2005 Ford Expedition

14 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

Best SUV for the money!

by Dpruett from Queen creek, Az | September 5, 2013

My 2005 ford expedition is my absolute most favorite car. It's 4x4 leather etc...I bought this car recently as a used car but has been very well maintained. Only downside is gas but that's to be expected for a 4x4 SUV. I will probably buy another expedition when I'm done with this one Good vehicle!

Great SUV and Great Service

by Shep from Springfield, VA | June 10, 2013

I love my Ford Expedition and really appreciated the great service I received at the Red Tag Center. The Owner of the center really worked with me and was professional every step of the way. I will be back for a future purchase.

Worst Vehicle EVER

by Former Ford Owner from NorCAl | December 10, 2012

Had to replace engine at 60K miles and now Tranny at 82K... It is a horrible SUV and cant wait to get rid of it.

LOVING IT

by LOVE IT from LAKE STEVENS,WA | November 27, 2012

LOVING IT, DRIVES JUST LIKE MY EXPLORER DID. UNFORTUNATELY I ROLLED THE EXPLORER, BUT CAME AWAY WITHOUT A SCRATCH AND CHOSE TO GO WITH THE EXPEDITION BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA SEATING AND THE SAME SAFETY AND RELIABILITY AS EXPLORER. WHY NOT STICK WITH WHAT I KNEW AND LOVED.

Low miles but a lot of issues.

by Ford Expedition 2005 from nashville, tn | May 7, 2012

We bought this vehicle once our son was born to have more room when traveling. The A/C went out with less than 60k on it, extended warranty would not cover the "part" that went bad. It wasn't on their list of covered parts. The engine shacks excessively, especially at idle and over 70mph. I have taken it to several places, including the Ford Dealer in my area. Everyone is saying that this is normal of this engine, it does not have a balancing shaft in the motor, whatever that means. overall the truck seems solid, just a lot of problems with only 60k on it. I wouldn't buy again if I had to do it over.

tough truck

by shelbismom from columbia mo | February 27, 2012

2005 Ford Expedition runs like a champ. I have the Eddie Bauer edition, which gives you a few more options..smooth handling, great for towing medium sized boats, campers, trailers... Great gas mileage given the size of the engine.

Eddie Bauer

by Carl T from Fargo, ND | January 23, 2012

I bought a used 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition with 65k. It has been as good as expected. Plenty of power from the 5.4L. Lots of space, love the power fold up/down 3rd seat. 4WD/AWD is great. Gas mileage is decent. I didn't buy it for great gas mileage. So far my only complaint is that the front doors make some noise and I have a rattle in the headliner when cold. I guess those things are present in alot of vehicles. I just need to research them better. Overall a great car I hope to have for many years.

2005 Ford Expedition

by tlaw from York, PA | December 19, 2011

I recently purchased a 2005 Ford Expedition with 33k original miles on it. The exterior had a few minor flaws in the paint, nothing earth shattering. The interior was average; the leather seats could've stood a good cleaning and the power window switch panel on the driver door is loose but otherwise was decent. The 5.4 litre engine has more than enough power for any task you throw at it, but it is very thirsty...about 11 mpg in town and 17 on the highway. The power fold 3rd row seats are a nice touch. Overall well worth the $15k I paid for it.

Love...except....

by Andieintheak from Anchorage, AK | October 7, 2011

I love what i can do with this car. I haul around 7 kids and they are all happy and comfy. I am able to get them all in and out (i run daycare and so most of them are too young to get in and out on their own). However, within 5 days of buying this car, it stalled on me. Restarted right away. But then i kept having issues. Throttle control sensor warnings, check engine light, un-wanted throttle revs and at times the problem leads to almost no power to get up and go. I've had it in the shop twice and have it scheduled to go in again. Very unhappy with this problem and haven't been able to get a fix for it. at this point, i am having to look at a complete computer reprogram or a whole new throttle body...which warranty won't cover.

perfect for golf shopping hauling

by mustangmonty from maricopa az | August 12, 2011

4th expedtion they are hard to beat for everyday use and the fold flat feature for the rear seats makes it a multiuse vehicle