2007 Ford Expedition EL

Available in 6 styles:  2007 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4x2 shown

14 city / 17–20 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best used car I have ever purchased.

by Suv/ Car Fanatic from Hammonton, N.J. 08037 | October 22, 2013

I spoke to the salesman Paul at Fread Beans in Doylestown,PA and he told me that this veh was in extremely great condition with low miles 49k for a 2007. I took this with a grain of salt since most carsaleman make statements like that. But when I got to the dealership which was approx 2hrs from my house I was speechless in how clean inside and out this car was. It smelled and drove like new. At that point I was hooked and went to work the deal. I was also amazed at how easy they were when it came to negioiating a fair price and trade in for my veh. I would buy again and recommend this dealer and salesman to anyone. Very honest straightforward people which is very rare in the car business. Thanks Paul B. and Fread Beans. Mark from Hammonton, NJ

PERFECT car for big familys

by Family Dad from Deep in the Rockies, CO | April 9, 2013

I bought my used EB Expo EL with 73K miles on it in in Oct. of 2010 and now have 142K on it. This thing runs like a top, great for road trips, gone on a few 800 mile trips and a lot of 200 mile trips with the family. The power fold flat 3rd row is super nice and the envy of my friends with other full size SUV's. Fitting the wife and 4 kids WITH double stroller and all the other gear needed for day trips is so easy. My wife has a smaller SUV with the 3rd row but we hardly drive it when we all go somewhere because there simply isn't enough room for anything once her 3rd row is up and we're all loaded in. No big deal with the Expo and no need for strategic packing, just throw it all in. I bought the biggest Thule roof cargo box for extended trips or camping and it's insane how much stuff we can pack up top and in the back and the box has zero effect on gas mileage. Going from small fast sedans and wagons there is definitely a learning curve to driving such a large vehicle and this Expo is not nearly as nimble as my old cars but I tell people that this is the best car/truck I've ever owned. Not for the driving performance but for all the practicality it offers and flat out reliability, it just runs and runs as it should. I can't see myself upgrading or switching this out for a long time, no reason to! OH, I took it to Moab to camp and was pleasantly surprised at how capable this thing is off the road. Nothing extreme, but we did have to drive down roads that were pretty sketch for a normal family vehicle. No sweat for the Expo...after all, it's built on the F-150 chassis and it showed!

Outstanding full-size SUV

by odnap from Keller TX | December 17, 2012

We just bought our second used Expedition. Our first one was bought used, a 1-owner 2003 4WD 2003 Eddie Bauer, fully loaded except for a factory navigation system, which it didn't have. We had the car for 4 years, drove it 100k miles, most of them towing a large toy-hauler travel trailer or a 4-rail motorcycle trailer. The only problem it ever had was the front passenger side "door ajar sensor" that at times would cause a "door ajar" message on the dash display when the door was not ajar. We sold it and got a nice 1-owner 2007 Expedition EL with every option except 4WD. It's another great car, larger but with better fuel mileage than our old one. The original owner said that they never had a single problem with it, and so far we have had zero problems even though it has so many options that one would think would eventually have issues. We found it on Cars.com and will check there again for our next car. Great experience for us.

Uses car for Towing

Comfort and Cruiser!

by dartragtop from NY | August 23, 2011

Big roomy comfort with all the bells and whistles! Sharp looking with 20" factory wheels! Smooth ride and plenty of power to tow! I trailer a car behind and don't even know it's there. Interior is spacious and sporty with stylish leather! What can I say. I drive it everywhere.

met my expectations

by uswdnh44 from Ione, Oregon | April 18, 2011

It gets 15-16 mpg which is what I was expecting. Would be nice to get a bit more but I bought the vehicle for its size, not its efficiency. It rides great and has plenty of room for the family plus a trip to Costco. The DVD player is a MUST HAVE with the kids. I had to purchase some headphones compatible with the system so I dont have to listen to the same movies 100 times although it has dual play capability. They can listen to the movie while I enjoy my music up front. I love the look of the vehicle inside and out but of course thats personal prefference. No issues beyond normal wear and tear noticed yet but I bought a good vehicle to start with and asked a lot of questions beforehand too. All in all I am very pleased.

It's BIG

by cool cruiser from Ellington Ct. | March 8, 2011

This vehicle isn't for a new driver or a senior. My Expedition EL Limited is Ford's version of the $70,000 Escalade. This truck rides like a magic carpet, pulls the sled trailor up the mountains, takes 6 men to the game, serves as a volunteer transport for hospital staff during a blizzard, turns heads all the time. That's right I love my truck. When I bought this one I passed wy 1997 Expedition Eddie Bower on to my 18 year old son.......If I had to pick somthing negitive to say, Don't plan on parking it in one of the first 15 parking spaces it's just to BIG. But ti's worth the extra steps. :)

Uses car for Towing

Big Sexy Beast

by klb368 from Atlanta, Ga. | January 6, 2011

I purchased my Expedition EL Limited June 07 and to date there are 100,898 miles on it (all mine), a new battery, a set of tires, 4 different bulb changes, and regular oil changes is all that I’ve had to do to keep it running perfect. The only dislikes that I have are the plastic moldings at the bottom of the front seats, and when the back windows are down it sounds like a helicopter, I think in part due to the roof mounted DVD player. Overall my family and I Love “The Big Sexy Beast".

07 Ford Expedition EL

by SUVLifer from Cleveland, O-HI-O | September 17, 2010

Love the ride, easy to drive Quiet cabin, except for squeeky tires (Pirelli with under 20,000 at 35 psi) when turning More than enough space and love the fold flat seats Very comfortable for front four (3rd row fits 3 kids comfortably with legroom for adults) Entertainment is reliable, wish I had 8- speakers 5.3L lacks power at 13 city/18 hwy avg. Int and Ext hardware needs solidifying, too much plastic *Tailgate on nearly every Ford SUV I've seen over 3 years old, including my own, has rust-like bubbling under the paint. It's not metal, so I am not sure what the bubbling is. * Design for rear-side power windows is terrible. They flare out for air flow, which is nice. 90 cent piece of rubber cracked leading to mechanical arm pulling away from window and will cost $1500 (parts and labor) to replace entire window (Ford only). I'm gonna glue the thing and see what happens! Would like to compare to new EL to see if minor issues have been worked out. Depending on how window turns out ($1500 could turn something good to not so good), I feel I made a good purchase on a used SUV.

Best SUV

by tomballBob from houston texas | February 28, 2010

We purchased 07 expedition which replaced our Dodge Grand Caravan. We drove all of the competition before purchasing the expedition. The ford is clearly the leader of the large suvs and may be the overall best suv on he market. The 5.4l egine is smooth and works well with the tranmission. The handling and ride are better than the competition. All you have to do is have a look underneath the expedition and you will see a design much different than the competition. You will also not the use of many metals that do not rust. The safety is another big win. Noone matches in terms of stabiity control and number of airbags. This is the safetest vehilce on the road today due to safety features and size.

I have had other SUV's nothing compairs

by Mike from Louisville, KY | February 12, 2008

Has the ride and quiteness of a Lincoln. For large people over 6'4" and 250 plus it gives you all the room one needs. I am not even tempted to trade for another product. I plan on keeping this one for a long time because it is just right for hauling a boat and camping.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition EL