2011 Ford Expedition

Available in 8 styles:  2011 Ford Expedition 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

2011 Expedition

by Long Time Ford Owner from McCaysville Georgia, USA | October 30, 2013

I love the Ford Expedition. I had a 2010 but didn't have 4 wheel drive. After several snow storms and the fact that I live in the mountains, I traded for a 2011 with 4WD. Frankly the 4WD on the Expedition is not nearly as good as the All Wheel Drive on my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer which is still a wonderful car with 206,000 miles and still chugging. Apparently the engineers that do the dashboard design have never driven the Expedition in the daytime,. The "computer" that gives MPG, trip distances, distance to empty and all kinds of neat things can't be seen in the daylight. The little neon display is so dim it makes it unusable. I forgot about that when I bought the car... the same problem is in the earlier models. It looks like after a few years SOMEONE at Ford would have noticed that the thing is unusable during daylight hours. The rest of the car is wonderful.

Surprising comfort and quiet

by Kamper from South Carolina | October 20, 2013

Had every option - screen nav, air susp, tow /anti-sway package, power liftgate and 3rd row seats, memory seats, cooled seats, power moon roof etc etc. Very smooth 6 sp trans. Wife/Grandma tows her 4,000 Lb Trav Trailer as if not even there. Getting a little under 18 MPG when not towing. AND got a 2011 with only 230 miles! Bluetooth SYNCH is great - synched to both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Nav is pretty smart- I would unclutter the maps and make it a bit more Google like. Google voice find has better recognition and more entries. But matches turn for turn with Google a bit quicker at advising on route recalc. I would advise Ford to add an option for a proportional brake controller vs needing third party product.

Uses car for Towing

Best Large SUV

by SilverBullett from Auburn, NY | February 26, 2013

The Expedition with the 5.4L XLT package is a great vehicle for the price. The features that are standard will impress you. Items like the location of knobs, switches and dials seem to be intuitive located. The seats are comfortable. The power driver seat AND the passanger front seat both have lumbar support. The engine is powerful. The styling is current. The read door hatch opens with ease by the touch of a button. Also the 2wd feature of the drivetrain is unexpected for this class of vehicle. This is a great vehicle.

Excellent

by Jennifer from Pilot Point, TX | February 14, 2013

My husband and I walked onto their lot for one reason...to buy a vehicle for ME! We kind of knew what we wanted but they showed us different features, options, and colors so I could make my own decision. My salesman, Ben, was very patient and knowlegeable about the product and that made the whole process of picking out a car much easier. What was really refreshing was everyone knew the purchase was for me and I was included in all discussions. The salesman, the finance guy, the sales manager all made eye contact with me. In the past I have never even been acknowleged, but I was treated like I was actually a decision maker in the purchase of my car. I was introduced to the guys in service and shown the service area so now when I bring my car in for oil changes I know exactly where to pull up, the process of how it is done, and who to ask for. This will take the stress out of not knowing where to go. Excellent experience and I will def refer my friends to Stanley Ford!!

Absolutely love this car

by Mom's car from Melbourne, fl | July 8, 2012

I absolutely love my new expedition. It rides comfortable, love the features, and the gas mileage is better than I thought it would be for a SUV.

Best Car my family has owned

by carlover from Dearborn, MI | June 20, 2012

The Ford Expedition is a great car. I know it very well becuase my Dad has worked at Ford for many years. our family has had about 5 of these. It is by far the best car we've owned. Its great for eveything from road trips to soccer games to driving kids and fiends around. GREAT CAR!

Most Comfortable New Car I've Owned

by Expedition Happy!!! from CA | October 8, 2011

Great car for the money. I bought a new Expedition with 23 miles and now at 1k miles I must say that I am glad I decided to ditch my GMC Yukon for the Expedition. Yes gas mileage is really bad in my Expedition but for the comfort, how the truck rides/handles and the features, I rather suck up the gas expense than keep putting up with my old Yukon. No more replacing tires every 18 months. Good bye GM and hello Ford. Things I love about my Expedition are: The color options, the features, THE INTERIOR ROOM, flat third row seating when not in use, Second row seats cargo mode, tailgate lift and many other little features not offered by GM. Turn radius is awesome in narrow streets or when making a U turn; not a problem for this big monster. Things I don't love: Allllll the plastic in the interior, looks nice from a distance but feels and looks cheap when inside the vehicle.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I AM IMPRESS

by JESS from LAKEWOOD CO. | September 30, 2011

THIS IS MY FIRST FORD I BOUGHT I USE TO BE A BIG FAN OF THE GMC BUT MY LOST DENNALY WAS A PICE OF YUNK 4 TIMES REPAIR THE FRONT DIFEERENTIAL MAKE ME MOVE TO FORD AND I AM NOT REGREAT IS AMAZING THE WAY THIS EXPEDITION PERFORMS AND ALL THE FUTURES ON THIS SUV I AM IMPRESS

Great value - perfect tow vehicle

by Old School from Chambersburg, PA | September 7, 2011

The 2011 Ford Expedition XLT 4wd is roomy, powerful, comfortable and available with lots of amenities. There are plenty of comfort features to make driving enjoyable and then shines when you hook up a boat, travel trailer, etc. The ride is great and power is enough to get down the road with no fanfare. A great value especially when compared to the competition.

First Ford

by RFC from Atlanta, GA | August 27, 2011

Replaced a BMW X5 with the Expedition Ltd 4x4. This has much more capability from a hauling, towing, and passenger measure. The X5 was faster and cornered better; the X5 also suffered from being in the shop as often as not. The Expedition is very capable as a family travel mobile. It also is very adept at being the truck that it is. All in all, very good with neat technology (Sync). Issues are: No telescoping steering wheel and front seats. The seats need bolsters as they do not provide enough support for the legs out to the knees. This is a comfort issue, especially for long drives. After 7k miles, those are the only issues. Everything else is very good.