2013 Ford Expedition

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great for Long Term investment

by Deanster from Texas | February 8, 2014

We just bought our second Expedition. Our first (1997 XLT) has lasted 17 years, 235,000 miles, and the only thing we've ever done to it, was to change out one of the coils. After 17 years, I figured the Wife had earned the right to buy a new one ... not that there is anything wrong with the old one ... still runs and looks great! I am glad to see they are still using the 5.4, We went with the 5.4 from the start in the 97, as the old 4.6 just seemed to be too little engine for a vehicle this size. Some notable improvements from the first edition Expedition .. this vehicle rides and steers much better. It is quieter, and the seats are much more comfortable. Granted .. I'm a "practical" buyer, and look at functionality, and really couldn't care less about the "bells and whistles" that some people consider "important" these days. So, from that perspective, the Expedition is a excellent choice, especially if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off ... which apparently, they refuse to do! Ha! It pulls our Boat [5,500 lb] beautifully. But, it does have some new features that I don't know how to operate, but people tell me that they just love them ... like the SYNC system with Blue Tooth technology, whatever that is. Anyway, it is a fine vehicle, ... just wish they would have offered the Sand "Tan" like our old one,

Uses car for Towing

I would not buy a Ford Expedition

by Rusty Ford from Kansas City | December 15, 2013

I have now purchased two Ford Expeditions. I was happy with the first and so I bought a second. The new Expedition has developed paint bubbles along the trunk and hood. Ford refuses to fix it because "the car hasn't rusted through". What? Paint bubbles on a two year old fifty thousand dollar truck not covered? Please google "Expedition paint bubbling" before you waste your money on this truck. The brakes are also very poor in that they don't stop the vehicle well. Not sure what I will get next but it will not be a Ford...

Best Car out there!

by SUV from Canton, MI | June 17, 2013

This is by far, the best kind of car ford makes and the a very great SUV compared to its competors. I am Just a highschooler but i do know a lot about cars. my dad has worked for Ford for many years. durring these years, we have had about 5 differnt expeditions. we love them. a key feature that the ecpedition has that some of its competeditors dont like the tahoe and esclade is the 3rd row. on a expedition, the 3rd row can fold flat with a push of a button. other cars like the Esclade, the seats have to be taken out and set somewhere. For a big SUV like this, you may have to pay big bucks. the nicer ones cost about 60,000. this is not a waste of money, just a lot for a car. but its worth it. you can easily fit 8 big adults comfortably. you can tow about 9,000 pounds whitch is a lot. YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING AN EXPEDITION. WORTH THE MONEY!!

great suv for travelling

by cedarbob from florida, jacksonville | May 29, 2013

This is my 5th ford suv, that should tell you about my choice of vehicles.I don't think you can get a more comfortable ride for the money.

Road trip

by shooter from Houston | March 21, 2013

My recent road trip from Hou to Big D was a break in for my XLT which performed well on the road but was hard on milage because the engine was being broken in on this trip. The seats were comfortable and the nav and sound system was user freindly.