2003 Ford Expedition

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love this truck

by 2nd Expedition from Oxon Hill, MD | March 24, 2014

This is my 2nd Expedition I love this truck with all the room, great looks and it drives well. I bought this 2003 Ford Expedition a month ago with only 78k miles and got a great buy for my money

Ford Expedition

by One Putt so Fine from Columbus, Ohio | January 30, 2014

My second Expedition! Great vehicle! Extremely comfortable, Very versatile and a great amount of goodies for the money!

Uses car for Towing

love my expedition

by Mom of an active family from Kissimmee, FL | January 21, 2014

This is the second Expedition I have owned. I have driven them from the time my kids were in kindergarten to college. Great for road trips, field trips, sports, camping,... I had a 1998 and sold it so I could get one with the fold down third seat.

AWESOME TRUCK

by BUSYMOM from Worcester, Ma | September 12, 2013

I traded a 2001 yukon xl for my 2003 Expedtion in 07! IT was the best move I made. The Truck never let me down as I taxied 7 kids around and took many trips to Maine. The truck cruised on the highway with ease and everyone was always comfortable. My only repairs where tires and brakes. I hate to admit that this year I traded it for a Honda Pilot due to the high cost of gas AND BOY DO I MISS THAT TRUCK!.I am dreading winter now too.!!

2003 Ford Expedition

by Ford Convert from Richmond, VA | March 30, 2013

Haven't had the vehicle very long, but I love the ride and comfort. The interior has been well thought out with plenty of storage and plenty of leg room.

Avoid this vehicle

by Auto Intelligence from Fort Worth, TX | March 29, 2013

I just want to express how dissatisfied I am with my Ford 2003 Ford Expedition. I have owned a variety of Ford and Lincoln Corporations vehicles over the last 30 years. I have always been a proud owner till I have owned this lemon. Why I will never consider another Ford or Lincoln vehicle - I have owned this vehicle since new; I have had the vehicle maintained by Ford or an authorized dealer and have the full list of maintenance logs. The vehicle just turned 90,000 miles and is primarily used for vacations and my wife’s daily activities. The vehicles physical condition is excellent and has never been in any accidents. Over the last 7 years this vehicle has caused me variety of isse4s. I was okay when the fuel pump went out, the first time, I was okay when the rear window fell out, I was okay when the truck required transmission work, I was okay when the alternate went out, I started losing it when the truck blew a spark plug out of the head, the fuel pump went out again, the rear back up sensor’s went out, the electronic mirrors went out, the driver’s side power seat went out, the power windows in both front doors went out, and misc. other issues. This was a 40k truck when I bought it. I have nearly replaced everything. If Ford calls this Ford Tough - I will make sure everyone is aware of these and never buy another Ford product. I have owned cars for 30 years and never seen anything like it. About the only thing I can positive about the vehicle is it would make great firewood. Consumers be aware of this - Ford Claims are inaccurate - If you want a vehicle with high maintained cost and low resale value - buy a Ford - Truly disappointed owner who has a Ford Expedition for sale – Cheap

cool car

by best car review from az | March 3, 2013

Beautiful car we've had for a couple years now and i like it the car the interiors a little out dated 2007-2013.Also they should at least take out the old 4.8 and i almast forgot the other old 5.4 they should have 6.2.

Great SUV

by Richie Rich from Brooklyn,, New York | January 12, 2013

Bought my 03' Expedition about a year go. Only had 80k on it and I already added about 12k more miles. No major problems. The 6 cd changer stop working about 3 months after I purchased it. I swapped it for a JVC with dvd and GPS. I gave it a tune up about a month ago and it drives like a dream. Looking forward to purchasing the King Ranch in 2 years. Great vehicle.

Great Hauler

by CarGuy from Eastern Washington State | July 23, 2012

I've had my 2003 Expedition since 2004 and have had a great experience with the big Ford. Other than a transmission failure while still under warranty, the only other work needed in the 150,000 miles included a rear window wiper and the drivers' door power lock unit. Three sets of tires, one break job, and normal oil/filter work, and that's it. Great dependability, hauled the kids, dogs, trailer, whatever.

Does the job, but, wow, poor gas mileage

by Texas horse owner from Dallas, TX | July 2, 2012

15mpg average city/highway. Bought it for towing a horse trailer, and it can do that. Mileage worse, of course, when towing. Rear end whine when at highway speeds. Must be careful to not oversteer -- acts like it would want to roll.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition