfort and safety riding on your way to your destination. Non the less it is the most roomiest and comfortable vehicle and I have comapred it with a newer model Suburban and no contest except the fact that it was newer nothing more.

AWESOME - Have 5 of them!!!!!

by Force21 from Menlo Park, CA | October 18, 2011

Bought two the forst year, 2000 they are personal vehicles - have had no problem. Bouth third in 2003 for work and it has been great BUT with teh V10 gets less mileage. Bought 2 more the last yeart of production and they are for both work and for home use. Have probably driven a total of 250K miles between all of them. Love my Vette and my Viper, but I take the Big "E" out most of the time!!!! have a family that loves it as well.

heavy hauler

by steve k from NW New Jersey | July 21, 2011

Over all this is a very good truck. I bought it to pull a 24 1/2 boat, totaling about 9000 lb's, and it does it very well. When considering one, check the bolts for the exhaust manifold to the heads as they rust out and break. Very expensive to fix.

Uses car for Towing

Excursion: King of SUVs

by ChicagoCarGuy from Chicago | May 17, 2011

Folks, if you're looking for a work-horse SUV that can carry 9 passengers AND tow an RV or horse trailer -- you're gonna have to find yourself a used Ford Excursion. There is nothing else on the road that can do what this beast of a truck can do. Equipped with the right engine and final drive ratio, this puppy can yank 11,000 pounds worth of trailer, while coddling your 8 passenger friends. The last Excursion was built in 2005, and low mileage ones are rare. Opt for the 7.3L diesel or 6.8L V10 -- the 6.0L diesel is a disaster waiting to happen, and the 5.4L V8 doesn't have the moxie to movie this 6,200 lb truck around. Forget about new Chevy's -- their 3/4 ton Suburban can't match the tow rating or roominess, and it's not available with a diesel engine. And Dodge? Huh. They don't make anything close. (Oh, yeah, forget Land Rover, Toyota, Mitsu, too).

Uses car for Towing

Solid and Dependable

by No Full Size Van for me! from Washington, DC | March 20, 2011

It is not a Prius, but then again, it is everything a Prius is not! Great car to move your family and their belongings around. Very dependable and the maintenance has been very little beyond the routine maintenance.

Featured Services for this Ford Excursion