2008 Ford Expedition EL

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 72000 miles

by cshiflet2 from Shenandoah Valley, Virginia | June 25, 2012

This vehicle has all of the options. Navigation, rear entertainment, captains chairs, leather, dual power seats, 20" wheels, heated and cooled seats, power lift gate, power running boards, premium sound etc... The 5.4 liter V-8 has plenty of power for acceleration and towing. Smooth shifting transmission barely noticeable under normal driving. The seats are comfortable. Sound system is more than adequate for most music listening styles, good low range with clear highs. Power folding mirrors come in handy when parking in a two car garage. This vehicle cruises great on the interstate, 'comfy' ride while not being 'cushy'. Power running board is not working properly but is being taken care of by the dealer. $1600 part to replace deployment motor hopefully that will take care of it. I got plenty of vehicle for the price that I paid which helped me decide between this and a Suburban and Yukon XL. I have not found any major flaws with the fit and finish, some fitment issues because of 'abuse' by the previous owner. Overall I would rate this 5 year old, 70K+ mile vehicle 'very good' all things considered.

Overall Great

by vroom from Minnesota | May 1, 2011

I have had my espedition El for about 6 months now and am estrememly happy with this vehicle and the ride it has given us. This is by far the best vehicle I found for the money, i am the kind of person that has to research any thing I buy for about a year before I buy. I found that the suburban was overpriced for the options and overall vehicle you get. I was very unhappy with the ride of the suburban and wasnt at all impressed with the performance. The Expedition is by for the best vehicle at the best price!! Vey Very happy!!!

Outstanding Vehicle

by Family Man from Rosebud, SD | March 29, 2011

Have a large family and live on a remote Reservation. Have driven for four years now, with no significant wear and tear. With the 20 inch wheels, we manage every blizzard. With the safety features and comfort, we arrive intact and as rested as when we left. Great reliability, comfort, price, safety and mileage (for the size).

excellent

by da pro audio from | January 7, 2011

This truck will do everything we need for a long time. Very comfortable. Third row has plenty of leg room plus room for luggage behind.

Great big SUV

by Upgraded family hauler from Kansas City, MO | July 5, 2009

We recently traded in our Chrysler minivan for this truck. We are a family of 6 and needed more room for our active lifestyle. What a great truck this is. It is huge compared to our van, but isn't harder to drive at all. It is very comfortable for highway trips and it was cheaper than an equivalent Suburban/Yukon XL. We are averaging 16mpg which isn't much different than the 18mpg we got with the van. It gets a solid 18mpg on the highway. Each of the kids gets their own seat and the extended room behind the 3rd row is a dream for luggage/camping gear/etc. We really like the fold flat rear seats for hauling big items.

Great vehicle!!!!

by Fordfan from Minatare, NE | November 27, 2008

No problems, handles the road well, turns are not as dangerous as they use to be, you don't get that feeling of a possible tipover or of losing control.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition EL