2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Available in 8 styles:  2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Love Car but Plan on Replacing Motor

by Patoka from Greenwood, IN | July 25, 2014

Love this truck so much I replaced the engine with a Jasper Engine rebuilt at 125,000 miles. Rumor is they tend to die around this time. Jasper engine lasted for another 75,000 miles before it also died. I hate to put this truck down I like the functionality. Pulls my 19' boat, drives great in winter, I hunt with it and everything else. Comfortable back seats and covered bed is a great toy chest for my golf clubs, camping gear etc.. even in bad weather. Deciding now whether to let it die in peace or put yet another engine in it. Window regulators are beginning to also slow down a bit. Love the truck though.. would never consider swapping engines that many times for any other vehicle I own.

Great used car

by Truck guy from Seagoville,Texas | August 23, 2013

The truck is wonderful smooth running,a bit larger tank than expected. I love this truck it is cute and sporty enough to drive anywhere, would have had a few different options if I could have afforded and the resale value was wonderful. Thanks for the opportunity.

Ford Sport Track

by Not purchaced from Shawano | June 28, 2013

The online and the dealers description were not identical as in i was looking for all wheel drive as stated on the site and during the 2hour trip there, it turned out to be a 2-wheel drive. Big difference, all in all it was a waste of my time but i was prepared.

good truck for the money

by mistyeyes494 from Deerfield Ohio | April 17, 2012

good truck made it great throughthe winter handle great!!! Ihave driven alot of truck and this seems to handle great gas mileage is alittle better then most trucks

2002 Sport Trac

by Northwoods trekker from Oshkosh, WI | January 2, 2012

Really like the 4WD on this. Handles great on the snowy and icy roads and in the woods. I have rubber flooring, so it is easy to wash, clean out when I need to. Love the get up and go of the 4.0L. Great truck and it looks sharp. Works for my family!!!

Absolutely most reliable car I've owned

by Sport trac Owner from Olympia, WA | September 14, 2011

I purchased my 2002 Sport Trac with onlly 2200 miles on it. It has not cost me anything but regular maintenance. It is also a great vehicle in the snow as I added a solid tonneau cover so with the extra weight it does extremely well in the snow. Would highly recommend this vehicle as a matter of fact purchased a newer one as they don't make them anymore what a shame.

Very Dependable... In love this truck!

by Nat from Brandon, MS | August 13, 2011

I purchased this vehicle in Oct '01 and it had 4 miles on it. Four sets of tires, regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance, and 192,811 miles later and it's still going strong. Gas mileage has never been great and the turning radius is very wide... those are my only 2 faults with this truck. I've replaced the switch for the driver power windows, a dash lite is out and the engine light stays on. Other than that... nothing but routine maintenance. I am very pleased with this truck! I hope to put another 100K miles on it!

Okay vehicle

by nutcase from Louisville KY | July 30, 2011

Drives great and is comfortable. Will cost a lot to fill it up and gas mileage is bad for 2011 prices. Side steps have rust issues. Bought it for hunting, fishing and outdoor activities that takes one of the beaten path. Great for that. Poor gas mileage is the only problem that I have with it at todays gas prices.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great First Car

by Mogeesha from Georgia | April 29, 2011

I got a 2002 Sport Trac from my uncle when I turned 15 with 83,000 miles on it. I was a proud kid rolling around my school parking lot in it. It was a reliable car. I was able to haul plenty of friends in it and throw our stuff in the back. It never gave me any trouble at all. The car basically looked brand new inside and out minus the paint chippings in the interior (it melts with heat contact and stratches really easily). Unfortunately though, I totaled it about two weeks ago. I can say that the truck was very safe during the crash. I walked away with only brusies while my whole front end was smashed. I'm sad to have lost that thing :/ It was a great car for three years. I would definitely recommend it. Only thing that ever bothered me with this truck was the bad gas mileage.

I luv this truck

by Luvit but concened from Nevada | December 30, 2010

I bought my 2002 Sport Trac New as soon as the 2002s' came out. Over all it has met or exceeded my expectations. I have been dissapointed by the 4.0ci engine. I didn't expect to get the mileage Ford rated it but thought it would be close. :( Even after midifications, Tires, Cold air intake & performance exhaust system I still only get 18 -19MPG on the hiway. in-town forget it!). The most serious problem is the timing chain arrangement, at 130,000 miles the engine ate itself. Cost $5000 for a factory engine to fix the problem. The veh still serves the requirement I bought it for so over all I still like the veh. I live in the snow country and it performes very well.

Featured Services for this Ford Explorer Sport Trac