2010 Ford Explorer

Available in 8 styles:  2010 Ford Explorer 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Do Not Buy

by fordowner from Joliet, IL | April 27, 2014

I have owned 3 Ford Explorers. Bought a 2004 new, traded for a 2007 low miles, and traded for a 2010 low miles. The 2007 had radiator problems from the start, and transmission problems later on. So, thinking Ford had improved their model, I bought the 2010. It is the worst of them all. Immediate radiator problems, a cabin odor that won't go away and nobody can fix. It whines when accelerating, and Ford used cheaper metals and glass in the newer models. It's so bad I have to get rid of it. Be warned, don't buy Ford. From a long time owner of Fords, had a Thunderbird in the 90's, but never again. Shame on Ford!

Buying Experience

by Mustang from Flatwoods, KY | January 10, 2013

I was able to locate the vehicles within a 100 mile radius from home that I would consider. After contacting a couple of sellers by email, I settled on a 2010 Explorer -one owner with low mileage and the color I liked and the dealer was located about 60 miles from my home. The salesman was very helpful and not pushy at all. Met him on the following Saturday and test drove the vehicle and subsequently purchased it. Had it not been for the internet, I would have never driven to this dealership just to look on their lot without the pictures and options detailed on their Cars.com listing.

practical SUV

by purplegram from Ogden, IA | April 11, 2012

Also drive a Suburban and find the Explorer to be a nice alternative vehice. Very comfortable, seats fold down very easily and give a nice cargo area. Big enough for a large dog crate. Find some of the controls such as the turn signal/wiper combo to be awkward. Wish the setting buttons for the cruise and audio system were larger and better located. Also have hit the 4x4 button while adjusting the AC. Good size to drive in town, but has also been very dependable in snow. Good power, but not the best mileage in the market. Good visibilty, seating is good for children.

2010 Explorer

by Great traveling SUV from Tuscaloosa, AL | February 13, 2012

We had a 2007 Explorer and liked it so much that when we got the 2010 Explorer, we go the exact same one. Ours is a 4X4 Eddie Bauer edition. Looks great and is super comfortable.

Very Happy

by Mommy from Southern California | February 1, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a car to fit my 2 kids and grandparents and didn't want a minivan. We're very happy with this Explorer. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like the newer version, but it gets us where we want to go, feel very solid when driving, has power to accelerate when I need it and fits everyone just fine. Not a luxurious car, but I love the sportiness of it. When buying a used car, check the alignment of the doors and the body. I learned that after I purchased it - no accidents reported, but the back door wasn't flush like the other side was - it was obviously repaired. Still very happy with the car.

VERY STYLISH

by AL from MARYLAAND | July 29, 2011

IT HANDLES LIKE A CHARM HAS GOOD EXCELERATION I LIKE THE WAY IT HANDLES I GET GREAT COMPLIMENTS GOOD

Its old but still a good truck!

by average joe from Richford NY | April 12, 2011

I have a 2002 explorer. Awsome truck!! I'v towed a 28' camper with it,and many other things. It has been a great family trip vehical too, many trips south. lots of room..vary comfy..great on gas for a suv.. i cant wait to buy a new one!!

Most uncomfortable

by Average Joe from Phoenix, AZ | March 8, 2011

I love the Ford explorer except for the headrests. They are tilted way forward and force me to continually bend my neck forward. If I lean the seat back then I have no backrest. I saw afterwards that the internet has many reviewers with the same concern and so far Ford has been of no help.

Gas guzzler!

by Sorry buyer from PA | February 15, 2011

This is a nice car except that it guzzles gas as soon as you sit in it! I've had RV's with better mileage.

GREAT!!!

by Toy from Chralotte, NC | January 20, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at Keith Hawthorne Ford... EVERYONE was wonderful, it was easy and fast. I had VERY challanging credit and managed to get a interest rate that was less than 4% (i did have a great co-signer). Even with my co-signer, other dealerships were asking 20%!!!! interest.... I got a brand new Mustang with Leather and ALL... Now my fiancee and I are looking to trade our 2nd car and beging our future with the FORD family..

Featured Services for this Ford Explorer