2006 Ford Expedition

2006 Ford Expedition
Available in 12 styles:  2006 Ford Expedition 4dr 4x4 shown

14 city / 17–19 hwy

Overall

Nice truck with plenty of room

by Love my Expedition from Houston, Texas | August 3, 2014

I brought my 2006 Eddie Bauer used with 56K. I currently have 137K. Fits in my garage and has plenty of room for teenagers. Only major issue was the tune up at 100K. The motorcraft spark plugs have broken inside of the engine and had to purchase the extraction tool to remove three. Also on my third set of tires, Michelin Tires. I recently took a long trip from Texas to Iowa, and the vehicle drove like a dream. I received 16.5 mpg and had to gas up three times on the trip. It's a SUV, so what do you expect. I transported six teenage girls and they had a ball! After the fifteen hour trip, they all said it wasn't that bad. I believe it was the comfort and the ride of the vehicle. I'm trying to keep my Expedition until the wheels fall off. If your gas conscience, reconsider. But if you want comfort, power, and versatility, this is your vehicle.

big vehicle needed

by big vehicle needed from El Paso,Tx. | September 16, 2013

I really am awed by the on-board diagnostics. This a great vehicle for long distance trips. Ford hit a home run with this one.

Love it! Purchased it again!

by Expedition Lady from Cincinnati, OH | January 6, 2013

I now own my second Expedition. I was in an accident for the first time and felt safe and was not injured. Loved it so much the first time I purchased another. We utilize every bit of it. I love the comfort and how protective it is. Cup holders galore! I always have a full vehicle (8 people) and everyone is comfortable. Plenty of leg room in each row. It is so reliable that we purchased our second one used with 100,000 miles on it. Yes, I said 100,000 miles! Runs like it is brand new. We are rough on our vehicle with children, sports and camping. It always accommodates our needs. Love the electronic fold down seats in the rear. Our last one was manual and it wasn't bad but the electric fold down seat are a treat! Valet lights provide lots of light at night to get to your vehicle. I trust the Expedition.

Broke

by not impressed from | September 24, 2012

This vehicle had a major issue and when i notified the manager he got mad and put the thing back on the lot and said it isnt that bad! unprofessional attitudes and a fly by night outfit. the female sales person was pretty nice tho.

Great Looking and Riding SUV

by Nanna's & Paw Paw's Baby Taxi for Triplets from Fort Worth, TX | July 24, 2012

I bought this car because my son and daughter-inlaw are having triplets and we needed a car to carry them around in. The car has 3 row seating and electric everything and a DVD Player to keep older Grand Daughter entertained. 1st time to have a big Ford and I love it.

Designed for People

by Studebaker from lanexa, VA | March 12, 2012

Originally wanted a Tahoe, but couldn't find one with the pricing I desired. Turned to the Expedition out of frustration and am glad I did. The Ford does not look as sporty as the Tahoe, and averages 1 mpg less, but its third seat is made for adults on even long trips. Also, the second and third seats fold flat into the floor for great carrying capacity. Bought this with 97K miles, but the big 5.4 engine is strong, quiet, and should last well past the 200K mile mark. I'm averaging slightly north of 17mpg on trips, even with 7 passengers plus bags. Given the mpg, I wouldn't have this as a daily driver if I had long commutes, but as a second auto, it's terrific.

Best Full Size SUV

by NC Racer from Charlotte, NC | September 26, 2011

I purchased a 2006 Expedition EB with 48k miles. I have now driven it 25k without a single problem. It drives like a dream on long trips. I is a solid SUV, not made of flimsy aluminum like those import Armadas and Sequois. If you want a safe, reliable, well built SUV, this is the one.

My all Time Favorite

by TonyBegonias from Brunswick, Maine | November 4, 2010

I purchased this vehicle brand spanking new in 2006 and drove it until 10/2010. I put 83,000 miles on this vehicle. At times I babied her and at times I drove her hard. Through ALL of this, this vehicle has managed peak performance and reliability. Towing boats, carting around 8 people, carrying golf clubs fishing poles AND my girlfriend.... comfortably. My expeditor did all of these things! I had the eddie bauer edition with heated and cooled leather seats DVD system backup sensors, and these features were incredible and the vehicle was incredibly cozy. In my time of ownership I replaced an alternator and got an alignment, aside from that I never had any issues.. This is hands-down the best vehicle I have ever owned!

over 3 yrs and no trouble!

by seg from auburn, WA | February 16, 2010

we bought this car with 11,000 miles and have driven it for over 3 yrs it handles great on the road, the beach and the snow. W purchased a extended waranty and I now think that it was not necessary..

Ride of choice

by Franklie from Dallas, TX | October 10, 2009

I have over 100k on my 03 Road demon and It keeps on rolling strong. I use it for family hauling or like a truck with out any weight or cargo size limitations. When I get tired of the dash I'll be getting another EXPEDITION!

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition