1997 Ford Expedition

16.8–18 city / 21.6–24 hwy

Overall

One of the best Autos I ever owned.,

by old Country hick from Leesville, Louisiana | April 12, 2013

I realey enjoyed this Auto. Only thing wrong with it was the seats had to be manualy moved. the next year they were push button controled. I didn't want toget rid of it but my wife Wanted to buy a Caddie, so there it went. I still wish I had a Expedition. William..

Go On An Expedition Today

by SAS Vehicle Comparison from San Francisco, CA | March 26, 2011

The 1st generation Expedition by Ford was an instant homerun. From the sleek design of the exterior which flowed into the interior. A comfortable ride especially when optioned with the Eddie Bauer line! The performance is the only down side to the Expedition, don't let the lack of horses sway your decision as it does it's job and then some! The 5.4 Triton engine is a more desirable then the lack luster 4.6. The Expedition does drive as heavy as it's major comparable Chevy Tahoe. The Ford Expedition isn't great on gas, but it isn't the worst either! A good family vehicle and interior components can stand the test of time! I've been a fan since I first laid eyes on one when I was at a GMC lot looking at a Yukon!

Best Used SUV w/100K+ for UNDER $6K

by Millhouse from South Dakota | March 20, 2008

Previously owned a 1986 Subaru XT, 2000 Dodge Intrepid, and now a 1997 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L 4X4 ... I have put a K&N Air Filter on it, otherwise no engine work done and I have 156K on it. I bought it with 138K, tie-rods and ball-joints are about the only things I need to replace. Otherwise engine is pretty sound. It is a very sleek style and very big ... this vehicle has been through alot of off-road too, ditches, fields, random bumps. It has been roughed up a lil bit, hence the ball-joints and tie-rods, but all in all it is a solid vehicle and well worth the money.

People hauler

by Mr HYDE from Ellensburg, WA. | January 31, 2008

Custom ordered in 97. Has air sus. 5.4, rear air, roof rack, front bench, heated mirrors, 3.73, limited slip, XLT 4X4. Can haul 9 and pull our 27 ft camper or the 3 horse trailer. Took the camper to Idaho, 6.5 mpg! No other problems. Loves the gas, but all tanks do. Got 137,500 mi. Now that we have 4 boys (TWINS) it is the only way to travel. The dark blue color we ordered is not common, and we still get raves for that color. Have had the windows (2) pull out of the channels when the kids rolled down after they were frozen from snow. New $220 glass to fix. I even tried JB weld, but the guides are small and flimsey, didn't hold for long. You can take the third seat out and put in facing back, open the rear lift and watch the parade! Never saw a Chevy do that.

Best Car I Have Owned

by Mom of 5 from Kentuck | June 22, 2007

This is a GREAT vehicle OVERALL!! Well, the Eddie Bauer edition is the best vehicle I have ever had.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition