2014 Ford Explorer

Available in 7 styles:  2014 Ford Explorer 4dr FWD shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

where is the design team

by old man from omaha, ne | July 27, 2014

1 storage in the console is a deep hole or hidden under the dash. moving the awd switch to the dash would help as well as raising the linkage of the gear shift lever would give more space. ford should , with embarrassment, offer insert caddies free of charge to owners. 2 no room to move your legs, ledge by the door would help. 3 where are the exterior leds and driving lights 4 in dash electronics are repetitive junk 5 tail lights do nothing to continue the design of the car 6 the retro chrome stripe on the back lid is inconsistent with the design of the car. mechanically the car seems very sound last but not least, fire the design team

LOVE MY FORD

by DJ from RETIRED | July 18, 2014

THIS IS THE 2ND EXPLORER I HAVE OWNED. EACH VEHICLE WAS A PLEASURE TO OWN. THIS NEW EXPLORER WAS BOUGHT IN AN HOUR, I PURCHED A FORD EXPLORER LIMITED. BILL AT HAMPTON FORD IN NEW HAMPSHIRE WAS A DREAM TO WORK WITH. MY "WHITE PEARL" THE NAME OF MY NEW EXPLORER IS A LUXURY RIDE. I LOOKED AT OTHER SUV'S I KEPT COMING BACK TO THE LIMITED. I HAVE TOLD SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS TO GO SEE BILL AT HAMPTON FORD. CARS.COM WAS A BIG, BIG HELP IT SAVED ME A GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY. THANKS TO EVERYONE. ONE HAPPY OWNER.

Versatile and a Great Ride

by IL Traveler from Springfield, IL | July 13, 2014

Always have been an owner of practical vehicles, but now the kids have grown and I wanted to treat myself to something special. Always thought of pick-ups, but why spend boo-koo bucks only to scratch it up when hauling things. My mid-life crisis had me looking into sporty vehicles, but winter driving isn't the best for those. Enter the Ford Explorer Limited. I spent a few extra dollars for 4WD and tow package, not to mention the interior extras (love the butt cooling seats - lol) and now I have the best of everything. Haul things? I just tow a trailer. Snow & ice, or back road mountainside? I pop it into 4WD without worry. Yet we can go to dinner or show in a very stylish looking vehicle. Just driving down the road is soooo smooth and quiet. The leather seats with lumbar support are very comfortable. The Sony sound system is a rich sounding perk, too. An extra bonus is that I have a Flex Fuel vehicle and where I live, with E-85 approaching $1/gal difference from regular unleaded, at times, I will see substantial miles per gallon savings. Oh, and I really love the color (and it's name) .... "Dark Side"

Best ride hands down

by Love My Explorer from West Burlington, Iowa | June 5, 2014

The limited is worth every penny! We drove Apr 2 every SUV there is and the Ford Explorer was perfect!

DIS-SATISFIED WITH THE EXPLORER

by REDD from LONG BEACH CA | April 30, 2014

MY 2014 EXPLORER MAKE A CLUNK NOISE WHEN TURNING TO THE LEFT. FORD KEEP GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND AND NOT REPAIRING THE PROBLEM, TOOK TO SHOP SEVERAL TIMES NOTHING DONE,

Explorer with EcoBoost

by New owner from Sc | April 19, 2014

I bought a 2014 Explorer with 2.5L EcoBoost engine. I am very happy so far. I just completed a 1200 mile round trip from South Carolina to Ohio including a lot of mountain driving through West Virgina. The vehicle handled the many curves very well with no noticeable swaying or drifting. I was pleasantly surprised with the power provided by the 2.5L engine, even on steep inclines cruise control maintained speed with only occasional down shifting. Equally important it held speed downhill without need for breaking. Fuel economy was 25.3 mpg for entire trip, however vehicle only had 200 miles on odometer at start of trip. The voice command entertainment center and climate control was easily learned and allowed for keeping concentration on driving in congested traffic. On a negative note visibility to either side for changing lanes is totally dependent on small wide angle mirrors on side mirrors. There is a bit of a learning curve to using them and not being able to just glance that direction. The seating was comfortable and even though my wife and I were traveling with two adolescent grand daughters there was sufficient space for all the luggage with the third row seating folded down. Overall the Explorer was a pleasure to drive and performed up to expectations. Compared to similar vehicles of other makes I checked out, the Ford Exploer is a good value for the money.

Love my new Explorer Limited

by Not my first Ford from Chicago | April 16, 2014

Great ride for an SUV! Roomy interior in both first and second row seats!! i love the clean lines of the interior - easy to clean. Gas mileage is as reported so far. the Limited model with the 302A package gives you plenty of options and comfort. The voice control of the Climate, Radio, Navigation, Phone is great feature (once you get use to it)!

nice features

by explorer from Levittown, NY | March 23, 2014

The car is spacious and roomy. It has many updated features. The sales person Marvin at Levittown Ford was very helpful by matching me with the vehichle that meet my high expectations. I was extremely pleased with this purchase and the service.

#2 and I am not disappointed

by K9KIDS from Houston, TX | March 16, 2014

I had a 1997 model that I loved. Did a lot of comparisons with higher priced midsize SUVs and when it came down to it, didn't want to spend the high prices commanded by the imports. I wanted space and comfort with reasonable gas mileage for my commute, and my Explorer does not disappoint. It rides like a car, but has lots of cargo room for my Labrador "kids." I am a very happy Explorer owner. :)

Lasting Reliability

by Ford buyer from Sparks, NV | February 22, 2014

Our 2007 Explorer was one of the best vehicles we've owned. We are planning on the new 2014 being even better. Our experience with Explorers is that they are a long lasting reliable performance SUV. We are looking forward to this continuing to hold true.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)