2006 Ford Explorer

2006 Ford Explorer
Available in 14 styles:  2006 Ford Explorer 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Looks good on the inside/outside/not engine!

by Unhappy from Albuquerque, NM | June 24, 2015

Horrible vehicle. Have had it since new. at 75K miles started having problems. At 110K and has new transmission, 4 new radiators, serpentine belt, thermostats, 3 radiater fans, radiator caps, radiator clutches, water pump, ignition coil and much more! Ford said the radiators are made of plastic and alluminum and can't take heat. They crack and one thing leads to another!!! Redesign this vehicle Ford!!! Nice looking piece of junk!!!! Too pricey for the hunk of junk it is. Will never buy another Ford!

Love this vehicle!

by Noah from Spokane,WA | April 12, 2015

I just purchased my 06 XLT 3 months ago with 86k on it. The vehicle is in great shape, super clean inside and out, quiet, comfortable, stylish for the year. Overall I enjoy everything about my explorer. It is the XLT but it does have some extras that most did not come with standard on the XLT. I have the back up sensors, 17 inch rims, 3Rd row seating and the grill is the same as the limited edition. It's a random package but maybe someone ordered it this way when they purchased it new.

Best Car I ever owned

by Lofty from UAE | February 2, 2015

I bought this car in 2006 brand new I have not had any problems at all I have driven over 300,000 Km's. I live in the UAE. I have the same exhaust and have only changed tyres and breaks. The weather here can vary from 20c to 53c and still I have had not one problem. Thanks you FORD

Best SUV I owned

by Explorer fan from Kansas City, MO | May 1, 2014

I purchases a used 2006 XLT with 40+ thousand miles owned the car for 4 years never had any major repairs it drove very nice and it handled the rain and the snow and then some lots of road trips... Love it so much just trade it for a 2012 XLT

Reliable and a comfortable ride

by Sam from OH | December 31, 2013

I only had a radiater issue which seems to be a common problem, other than that I have not even replaced the brake pads yet, I have 76K on this. I was lucky with the radiater issue also since the dealer was very nice and gave me good ammount of credit which I believe he said he got from Ford and acknowledged the issue with the Radiator.

2006 explorer

by Buttercup from Chesapeake va | September 22, 2013

Nice SUV minor details that were quickly corrected by the sales manager. Like the mileage with the 2wd. Will look for this sales manager when buying our next car.

Explore Eddie Bauer 2006

by Eddie Bauer Explorer Lover from Detroit, MI | April 15, 2013

I purchased this truck one month ago April 2013. I am the third owner. The truck still looks and runs like a brand new truck. Smooth ride. Gas millage not too bad. It had 101,500 miles at purchase. I can't wait to take it on the road. Love It.

The Worst vehicle and dealership ever.

by Never Again from NJ | January 9, 2013

I purchased a 2006 Ford Demo with 4000 miles on it. By far the worst vehicle I have ever owned and the place I bought it was terrible. The service department could not get anything right the first time. It was so bad I wll never buy a Ford again. Stay away from Ford and DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go to All American.

Last Ford I Will Own

by Lifelong Ford Owner from Boston, MA | September 8, 2012

I bought my 2006 Explorer new and have had more problems with this car than any other I have ever owned. I have 80,000 miles on it right now and have replaced: the radiator, fuel pump, rear wiper motor, the shifter, and the entire front end (wheel bearings and front differential). The car is now starting to show signs of a transmission issue! I have only owned Ford vehicles and never saw issues like this. There are posts all over the internet about Explorer quality issues and yet Ford does nothing to address them. Stay away if you are considering buying an Explorer, at least until Ford makes some changes. Definitely spend the money on an extended warranty if you do.

Terrible investmet!

by jeffmac from mays landing, nj | April 18, 2012

My wife and i purchased our explorer in 2008. It had one previous owner and was a certified pre owned vehicle. The car had 66,000 miles on it when we bought it 4 years ago, and has been nothing but expensive problems ever since. First off, there was a problem with the radiator, which had to be replaced, second the alternator died causeing the battery to die, and most recently the transmission needed to be replaced. It only has 100,000 miles on it. Although the radiator and alternator were covered on the warranty, we still payed out of pocket for each one. There was a charge for the radiator, and because the battery wasn't coverd, even though the reason it went was because of a bad alternator, we had to pay out of pocket for it. Most recently the transmission needs to be replaced due to a design flaw that has a domino effect once one thing goes wrong with it. This newest problem, Im told from more than one mechanic, is common in this model and is why it is refered to as the "Exploder". This repair is costing me a lot of money. To sum it up, unless you have a lot ot extra money you dont mind sinking into your car, stay away form Ford.