2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

15 city / 20–21 hwy

Overall

"Love IT"

by kRic from Hot Spring, AR | October 27, 2014

This is a great truck for me. It's fun and practical. It's also good looking, comfortable, economical and handles great. Cars.com was critical in my learning for the choice and purchase of this truck. Thanks for your website and service.

Love this truck

by Katie from Massachusetts | May 6, 2014

I got my 2007 sport trac new. It now has almost 200,000 miles on it and still runs like new. I love my heated seats and windsheild in the winter and drives great in the snow as well as on the beach.I never had any problems with it. I get lots of complemenmts and some have asked if it is new. I wish they would make them again.

loving it so far!!

by I hung by in from Cincinnati, Ohio | October 31, 2013

This is the first truck I've ever owned and I'm loving it. I feel better having 4wd this winter and a v8 engine.

Love it

by New Sport Trac Owner from Central Wisconsin | March 20, 2013

I purchased my 2007 Sport Trac Limited Orange Metalic Frost in color about a month ago. It was used with about 100,000 miles but so far its been a great vehicle. I was very concerned about trading my Mustang for a Sport Trac but in the end I'm very happy with my decision. The ride is smooth, the seats comfortable, the proformance is excellent. Friends had a 2005 Sport Trac and the 2007 was overhauled and they say its a much nicer ride than theirs. If you're considering it, I say do it. You'll love it.

Reliable, Comfortable and Versatile

by 2 time Sport Trac Owner from Texas | October 11, 2011

K8I thoroughly enjoy this truck/SUV! So much that I traded in my first one for a newer one! I have leather seats (easier to keep clean), a V6, Blue exterior with grey interior. I really appreciate the easy to clean flooring and the exterior outlet in the bed of the truck for plugging in a radio or pump for an air mattress. There is also extra storage in the truck bed as well. My Sport Track has over 68,000 miles on it and still drives like new! The only things I have had to replace are the rear blinker bulbs, the battery (due to lots and stop and start when working the 2010 Census), and I replaced the tires after 60,000 miles. This truck/SUV is very comfortable and seems to attract other friendly Sport Track owners! I have received many compliments on its overall appearance, comfort and the fact that the back seat has a centered A/C vent. It also comes with 3 tether bars for infant/child carseats (that my husband uses to tie down tools with). The back seat splits and lays down. The jack and tools are easily accessible under/behind the back seat and there is even a cubbie to hide jumper cables in! I Love this truck!

The best vehicle I have owned

by The lady with the cleanest truck in Lomita from Lomita, CA | August 20, 2011

I get a lot of positive comments about my truck. I have a 2007 Sport Trac Limited, dark cherry metalic. I have had notes left on my truck saying what a beautiful vehicle. I am sorry that this model will no longer be made.

Nice Truck

by Trucker from Salisbury, Md | February 26, 2011

I have own this truck for about four months if your looking for a 4x4 truck that handles well in the snow and has to comfort of an SUV this is it!

Fantastic Vehicle

by Roy from Macon, GA | November 29, 2010

I have owned an S-10 and put 145K miles on it I have owned a '93 F-150 and put 130K miles on it and a '05 F-150 and put 74K miles on it. I owned '66 F-100, a '56 F-100, a '50 F-100 and a '49 F-100 and love loved them all except the S-10. As you can see thye F series Ford trucks have been my favotires, but this Explorer Sport Track Limited has them all beat.....I would rather drive it than our Lincoln. This is the best preforming most comfortable truck I have ever owned.

Most versatile Vehicle

by pete53 from Fremont Ca. | November 19, 2010

I purchased The Sport Trac used with 39,000 miles, I now have 45000 miles on it. The V8 is a better choice than the V6. I average between 17 and 20 mpg combine city and highway with the V8. The motor is quiet and powerful and easily tows a small car on trailer, less then 7500lbs. I'm a big guy and the seating is adjustable and the pedals adjust back and forth so my wife has no trouble adjusting to her 5'-2" frame. Fit and finish on the exterior and interior is much better then my 95 Ford. a vast improvement. One draw back is the driver information display interface. Every input is through the reset button on the speedo. Instructions are vague and not at all intuitive. I usually give up resetting anything about half the time. The interior is great for four adults and the bed will handle just about anything I need to haul around. Overall a very fine vehicle.

I still cannot take my eyes off of this beauty.

by JLP <3 Sport Trac! from Tennessee | June 16, 2010

I own a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT with a 4.6L V8. It is incredible. The handling is pristine and comfortably sensitive; it has tight and very maneuverable handling. The performance of this vehicle is impressive. With the V8, it has a powerful pickup that is very comfortable: it isn't TOO MUCH. With 292 horsepower, I get the ability to easily pull decently large loads, such as a fishing boat and trailer. The cabin is very roomy. The back seat is a bench seat, and the vehicle seats 5 as its maximum. This vehicle also has good looking black rubber floors. They are soft and very simple to clean and maintain. The floor mats also lock into the floor, making them steady and stern. I, personally, got this vehicle over the Ford Explorer SUV because I had a more significant need for storage (I would be storing more items than people). The large cabin and the decently-sized bed are a great combination. I can store anything in the tonneau-covered, water-proof bed with no worry. This combination also makes the truck look absolutely gorgeous, as well. The high bed looks like glory mounted upon a slender, long cabin. However, this makes for somewhat poor visibility through the back window. It is easy getting used to; one must learn to observe the back through other mirrors and turning around. It is NOT hindering, though. Another con is the placement of the gripping handles on the doors. They are placed below the sleek, retro door handles (for opening/closing), making it difficult to stop the door if it slips out of grip. With the XLT model, I sacrificed the exquisite comfort and style of the interior for great performance and reliability. The materials used are cloth, which is nearly a preference with me, personally, and much plastic-like material for the dash and such. However, it is not purely unacceptable for the price. Ford made this interior work. It only adds to the shear beauty of this finely-tuned machine. This truck has all of the standard features, such as "traction control," as I call it, a thermometer, a compass, and air conditioning, and the usual. It is pretty comfortable, especially for the price. It is a decently expensive vehicle if it is purchased in good shape, but it is all worth it. The pros entirely outweigh the cons. I am still madly in love with it; it is so gorgeous. I STRONGLY recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting to compromise between storage for people and objects, and for anyone who wants a beautiful machine that will either meet or raise every standard ever created.

Featured Services for this Ford Explorer Sport Trac