2008 Ford Expedition

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great truck for the $

by HappyCamper from Little Rock AR | September 23, 2013

Very good hauling power. Very comfortable for both long & short trips. Great visibility. Good gas mileage for a truck. I normally get 20+ for every day trips, & 11 while towing 6000 lb. trailer. Very simple system controls (I'm 66 and love simplicity). I have the following "cons" but they are not enough to lower my rating: Daytime instrument lighting is weak; External mirrors are just about worthless for trailer towing & FORD does not offer an optional tow mirror. I have to use "strap-on" tow mirrors; No tie-down points in the cargo area with all seating down flat (Ford - you need to fix this!) Big items stay put pretty much, but I have to use several cardboard boxes for smaller things such as weed eaters, gas blowers, step ladders and the like. I guess things would go flying in an accident by not being secured properly due to lack of tie-down points. I would highly this vehicle to a friend without hesitating.

Uses car for Towing

My other car is an expedition

by Family man from Phoenix, AZ | July 1, 2013

We own 2 expeditions. For a family of 5 nothing can beat it for functionality. It's a very reliable and versatile vehicle. We do a lot of road trips and the hauling capacity is great. We just bought a used one to relace our '04. Unfortunately, we had an accident on the freeway and it was totaled. Things could have been very bad, but the vehicle performed well and did its job protecting us from harm. It's going to take something extraordinary to move us into something else. (I only wish they had better fuel economy).

2008 Expedition

by Ford Boy from Haddam, CT | December 5, 2011

Great truck for the dollars spent. Comfortable ride with power to tow with. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. We have the Eddie Bauer package, so it is very plush and well appointed. Did I say how nice it rides?? Room for two dogs and all the luggage you can ask for for a week or two vacation escape. Only problem is this. I had to construct a "bridge" between the third row seat and the second row seats, because of a "gap" of about 5-6 inches that my canine companions would have most likely injured themselves by stepping into that "gap". No bid deal, but that was the only drawback to the truck. But like I said, some time, wood, carpeting and viola, flat storage area all the way up to the back of the front seats.

Love my "New" Truck

by TX Car Snob from Plano, TX | November 21, 2011

Coming from a Suburban to a Trail Blazer and most recently a CX-9...this is by far my favorite so far. Love so much about this car. My husband isn't trilled with the gas mileage, but the rest is A+

Gauge layout is terrible.

by Ken from Hudson, Fl | December 21, 2010

Great vehicle except for the gauge layout. The gauges are the hardest to read, in sunshine, that I've ever had in any vehicle. Impossible to read anything but the Tach and Speedometer. Oil pressure, gas gauge, temperature, ammeter and information gauge? Forget it. Can't be seen at all!

Sweet Ride

by NC Dad of 4 from Charlotte NC | July 18, 2010

With 4 kids (read lots of activities) this people hauler gets it done in style and comfort. Vehicle feels like quality with enough comfort and interior features to live in this thing. My black "Limited" with 20 chrom wheels is a head turner. My only complaint is weird tranny shift from 1st to 2nd. Overall, a great vehicle, what I would expect from a Ford truck.

I love my expedition 2008

by sergy from miami | June 18, 2009

nice ride.best value x the money.I dont know why are rusted parts in the botton.ford needs to fix this.great interior.I will recomended to a friend.Ford is the only car maker that stand x America.

LOVE THIS CAR - WILL BUY ANOTHER

by Mackenzie from Rogers, AR | April 3, 2009

This has been an amazing car! It handles better than the other SUVs I've owned and test driven. I also got many more features for much less than all of the other SUVs I looked at. Awesome car!!!

Happy owner.

by swazzy from Illinois boy | November 5, 2008

Looks great and is what I needed to haul people and toys. The six speed does shift more than I like and wonder what extra stress that puts on the engine/drive train. For the money, I couldn't ask for anything more. Interior plastic, snap-together pieces tend to seperate. Like the ride and handling.

Great Work Horse

by Kong from Maryland | July 22, 2008

I bought this vehicle to haul people and tow my toys. I am very satisfied with the vehicles performance in these catagories. No it does not get great gas mileage, no it does not accelerate like a sports car and some would say it is not pretty, but if you need a vehicle that hauls people and things it is a great buy. The fold flat seats beat anything that GM has to offer making it a very useful work horse.

Featured Services for this Ford Expedition