1998 Ford Expedition

See Photos & Videos

Overall

owned this vehicle for nearly 3 yrs

by boomerang50 from gibson,La. | March 30, 2014

Very dependable vehicle,had transmission rebuilt nearly 2 yrs ago w/2yr warranty,brand new tires,new pioneer stereo system,new windshield,cold A/C front and rear,leather seats,power everything,runs and drive's good.

192000 KM AND BETTER THEN NEW

by BC from Airdrie, AB | September 18, 2013

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE DRIVEN IN A VERY LONG TIME PURCHASED USED HAD A TUNEUP COMPLETED AND IT IS GOOD AS NEW. GAS MILEAGE FOR THE SIZE OF THE VEHICLE IS GOOD AND IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE ON THE LONG HIGHWAY DRIVES, YOU CANT GO WRONG.

315,000 miles & counting!!

by family vehicle enthusiast from Valrico, FL | June 11, 2013

Our expedition is 14 years old, has had minimal service performed, has carried 6 kids, multiple dogs, and several trailers/campers, & is still kicking. My husband still commutes in it 80 miles round trip during the work week. It does show its age under the hood & in the interior. It is the most reliable vehicle we have owned in our 25 years of vehicle ownership. I'm currently shopping for another vehicle, but I'll be trading in my 2005 Chrysler T&C with leaks & electrical issues, not my reliable, hard-charging 1998 Ford Expedition.

Favorite Rig Ever

by Ford from Spokane, Wa | May 30, 2011

I have owned my '98 since new. It is the perfect size for my family of 4 for camping, towing, sports, hauling all sorts of events around. Very reliable, a good looker, safe and sturdy. Used to have a 4Runner, the Expedition is way more substantial in every way. It has also held its retail value much better. The paint still looks great, chrome still shines, runs great. We load it for Bear, add 4 kids, pull our camping trailer and head to the mountains for a week. It makes me feel safe and like I can get anywhere I want with the high ground clearance. The transmission could use a few more gears, which it got in 2002 and 2005.

Excellent

by Wiscdriver from NE Wisconsin | September 10, 2010

Super reliable, comfortable, and a solid value for the money. I have owned my Expedition for over 5 years, bought it with 90k on it used. I have 155k on it now, and the only thing I have had to do is replace the alternator at 135k. Not as quick to get up and go as the newer models now, but the older 5.4 engines were bulletproof. Tows like a 3/4 ton truck, rides like a car. Mine does not have the air suspension, but I have never missed it once. Exterior style holds it's own 12 years later, and paint and body are still in excellent condition. Interior is very high quality, no rattles or squeaks, only a little more wind noise now due to the door seals getting worn. Design of the door panel is the best Ford has ever made, the handle to close the door is perfectly placed and the armrest is perfect height. easy to see out of, easy to drive(really easy considering its size and weight). Wife and I have been looking for a newer vehicle lately, but our older Expedition has set the bar so high we are having trouble finding something we like.

Most Faithful vehicle Ive Ever owned

by expomike from South Carolina | February 16, 2010

This SUV is the most reliable vehicle Ive ever had. I have a 98 expedition with 285,000 miles on it and still kickin and the only thing I had to replace is the alternator and heater core. That was 6 years ago. This is by far the best SUV that ford has ever made. I'm planning on reaching another 100,000 miles. Yes I would recommend this vehicle to a friend

very durable

by Bubba from Pennsylvania | July 28, 2009

other than a replaced transmission at 6000 miles this has been a very reliable SUV. all repairs have been within limits and predictable. it is a real all utility vehicle, it holds a lot of cargo, tows great and very good for long hauls.

Great Value For the Money

by Expedition from Bethesda, MD | January 8, 2008

This SUV offers the comfort and ease of handling as a sedan, while giving great space for persons or cargo. The mileage is excellent, considering the size of this large truck. The uses of this truck range from a serious driver who will be hauling 4000 pounds, to the mom who picks up 6 kids from the soccer game. The features of the car and the ease of use make this a great buy for anyone looking for this size truck. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone, anytime.

i luv this truck

by Fli boi from Trenton NJ | September 7, 2007

i would recomend a test drive before buying one because of the size of thr vehicle

We Own Two, Wouldn't Own Any Other SUV

by GO COLTS! from Indianapolis, In | March 5, 2007

* Overall Rating 5 Stars * Comfort 5 Stars * Performance 4 Stars * Handling 4 Stars * Exterior Styling 5 Stars * Interior Design 5 Stars * Features 5 Stars * Value for the Money 5 Stars * Reliability 5 Stars We own two 98 Expeditions. One has 133,000 miles which we just purchased and the other has just over 84,000. I can tell you this is the most comfortable SUV in it's class by far. For Example, we go camping every year and last year we took one of them with us as my brother took along his Honda Passport. He had to tow a storage trailer and he also had to fill up the entire cargo bay with the rear seats down to accommodate their belongings. We were able to accommodate five persons as well as all of the gear needed on the trip without the use of a trailer. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants plenty of space and doesn't mind the gas mileage. Best SUV on the market by far.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition