2013 Ford Explorer

Available in 7 styles:  2013 Ford Explorer 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Poor Quality

by Sad Explorer Owner from North Reading, MA | April 20, 2015

I have been disappointed with the quality of this vehicle. I have owned Ford vehicles for decades and this one has had problems from the day it was new. The styling of the truck is great, but the problems take all the enjoyment out of owning it.

Love it but gas mileage and range suck

by Domer -- Go Irish!!! from Fishers, IN | February 19, 2015

Reluctantly traded my 2014 Range Rover Sport which was BEST car I've ever owned. Better than any of the BMWs or GMC Denalis or Suburbans I've owned. Needed to save money but still have a sporty look and feel. Really like the Explorer BUT the gas tank is WAY undersized and am only getting about 15 MPG on the Sport. Hate having to fill up every 225 miles. Love the power. This is actually faster than the RR Sport. Also like the My Sync/control center. It's intuitive and easy to use. Also like the roomier 3rd row seat. Overall, for half the money of my RR Sport, it's a great SUV.

Great all around suburban vehicle

by Midwest super mommy from Milwaukee, WI | December 31, 2014

Does everything I need it to, and looks great. The exterior and interior styling, really turns heads. Only feature missing was overhead DVD player on model I purchased. Quiet as a whisper, and great in the snow.

No driver leg room !

by Hamster from Walt Sweeney 's West Hills Ford, Cinciinati, Oh | August 25, 2014

I bought this Explorer in Feb. of 2014. It looks very nice on the outside... However after driving the SUV for a week I noticed how badly my right leg was cramping...The way the center console is made, it really cuts out a lot of legroom for the driver. I'm 6 feet tall and not very happy with this SUV.. I will be trading it in on something more confortable in the near future. If you're a small person you may really like this car, but if you have long legs you may want to think about this model.

We might want to buy this one!

by Used as a rental car from Sultan, WA | July 23, 2014

We were on our 2 Harley's across country (for 1 month) when an idiot driver stopped on the freeway I(In NYC) and made a hard right ... right into us as she realized she missed her exit. Our vacation was over at that point. We had to ship our bikes home and rent a car to get us home. We rented a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited and completely fell in love with it. It ran beautifully. The interior was very roomy. I got to drive the entire 3,000 trip home while my husband was laid up in the back seat with his broken leg. He was very comfortable sitting there the entire trip. I loved the backup camera. I loved the side mirrors (with the little mirror in it showing traffic to the side of the car). We are now shopping for this car since we have to return this rented one.

My second explorer

by msaspen1 from Jefferson Hills, Pa. | June 25, 2014

I recently purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer and I am very pleased with it. For 15 years I drove a 1998 explorer and I was always so happy with it. I am a Ford Lady for sure, and I hope this newer explorer gives me years of enjoyment. Not the best in gas mileage, and I will never use the third seat, but for the money, I received a quality vehicle that makes me feel safe.

The car I would lke to own

by Ron from Sun City West, Arizona | June 20, 2014

I have not bought a Ford Explorer, I would like to trade for one but no one wants to take my truck in for trade. They can't handle the 10,000 upside down equity There must be a way to write these contracts to get people into a new car with being upside down in their trade. If the dealership has a good finance department they would write a loan for negative equity and make a contract for the rest of the purchase as no negative equity in the trade. Creative financing and move some vehicles.

Love the 2013 Ford Explorer

by Hawkeye Ford from Iowa | April 24, 2014

After 3 children and nearly 20 years driving a mini-van, my wife was ready for an SUV. We love the 2013 Ford Explorer Limited. Great styling and fantastic ride. Interior is roomy, and even with the 3rd row seats in upright position, there is adequate room in the cargo area for luggage. Averages about 21 mpg. Only two negatives we have identified: 1) visibility is marginal, so recommend the back up camera option, and 2) it is difficult to access the 3rd row seats, and limited leg room, comfortable for shorter people only.

most luxury and powerfully I owned

by sport luxury suv from CLERMONT, FL | March 10, 2014

Very luxury with to many extras , very powerfully. nice suv for the price. EXPLORER LIMITED 2013 CERTIFIED LIKE NEW I BUY ON TROPICAL FORD . I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW TOY. I VERY RECOMENDED THIS SUV.

2013 Explorer Limited, Great Vehichle

by JEric from Friendswood, TX | December 2, 2013

After having an Explorer, (1992) many years ago, we were excited to see how the newer version had changed. We are quite impressed with the offering. Comfort is exceptional, much more interior room than we expected. By contrast, we had rented a GMC Terrain just prior to our purchase and the difference was striking. We got the Limited 302A package which added lots of electronic bells and whistles, some of which we are still learning. We like the exterior styling as the vehicle has a wide, aggressive look, 20" wheels and less chrome. We did get the 3.5L V6 (not the EcoBoost) but are pleased with the 290 HP. I plan to tow a trailer so the 5000lbs of towing capacity is welcome. Our first tank of gas averaged 19.3 MPG in town. Impressive for a heavy vehicle with this much room. Can't comment on reliability, but we are hoping for many good years.