2002 Ford Excursion

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Best XL SUV out there

by Landbargelvr from Southern California | June 29, 2013

I bought our 02 Excursion Limited 4x4 v10, with 85k miles, and all of the bells and whistles. Out the door price was $13,000., which is about 1/5 the price of a brand new, similarly equipped, XL sized SUV. My four kids love the room, comfort, and the DVD system. My wife enjoys feeling safe, and comfortable. I love the price, quality of the vehicle, ride height , and the sound of that mighty v10. The drawback is, of coarse, the gas milage (12 city, 16 highway). However, it is not much worse than all of those other large trucks and SUVs out there. Don't be afraid to buy one.

EX Magic

by Puller from Houston TX | September 22, 2012

Excursions are huge.....No argument about it. The gas powered ones are fuel burners. The diesel's are moderate fuel consumers. It's hard to make a case for Excursions as daily drivers unless there is a need to tow trailers or carry items too large for cars to carry. Trucks are trucks and Excursions are trucks, pure and simple. They're sturdy, well built, and will last and last with good upkeep. I have 160,000 miles on mine and it drives like new.

Uses car for Towing

We own 2 Excursions, 2000 Limited/2002 XLT

by Mountain Man from Coastal mountains, California | July 27, 2012

Best SUV/Truck my wife and I have ever owned. Safe, reliable, powerful, a good value and a great four wheeler in mud and snow. I recommend installing a rear sway bar and it handles like a sports car. The only problem we ever had in 8 years was a spark plug boot that had to be replaced on both trucks because it was cracked and was arcing. Don't let the self proclaimed experts scare you away. Drive one and you will fall in love with it.

Love the X

by X man from Durham, NC | August 29, 2011

Great vehicle, built tough. The fuel mileage isnt that good but what do you expect from a 8000 pound vehicle thats built on a Super Duty platform.

The BEST SUV ever built.

by OneChoice from Dallas, TX | July 30, 2011

I have owned my X since 2003. So, near 8 years now. I have over 130k miles on it. The only thing I have ever had to do besides the normal oil changes, tires and battery is replace the alternator. THAT IS IT...(knock on wood). We take this on trips to Colorado every year from Dallas. It never lets us down. We would consider a new one, but since they don't make them anymore, we will stick with this one. We have the Limited 4x4 with the V-10. I can't imagine life without my Excursion! By the way, the gas mileage isn't that bad. I get near 17 on trips. Compared to a lot of other trucks, that isn't bad. This is a real family wagon that is great for long trips. I think I will go drive it around the block right now!

You can't stop it!!

by Original Owner from Fort Lauderdale, FL | December 3, 2010

I owner the Blue 2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate in the ad I am viewing and I can't say enough about it. I used this SUV for thousands of trips hauling up to 7 passengers + luggage and made numerous trips to north Carolina in it and it never failed me - not once! Gobs of power from a 6.8 liter V-10 and I happen to like the styling a lot. I drove countless clients and their families in my Limousine business and these folks have very expensive cars, boats and jet airplanes and to a client every one of them loved to see me pull up to their plane in this SUV. I pulled trailers and boats with this SUV. When I traded it after 8 years and 10 months of hard work it had NEVER left me stranded by the roadside - ever! 132,000 + miles of sheer joy. The idiot auto press loved to hate this vehicle for "what it stood for", but if I had wanted and/or needed a Volkswagen that got 40 mpg & could turn around in a parking space I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE!

I had to downsize my cars

by Past owner of an Excursion from New Jersey | September 26, 2009

I hated having to sell this one but I am retired and I have 4 cars and my kids are all gone so I had to downsize. But I loved my excursion and would buy another if it was an option. I bought this car used and never had any problem with mine...it was so comfortable to travel in ...and we could use it to carry stuff we couldn't carry in a regular car or SUV...(furniture, plants and large stuff)

Worst truck everr.

by Family Guy from | August 1, 2009

Not only is this truck a gas guzzler, but it breaks down every other month. Figure on fixing something majjor every 6 months such as a radiator or a transmission. It is not cheap to fix this thing either. Go with a Toyota or a Honda.

coolest truck/suv owned

by owner of many diffrent cars from El paso | December 18, 2008

wow!!! this has been a wonderful truck i have taken it to california several times (12hr)drive. love it i wish my was a 2005 becouse of the newer front but other then that i havent had any problems except spark plugs shooting out but it was only one time. if your looking for a suv dont buy those little front wheel drive midgits make sure to get this truck !!!!!!!!

this is the most inexpensive and best cas owned

by car collector from el paso texas | October 15, 2007

i love this truck i get 12 mpg city 20 highway and it has a 44 gallon tank. i only recommend this car in 2002 gas limited prettyst model and most relyible. make sure it comes with spare key 75.00 for extra.

Featured Services for this Ford Excursion