2010 Ford Expedition EL

Available in 8 styles:  2010 Ford Expedition Max 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Happy with My Ford Expedition

by Rick from TN from Knoxville, TN | February 10, 2014

I've owned a lot of SUVs--several Jeeps, two Isuzu, even a Land Rover. Had a 2006 Jeep Commander which I liked a lot but it didn't have the towing capacity for our new 30' travel trailer. My brother had a 2003 Ford Expedition for 10 years and really liked it. Given the required towing capacity of 9000 lbs and my budget a 2009-2011 Expedition fit the bill. I used Cars.com and other sites and was able to find a 2010 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer at Moss Motors in S. Pittsburg TN. Low miles, great condition and every option. really good price and great people to work with. So far I've been very pleased with the Expedition--even the gas mileage is ok--17 mph on the highway. If you have a travel trailer in the 7500 lbs range the Ford Expedition is certainly an option.

Uses car for Towing

Good, big SUV - much cheaper than a Suburban!

by Jason from Palmyra, PA | April 1, 2013

We bought this because a similar year/mileage Suburban would have been about $5-6k more. We got ours in great shape for $24k w/ 44k miles. I added the 7-pin connector for the hitch (ours had the standard hitch setup with only a 4-pin connector.) and I added a rearview camera due to the massive size of this compared to our minivan. What's really nice about Ford is that all the interior panels pop off very easily and there is plenty of room for wiring runs. The trailer aux power wire was pinched off under the hood, so I had to run it to the back, and there were not 12V power outlets in the 3rd row (so I added one on each side). Again, all the extra space on the side panels made this easy. It has lots of power, and rides REALLY comfortably. The 2nd row seats are 40/20/40, so either side has a single seat that folds easily for 3rd row access. All rows have very comfortable seats for our gang of kids. I would recommend this to any growing, towing family without a 2nd thought. With the same size as the Suburban, this car's significantly lower price is nice. We paid the extra $1700 for a private bumper-to-bumper 4 yr/100k mile warranty, and when the driver's door power window motor died after a month (which is common on Fords), the $500 repair cost us only the $100 deductible (and our original dealer covered that out of good businessmanship!). Overall, great car.

Space for everyone

by growing family from Wichita, KS | January 2, 2013

The Ford Expedition EL was the only car that fit all of the qualifications we wanted. It has room for everyone, hauling a boat, space behind the third row for storage and best all around use. Just wish it wasn't such a gas hog!

Big Blue has me riding high and in style

by Clay from Greenville, SC | December 30, 2010

My previous vehicle was a 2000 Ford Excursion with the 7.3 Diesel, which I bought new in 2000 and dearly loved. I, like many others, was very upset when Ford decided to cancel production on the Excusion which filled a nitch for us "Tall people (6'-4" & above). However Ford came out with the Expedition EL and all was forgiven I bouught my 2010 Expedition EL back in October over the internet in Milwaukee and then flew up there from Greenville, SC to pick it up. It is unbelievable how smooth and quiet a ride it is. Also Ford has increased the leg room in the front seats to where us tall boys can stretch out and enjoy the ride. The EL is a little narrower than the Excursion but about the same length, so there is plenty of room inside for all kinds of things. This is definitely another keeper that I'll hang onto for about ten more years. Don't forget about us tall boys Ford. We depend on you! Clay

Meets all our needs

by mom that needs power from Waco, TX | November 12, 2010

I needed a car, that could still tow horses, haul hay and get the family where we needed to go safely and with plenty of storage and this car is it. I down sized to this vehicle from a F250 Powerstroke and have not been disappointed. It has met all my needs.