2013 Ford Explorer

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

most luxury and powerfully I owned

by sport luxury suv from CLERMONT, FL | March 10, 2014

Very luxury with to many extras , very powerfully. nice suv for the price. EXPLORER LIMITED 2013 CERTIFIED LIKE NEW I BUY ON TROPICAL FORD . I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW TOY. I VERY RECOMENDED THIS SUV.

2013 Explorer Limited, Great Vehichle

by JEric from Friendswood, TX | December 2, 2013

After having an Explorer, (1992) many years ago, we were excited to see how the newer version had changed. We are quite impressed with the offering. Comfort is exceptional, much more interior room than we expected. By contrast, we had rented a GMC Terrain just prior to our purchase and the difference was striking. We got the Limited 302A package which added lots of electronic bells and whistles, some of which we are still learning. We like the exterior styling as the vehicle has a wide, aggressive look, 20" wheels and less chrome. We did get the 3.5L V6 (not the EcoBoost) but are pleased with the 290 HP. I plan to tow a trailer so the 5000lbs of towing capacity is welcome. Our first tank of gas averaged 19.3 MPG in town. Impressive for a heavy vehicle with this much room. Can't comment on reliability, but we are hoping for many good years.

test drive

by We the people from Wolcott, CT | November 23, 2013

We had the opportunity to test this exact vehicle, and it was a pure pleasure. Very spirited engine, controllable, comfortable for a long drive and space galore! Panoramic roof is awesome. Power liftgate! The brown seat inserts didn't thrill us and the silver paint was bland. We prefer white exterior and black interior. Price is what is expected.

One of the Best Mid size SUV's

by Baby Mobile from Las Vegas, NV | November 18, 2013

Great vehicle for getting around town with an infant. More roomy than a car, but easier to drive than a truck or large SUV.

Awesome Vehicle!!!

by Long-time Ford Owner from Maywood, NJ | October 26, 2013

Just brought home my Ford Explorer XLT today!!! Turned in my 1997 Ford Crown Victoria. This vehicle has all the bells & whistles...Navigation, Dual Sunroof/Moonroof, Leather Seats, Lane Assist, etc. Can't say enough about the car yet in terms of reliability. but so far I love it. Driving is easy and fun; Navigation System is dependable and easy. More to come later.

It's no Chevy!

by john from Cherry Hill, NJ | October 2, 2013

Just kidding, I've been a Ford customer forever. I presently own a 2011 Explorer it's been a great vehicle-no problems

Problem Car

by Jemimah from Abu Dhabi | September 3, 2013

Carbon Monoxide smell is coming through A/C system on higher RPM's. Fuel leakage and smell, hence fuel lining assembly replaced under warranty. Very poor design for 2nd row seats.

ford guy

by ford guy from Odessa Texas | August 16, 2013

I like the new body style, it got more interior room, the ride is excellent for a front wheel drive vehicle. The area that I live you can't find a used well maintained vehicle like this one, for the price that I paid for it, thousands dollars less. thanks

Worst Police vehicle!

by oli from Louisiana | August 3, 2013

This is reference to the 2013 Explorer police package. First! This is the most uncomfortable police vehicle that I have ever driven since 1980. Second! When pushing the vehicle for longer than 5 min. It losses most of it's power. Third! The only cup holder in the vehicle, is in the door, which makes it almost impossible to have an open drink in the vehicle! At high speeds, it becomes too easy to oversteer, although it handles exceptionally well. Forth! If you accelerate on an uneven road ssurface, it makes you appeart like a drunk driver as it pulls all over the place!

Hate the redesigned Explorer

by Cramped Explorer Driver from Waldorf, MD | July 23, 2013

After purchasing the new 2013 Ford Explorer XLT I noticed a slight problem when driving home. . . I could not stretch out my legs! I was angry at myself for not noticing this during the test drive but after I sat in a couple old Explorers, with plenty of leg room, I cannot figure out why Ford made the new Explorers so small. I am 6'3" which is above average height but I am no GIANT. If you are thinking of purchasing this vehicle please do not get lost in all the awesome gadgets. This car is hard to see out of with the redesigned smaller windows, raised hood, and lower roof. Did I mention the "dead pedal" and lack of leg space? I used to love the old Ford Explorers but this new one is a certified waste of metal. The engineers at Ford need to go back to the basics before they screw up the next model. Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing one of my own.