2004 Ford Excursion

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Top of the line!

by Ford Fan from Salem, Oh | December 19, 2012

I went from a 2000 ford f150 2 wheel drive V6 to my 2004 ford excursion eddie bauer edition V10 4x4. I tow a 27 foot boat a wife, kid and 4 big dogs. My F150 got me about 15 mpgs and my excursion gets between 10 and 12 mpg depending on if I hotrod. I have so much more truck in my excursion then I did with my F150. The milage difference between the Excursion and the F150 are minimal. I have more power then I'll ever need, its roomy and reliable. My kid loves the fact that it has a TV/DVD system. This is the perfect vehicle for recreation and family travel. I feel safe knowing I am larger then most vehicles on the road and you cant put a price on your families safety.

Uses car for Towing

King Of All SUV

by Excursion lover from Bay Shore,NY | September 26, 2012

Purchase my 04 Excursion with the 6.0 liter engine. I love it, I use this truck mainly for family excursion and hauling my daughter and her friends to cheerleading practices. I only wish Ford Motors bring back the Excursion.

Excellent hauler!

by Maddog. from Okc | August 18, 2012

Awesome truck! Painful to fill up but not terrible when you consider how big and versatile it is. I have the 4x4 version and love how much higher it is. Ford messed up by ending production of these. The inside feels a little plastic, but not terrible. It's a great truck; well made. I've been very impressed with the quality of the drive train.

best car ever!!!!!!!!

by "the wrecker" from | February 24, 2012

Love the excursion!!! wish ford still made it though:( who cares about gas milage it's your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Excursion diesel

by Bryn from Houston, tx | October 11, 2011

serious tow capability, roomy, carries x3 22feet sea kayaks onboard and tows a large trailer. Good fit for a family of five plus two dogs plus penty of extra interior space. Diesel engine econcomy- why did they stop making this truck?

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

So Fantastic We Bought Another

by Dy from Darien, IL | October 11, 2011

We had a 2000 Excursion and loved it so much we have gone and purchased a 2004 Excursion. I can't believe they don't manufacture these vehicles anymore. They really are that good. The ONLY negative we can think of is the milage it gets, but clearly, even in this economy this hasn't deterred us from getting another one. When you do as much carpooling as we do, it just makes sense. Furthermore, there is room for 6 kids, the driver, another adult AND all of our gear. You just can't do that in a minivan.

Spacious and comfortable

by me from Virginia | September 26, 2011

I own a 2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 V10. It is not a daily driver as it would be too expensive to drive that much. And its not much fun to park. It is my wife's "grocery-getter". It gets on average 12 mpg. Hwy is a little better, but not much. I do take it on long trips up and down the east coast with our 4 kids. They absolutely love it. It has space enough for the kids, their stuff, our stuff, and our two big dogs. If you are expecting to drive this vehicle like a car, you will be disappointed. It has "play" in the steering wheel and so takes a little to get used to. It also takes a bit to stop it. So tailgating is not an option unless you want a ticket for rear-ending someone. And of course cornering is not spectacular - its a truck, not a car. If you realize you are driving the largest SUV on the planet and drive like it, then you will love this truck. If space and comfort is what you want, then this truck is for you. If you need to drive something daily, this is probably not the vehicle for you. Pros: 4x4, interior room, rear air, fullsize trunk area, third row seat, view of the road, comfort, huge 44 gal gas tank, tons of aftermarket parts since its based on the F250, compliments from friends and strangers alike. Cons: gas mileage, turning radius, having to completely remove the third row seat if not needed.

Great for the long haul

by X-man from Charleston, SC | September 20, 2011

I needed to replace my aging Dodge Ram with a more reliable truck that can handle a load and tow to match.. Sure, there are lots of 8-passenger SUVs out there but none that can tow 11,000 pounds and carry 8 and stow cargo in a weather tight environment...the Excursion is ideal for my use. Combined gas milage is about 14.5 with a drop to 12 when I load it and hook the trailer up to it. Keeping the speed to a sensible 65 MPH helps with gas milage. Eddie Bauer package is hard to beat and the only thing that I'd add is a sun roof.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Why did they quit making the perfect car for me?

by DadofFive from Indiana | August 11, 2011

I have a large family and a few hundred acres of property. We are always on the run and need the room for vacations, soccer, football, baseball etc., and this vehicle provides that. It also allows me to use it as a reasonable sized tow vehicle if my F350 is tied up. The ride, drive and reliability has been great. Where I live, the 4X4 SUV works for us where a minivan would never work. I don't know what I'll buy when this one wears out. I wish Ford wouldn't have caved in to the tree huggers. I get no worse MPG than I did with a much smaller Durango or Tahoe!

Great truck

by Taylor from Chicago, IL | January 11, 2011

We purchased ours in 2006 and have loved it - just a fantastic family vehicle - most comfortable road trip car we've owned to date and has awesome power for towing if you get the 6.0L turbo diesel motor - definitely the way to go.

Featured Services for this Ford Excursion