2012 Ford Explorer

2012 Ford Explorer
Available in 6 styles:  2012 Ford Explorer 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Love my Explorer Limited!

by Former Lexus SUV owner from Las Vegas, NV | March 7, 2014

Love love love my explorer! I had a Lexus suv which was NOT worth the money! This ford looks beautiful inside and out, is so roomy and comfortable, and is a great value for what you get. The new styling of the explorers caught my eye and once I drove one, I knew it was bye bye Lexus! Everyone who has been in my car has been pleasantly surprised that it is so nice. The reclining back seat is a hit with my kids, especially on road trips. I didn't get navigation because I use my phone for that, but the myfordtouch has given me no troubles. Overall, 5 stars!

I Love the Explorer, slick, clean great

by powell from Orange County, CA | October 28, 2013

I have owned the explorer for 1.5 years and love it. The air codition seats and automatic remote starter is great for S. Cal weather. I have the pearl white with black int. and looks fantastic. When driving, you are at a perfect hight. Not to high up and not low. I am very please with my Explorer and will be buying another one in the future. Not the most powerful but plenty to get the job done.

No Problems To Report

by Jimbo from Holbrook, NY | August 21, 2013

We went from our 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer to a 2012 Pearl White XLT with the step up package including, Leather, Sync, 20" Wheels and a few other goodies for just about 18 months now. There is no comparison. Not a single problem to report. Great gas mileage for an SUV. Quiet ride, comfortable interior, and a great looking extrerior. Have around 20,000 miles on it, and have had to bring it in for oil changes only. This is my wife's daily commuter, and all around everything else vehicle. Sync works everytime, all the time. When our lease is up, we will definitely get another one. I guess they can't all be perfect. Good luck to those of you having issues.

2012 Explorer

by gratclif very quie from destin fla | July 27, 2013

we have owned several explorers and this is by far the best yet.very quiet, great mileage for a 4700 # vehicle. very smooth riding. like I said, best one yet

Worst car I have ever owned

by robbie from Richmond, VA | March 26, 2013

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited is by far the worst car I have ever had. The ride quality is terrible. You feel every minute pebble. The transmission is rough and poorly designed. The shifts make you feel like you are going through the windshield and it has to kickdown like 3 gears in order to pass. The interior rattles everywhere and the MyFord Touch is the worst think I have ever seen. It freezes constantly and is extremely frustrating to use. I would definiatley not reccomend this car. DO NOT BUY

Worst SUV made by Ford

by Fordnomo from Cherry Hill NJ | January 17, 2013

I purchased the Newly designed Explorer in early 2011.After many problems and virtually no help from the dealer or from Ford the Explorer was replaced with another one.Travel constraints forced me to accept another lease under less favorable terms.The problems with the Explorer were1)blown engine,2)AC problems,3)dead starter,4)multiple problems with the Sync system,5)a stress crack in the wind shield,all of which required multiple trips to the dealer.The new Explorer comes out virtually last in comparison tests.It is poorly rated by Consumer reports.With the returned Explorer and the replacement I have 24 months of experience.The drivers seat is horrific.I'm 6'3 and with seat all the way back no one can sit behind me even my 4 year granddaughter.If you golf you can't lay the clubs horizontally or vertically,you must put them in diagonally.The Sync system is terrible,the screen is insensitive,requires multiple taps and the some items are too small to touch accurately .The net result is you spend too much time trying to get it to work and less time looking at the road.The Sync System concept is good but the execution is terrible.Ford is now on the second revision of the original Sync.The engine is loud and coarse when accelerating even modestly.The tires really whine on concrete roads, are OK on asphalt roads.Other problems on the replacement SUV were associated with the Sync system,eg,GPS inoperative for two days,car would not start,did finally start with the remote start function,backup camera inoperative for two days.The first Sync software seemed to fix those problems but who knows since the system is a collaboration between Microsoft and Ford.For a new design Ford really missed the target.There are other better choices in SUV's.I think a lot of people get enamored with the Range Rover look before evaluating the whole package.

Love My Car

by DriveHappy from Russellville, AR | November 21, 2012

This has been the best SUV that I have owned. I also love the fact it gets great gas milage. I purchased this SUV at Cogswell Motors in Russellville, AR and had a fabulous and extremly helpful salesman by the name of Keith Holbrook.

Steering NIGHTMARE

by Wine guy from Orlando Florida | October 26, 2012

Bought a 2012 Eplorer in June. Had 7000 miles on it, gm drivin, so I was told, ford certified etc.... By July 4th I noticed the steering was off. Stiff, just weird. I thought Steering fluid, since it was still so new maybe it was not fully replaced. Not the case. By Sept it was worse and I took it to my local Ford. They diagnosed the problem and said the part was backordered for up to 35 days. I asked for loaner or rental, nope, I was told ford did not do that I would have to call corporate. I rented my own car call ford and they said they would cover a rental for me to go trade mine in for one on their account. Total downgrade from the suv I had but I took the Mazda hatchback. Here we are 35 days out and no eta on the part. I asked ford for to reimburse me my car payment and upgrade me to a comparible vehicle to my Explorer. After a week they called and agreed to the upgrade but not the reimbursement (I happen to know other squeaky wheels with this issue have been given 2000 to 3000 for the inconvenience and month's delay without a truck). I took the upgrade and have filed a suit for FL lemon Law. I fully intend to get all of the money I paid for this vehicle back and never go back to Ford. They will probably try at the end to offer something from Ford because once the car is lemon lawed it is unsellable by law, but they had their chance, Im not driving this truck anymore they can have it.

Excellent!

by rugby from Trenton,Ontario | October 8, 2012

My family loves the sport we are every where every saturday. I have not had 1 problem with it yet! I would recommend others getting this vechle!

Poor vehicle for me

by Dan from Hadley, PA | August 23, 2012

Maybe it is because I'm going from an 2009 F-150 to an 2013 Explorer, but I sit in it and can't believe it cost almost the same. It should be called an Extended Cab Escape. I feel cramped in it and there isn't enough space for 'stuff' (phones, MP3, wallet, napkins, etc.)