2005 Ford Excursion

Est. MPG

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good Vehicle if you want a truck but need a SUV

by Excursion Buyer from | November 12, 2013

There is no way around it the Excursion feels like a truck, drives like a truck, and is a truck with a SUV body attached. But if you need a vehicle that can haul everything and tow a house while providing the comforts provided by a SUV, the Excursion is the way to go. With the diesel engine you can have your cake and eat it too with 15-18 mpg or better, with a vehicle that has a 6.0l engine and weighs 9000lbs.

Excellent Truck

by ExcurLvr2005 from Tucson, Az | June 4, 2013

Bought our Eddie Bauer diesel 4 years ago and still lovin' it. Did have some problems with the fuel system but nothing I couldn't fix. We call her "The Lady" and she's got excellent manners. We love the power, versatility, and yes even the mileage. She'll pull a house down.

bad suv,bad!!!

by XR1990 from DALLAS TX | May 13, 2013

these trucks are not good and i do not understand all these good reviews and then i saw why. most of these people have only owened this suv for a mont or has only 70,000 miles or so. well any car can get that far even a kia. but when these go over about 120,000 everything goes bad. a/c starts to leak freon, costs at least 400 to repair, the steering becomes lose so its undrivable cost more thsn 1000, the seats and arm rest tore up, and the egr system goes out on the engine and thats more than 1500, and that causes cataletics to go out, then the turbo its endless. and your better off with the diesel than the gas engines they are worse and have no performance at all the intirior desing is as bad as the extirior it has been looking like that since the f250s from the 90s. the front end is what looks the best because thats prety much all that has changed since then the 90s. so try to stay away from these trucks if you want a big suv your better off with the suburban that is why they still make it, 75 years in the making. and excursion was so bad that they only made it like five years.

Best vehicle ever!

by Diesel man from Pennsylvania Philly | December 15, 2012

Love this vehicle! Gets 20mpg highway all day long with the 6.0 power stroke. I do recommend the bullydog tuner to make it have more pickup.

Lie after lie

by Marc from Annapolis md | September 3, 2012

I drove all the way out and was told the car was sold. Called again and was told the vehicle was across the street. We drove back out to find a huge Piece of junk. I have never scene so much caked on mud and dirt on a vehicles undercarriage. The rust, leaks, etc. Stay away from the 2005 excursion. This truck is trouble. So are the salesman.

Uses car for Towing

largest truck i have ever owned

by cookiemonster from raleigh , north carolina | April 2, 2012

I purchased this truck for the purpose of going on camping and tailgating trips. It is large enough to carry everything we need and more friends also. Have only owned it for about one month now and I can see this truck lasting for a very long time. It had only 70924 miles which is very low.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love this SUV

by Excurion owner from Holley, NY | September 4, 2011

I love my Excursion, it is a 2005 limited. Had it since 2009. I owned one previously ( a 2002 excursion)concerned about gas prices I traded for a brand new traiblazer. Less than a year with the trailblazer I traded it in for a 2005 Excursion limited. I love it Can't believe Ford stopped making them. Have only put brakes on it. Don't know what I could ever replace it with..

Best Truck ever we are on our second.

by Exursion from Long Island New York | April 24, 2011

if the rating stars went uo higher then 5 i would put the highest. BEST truck ever, we had 2, first one we had was a new 2000 light blue one we used for pulling our 35ft travel trailer, it felt like we weren't even pulling anything. I have 4 kids and everyone had their own space, they loved it. The second we got was a 2005 Eddie Bauer, loved it. We bought it in 2008, along with a new travel trailer to go with it. Sadly on our vacation to florida with the excursion and trailer, we flipped rolling 5 times going 70mph. Everyone was safe and un-injured. Safest truck a person can buy for a family. Loved it, and miss it. we used it for everying.. camping, hiking, around town, everyday car. SO MUCH BETTER THEN A SUBURBAN.

Uses car for Off-roading

Loved it!!!

by dj895cse from NYS | April 16, 2011

I purchased a pre-owned 2003 Excursion XLT with a 5.4L V-8 in August of 2003 and it was my daily driver for 7 seven years. We live in NYS and drove it to Florida, Canada and everywhere else on family vacations. We have 5 girls and the Excursion comfortably seated everyone, luggage and all. It performed well and was surprisingly responsive for the largest production suv on the road. I logged 196,000 carefree miles and replaced the alternator in 2009. It was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned! Sadly it was totaled in 2010 in a rollover accident, but I was able to walk away without a scratch or any pain what-so-ever. Our girls are in college and we no longer have a need for a large vehicle but I would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a safe, reliable and comfortable large suv. The only downside is of course the $$$ for gas...

My first, best and only car/SUV I've owned...

by Joe from Queens, NY | February 10, 2010

This is the first car/suv I've ever purchased. Bought it pre-owned. Its a 2005 Excursion Limited. I live in Queens, NY. She is a pleasure to drive. Granted, the roads in Queens are often narrow and I move aside to let the smaller vehicles pass. But I expected that. On the highway, she is a breeze. Sure footed and surprizingly agile. But an Excursion is not a vehicle where one changes lanes constantly. Find a lane and stay in it. I've driven Suburbans before, and I prefer the Excursion. Its a pity Ford stopped making them. She has taken my friends to the country for hikes and there is plenty of space where all are comfortable. I recommend her to my friends who want to buy a second vehicle for family trips and such, of course, only where it is practicle to do so, such as weekend trips with 5 or more people and lots of luggage and/or pets.

Featured Services for this Ford Excursion