2014 Ford Explorer

Starting MSRP

Overall

Best Car I've Owned

by Shadic from McComb, OH | March 19, 2015

I like the rear view camera, heated seats, the big screen, the digital readouts and just about everything else.

Totally impressed!!

by Ms Tate from Oakland, CA | December 21, 2014

I have rented two Ford Explorers in the past two years to drive them across country to relocate my daughter; the year was 2011 and we were able to rent a 2012. Then on our second trip we were in a 2014. I was sold on the Explorer after such a comfy ride, great gas mileage on the road. LOVE IT!!

Great Comfort and Reliability in a Vehicle

by Love for Comfort from South Carolina | December 2, 2014

Fords have always been in my family and my Explorer has performed up to all my expectations! Besides my Explorer performance and good looks, I give Kudos to my sales person Jamey for working a fantastic deal out for me!

No Regrets

by Motor Head from Olympia, Wa | September 28, 2014

Very quiet and comfy ride for an SUV. I love all the high tech features and the stylish look inside and outside. And it doesn't disappoint me when I put the pedal to the metal. This one is a winner. That's why I love my 2014 Ford Explorer "Dark Side" XLT.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best 4x4 Beach Vehicle EVER

by Beach Goer from New Jersey | September 23, 2014

I just ran my 2014 Explorer all over the beach at the Outer Banks for 2 weeks (100+ miles on the sand). I have made many trips there in the past in 2 Jeeps and a Durango. It is by far the best vehicle I ever have driven on the beach. Deep sand, ruts, no issue, it goes where you point it and doesn't bang your head on the roof. I'll take technology now, you keep the truck format of my previous 4x4's.

Completely satisfied

by Grandma from Gainesville, FL | September 12, 2014

We were in the market for a car that could pull a camper plus bicycles and had room for all the other items needed for camping. The Ford Explorer had the tow package we wanted and size we needed. Called and told Ron Hinson what we wanted down to the color we wanted and he produced it. Very satisfied that he did not argue about it nor try to sell us anything else. Very satisfied.

I switched to a Ford

by Janice from West Valley City, Utah | September 10, 2014

I have friends that own a Ford Explorer and praised all its wonderful features. I bought my model because of 7 passenger capacity so I can take my grandchildren. I also wanted Front wheel drive and back up camera. I wanted blue or red color and the light colored interior. I have really enjoyed the cell phone hands free option and the touch screen for climate control. I am very happy with my new Explorer!

2014 Ford EXplorer EXT - New

by beau1943 from Indiana | August 30, 2014

This automobile is top of the the line. Beautiful exterior design. The interior is excellent but I don't like how the seats are laid back or down. The leather interior appearance is also beautiful. The engine runs quietly and excellent performance and power for a V6. The gas mileage is satisfactory on the road. Presently getting average of 21 miles per gallon road and city driving.

What a great buy

by Great Crossover from Tyrone & Rosie from Chicago | August 14, 2014

My wife and I traded in her 2010 Nissan Rogue we just stopped to take a look at the new Ford Explorer not planning to buy but after test diving the XLT we left with a new SUV and am I glad we did what a great buy ford has stepped up there game big time and from all the reviews I read seems like this is one of the best if not the best midsize crossover out there. Smooth ride great looks it has it all thumbs up to ford this is my wife's truck and she loves it!!!

where is the design team

by old man from omaha, ne | July 27, 2014

1 storage in the console is a deep hole or hidden under the dash. moving the awd switch to the dash would help as well as raising the linkage of the gear shift lever would give more space. ford should , with embarrassment, offer insert caddies free of charge to owners. 2 no room to move your legs, ledge by the door would help. 3 where are the exterior leds and driving lights 4 in dash electronics are repetitive junk 5 tail lights do nothing to continue the design of the car 6 the retro chrome stripe on the back lid is inconsistent with the design of the car. mechanically the car seems very sound last but not least, fire the design team