2012 Ford Expedition

Available in 8 styles:  2012 Ford Expedition 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Not a pleasant experience

by abz from | January 1, 2014

Got my new 2012 Expedition Limited with all the options. Mechanically: Car showed vibration in the first week. Replaced tyre, but balanced, and aligned in vain. All shock absorbers were replaced for leaks and three of them were replaced twice for leaks. The vehicle has an engine vibration at around 1200 - 1800 rpm. 1500 was the worst point. In idle the car shook like it was out of tune. Battery failed in the first twelve months. After 12 months, vibration increased, and engine noise became a concern, and due to vibration on the road, trim noises were heard around the car. Warranty covered all repairs but could not remove vibration of the engine nor driving vibrations. The explanation always come that my expectations are high, which is an excuse not to replace the car from day one. It could be just mine, or a part of a faulty batch, because I own a 2011 Ford Fusion SE and a 2013 Explorer XLT and both are running very well. The vehicle has a strong engine, and a lot of space. I like its masculine lines and cabin material. I would have loved to keep it for long. I am angry that they were always in denial which made me get rid of the Expedition with just 18,000 miles on it.

Most comfortable vehicle I ever owned

by Outdoors Fanatic from Harrisburg, PA area | July 19, 2013

This vehicle is extremely comfortable with the room it provides for seating and hauling. Heated/cooled seats, moonroof and great entertainment center add to a pleasurable ride. We do towing and this vehicle came with the heavy duty tow package. It is the best vehicle I've found on the market to get the job done.

Good Purchase

by Expi from Massachusetts | July 8, 2013

I am totally satisfied with my purchase through Cars.com.I upgraded my 2005 Expedition to a 2012.I could feel the difference immediately,really nice, smooth drive. The hood is slightly shorter than the older model and has more of a Truck finish. The front grill on this newer model looks strong, fully chromed , great bumper and front lights.The interior is sweet,sunroof,nicely laid out dashboard,additional controls on the steering,making it more user friendly. The overall paint finish is superb with the gloss and metallic fillings.Thank you Cars.com for making your site so easy to navigate and I would also like to say Thank you to your Customer Service Dept. for allowing me to advertise my Trade-in, at really short notice.Thank you.

An ergonomic mistake

by An older driver from Missouri | January 7, 2013

I've been driving this vehicle for a year. Mechanically it's wonderful, but ergonomically it's badly flawed. The front seat area is poorly designed and the controls are certainly not designed for us older folks.

New Expedition replaces older Expedition

by Sunny Boy from Canon City, Colorado | October 25, 2012

Unfortunately my last Expedition, a 2005, was totalled after hitting a deer in Wyoming. I searched for a new vehicle looking at GM, Chevrolet, Jeep and Ford Expeditions and when it was all over decided on a brand new Ford Expedition XLT 4WD with the big engine! There is simply no comparison to the other vehicles. The Expedition stands out in room, comfort, appearance, size and road handling. I use the vehicle both on and off-road as I did the 2005. And mileage, of course, is great with the new guy! I get 21 mpg on the highway (except of course if I'm going head on into the Wyoming wind!)

Best SUV for the Money

by SUV Must Driver from Harper, Tx | August 26, 2012

This Ford Expedition is the coolest SUV I have driven after having owned other big SUVs. The air-conditioned seats are a must-have in the south! The automatic fold-down split third seat and power lift gate are extremely convenient for anyone. The Sync system lets me play my iPhone music, call people with touch free activation, and will even give me directions! The interior styling with sunroof is awesome! I would definitely recommend this SUV. Smoothe riding! Feel like a queen of the road as it is nice and high up. Exterior is a little boxy looking but otherwise I love this SUV!

Ford 2012 Expediton

by DearbornLen from Houston Texas | June 4, 2012

This is a great car. Very comfortable, stylish, powerful. Great visibility and drivability I love this vehicle...I would highl recomend it to anyone looking for a large SUV.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Loved it again!

by Repeat Expedition Customer from Portland, OR | May 30, 2012

After putting 210,000 trouble free miles on my 1999, Expe, mostly pulling a 4,000 pound boat, I'm now driving a new 2012 Expe and it's everything the old one was and much, much more. This car is solid and refined and dependable. I hated to see the old car go when I sold it, but the new owner has phoned me twice to thank me for passing on such a great vehicle - and he paid book for it!

Uses car for Towing