2007 Ford Explorer

Available in 12 styles:  2007 Ford Explorer 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

so far so good

by ford fam from cleveland, ohio | September 11, 2014

I recently purchased a 2007 Ford explorer. I've only had this vehicle for a few weeks. But so far I love it. It's not the pickup truck I was hoping for but for the price it's the next best thing. Can't wait to see hi ow the 4 wheel drive works in the snow.

2007 Ford Explorer Limited

by Fish On! from MD | March 27, 2014

I have had this truck less than a month but cars.com asked for a review so figured I would write a quick one. Primary goal for buying the Explorer is I wanted a truck (non pickup truck) to pull my fishing boat so had to have V8, 4x4 and a class III/IV tow package. I found a Limited that is loaded with every option that I really did not need but condition and price were right and sometimes you just take what you can get when looking at used vehicles. That being said now that I have all the bells and whistles I am really enjoying them especially the heated leather seats. Comfort: For a truck that can pull 7000+lbs. the ride is very quiet. Handling is fine, she is not a sports car don't expect or drive her that way. Performance: The V8 feels right in the truck, I have not driven the V6. Exterior Styling: I have always liked the looks of the Explorer, had a generation 1 Sport, so looks right to me! Interior Design: I am not too picky here, everything is simple and easy to use, even the nav system. Not a big fan of the 2nd row bucket seats and third row. Would prefer rear bench and no third row but those are tough to find. Value for the Money: Well built and less than other models. Reliability: So far so good! Only real complaint is the city MPG is around 13-15 depending on your driving but I knew that going in. 20-22 on highway with cruise going 60 so that's not too bad.

Uses car for Towing

Spaceship with drinking problem

by westchesterman from Garrison | July 29, 2013

I needed a truck for all the stuff around the house you can't do with a BMW sedan. I came across a Ford Explorer XLT 2007 with 50k miles that was significantly cheaper than other SUV's its size. Made a rush decision and bought it for 15k because I needed a vehicle. I am sure I overpaid by $2-3k but did not have the time to shop around. The car is very spacy with lots of room for trash bags, refrigerators, lawn mower, grill and what ever else you buy from the box store. The ugly part waits at the gas station: 12-14 MPG for trips between 1-10 miles is what you can expect. The ride is not worse than other trucks. Watch for the front hubs, they die every 50k miles or so. Certainly not a luxury car. The Explorer is overall a hard working, reliable for the most spaceship with a serious drinking problem.

Love it but hate it

by Deeadore from Virginia | December 29, 2012

Wonderful truck with luxurious features but there's always something to fix from hub bearings to spark plugs to moonroof !

Worth the Cash

by IC-FordExplorer from Iowa City, IA | December 5, 2012

Got the 07 Explorer with ~70K on it still certified. Starts and runs great, room for all 6 of us and the dog with 3rd row seat. Not a lot of room for extras though but that's what the luggage rack is for. Rides high and quiet at all speeds and 4wd for confidence and safety in winter and off the beaten path. Tow package for the boat and nearly 20mpg on hwy. Rides a little rough on the bumps but it's durable and practicle for the price.

2007 EB Explorer

by mick from Hanover, PA | July 9, 2012

My wife and I bought this vehicle as a CPO in 2009 when our '03 Trailblazer blew up on us. Having had this vehicle for 3 years I would have to say it has been a really good, solid performer. I only wishe we had been more patient and found one that had more of the luxury features. Ours does have leather but not power seats and the front seats not heated either. We have grandkids so my wife wanted this one for the rear DVD entertainment, they used it twice.. Overall great truck, great in snow and even on the beach at OBX, mpg was biggest down fall, only averaged 17 mpg

Ford Explorer: The Neglected Child Left Behind

by applecreeker from Denver, CO | June 25, 2012

After the Ford/Firestone debacle, Ford abandoned the Explorer as having no future but still profitable enough to make and sell. The Falcon/Ranger heritage is gone, but the model was not worthy of investment in engineering upgrades. In the 2007 edition, the Explorer Limited 4WD has all the Ford features and frailties. Fuel economy with the 6 cylinder(18-20mpg) is better than the 8. And for $40,000 you got all the options of a luxury SUV but you still have an oval on the grill. So depreciation is still Ford as usual- half in 2 years. another half in four, then lingering around $10,000 for life. It will live forever even if you can't afford life support. The new Explorer (2011-) is a Taurus with a lot of hauling and cargo capacity so if you want a real Ford 4WD SUV, get a 2010 before they disappear.

Great Car

by irisharch from Florida | June 22, 2012

the 2006-2010 explorers are some of the best looking SUVs on the market. I love mine, never any mechanical issues, just routine maintenance. The trucks got some pickup, and my v6 gets pretty decent MPGs. Couldn't be happier with my explorer, I hope to hold on to it for a long time.

Great vehicle

by Love Ford from Alexandria, LA | June 4, 2012

Love my Ford Explorer. Have he 3rd row seats which fold down for storage. Love the fact that the second row of seats recline back.

Ford Explorer review

by Largegym from St. Paul, MN | January 26, 2012

i purchase an explorer as I have an older Explorer with 192,000miles. I tow boats and utility trailer and the Explorer has been an excellent choice. The newer version has more power and comfort. Ford changed to a non-frame unibody type SUV and I determined that that style of vehicle is not as suitable for towing.