1995 Ford F-150

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Extremely under powered

by Trans Am Man from | January 25, 2014

I own an XLT ext cab 4x4 with 80k original miles. This truck has been kept in tip top condition. Overall I would say it is a fair vehicle with a big "beware". Despite what I have heard of reliability (that is why I chose it) the Ford 4.9 I6 is the slowest, weakest engine I have ever experienced. I will not allow my son or wife to drive the pickup out of town, the acceleration is dangerously slow so merging onto a highway is just scary. My engine is and has been meticulously maintained and is running up to spec. I have averaged 13 mpgs and might add I am very light footed. Additional cautions I would give are chronic rusting problems and electrical issues with these trucks along with automatic hubs being notorious for failure and the Mazda manual transmissions being sub par. I like the classic looks, smooth ride and nice interior.

Money pit.

by Average joe from Salt Lake City, Ut | September 7, 2012

Owned this truck for 6 years. In that time I have replaced the heads, transmission, both fuel pumps, battery, and the rear main seal. It currently needs battery cable, oil pan gasket and has a radiator leak. I average about 14 miles per gallon.

F-150 is the greatest

by norcalgal from modesto, ca | August 6, 2012

I have owned F150 trucks for over 20 years and they are the most dependable and well made so that they don't fall apart after 100,000 miles. They will save your life too in a bad wreck. Ford F-150 trucks are number one in my opinion.

'95 F150!

by NegroLips from OK | September 28, 2011

I'm 16 and inherited this vehicle from my father. It's very reliable. He owned it for 15 years before I started driving it. It's got 270k miles on it and runs like new almost. Routine maintenance and a fuel pump are the only replacements I know we've ever had to do on the truck. It's comfortable on the inside. The bench is soft and spacious as long as you don't try to cram too many people in the cab.

95 F150 4x4 Flare Side

by Black beauty from McEwen, TN | January 28, 2011

This truck has been fairly reliable for us and the 351 gives good power for towing and hauling and the flare side is nice for getting things out of the bed easily. There are 3 problems with the truck though. The regular cab model is really cramped inside. For example; my girlfriend is only 5'3" and drives with the seat all the way back. I'm 6' and there is not very much room. Another problem is that the four wheel drive doesn't always engage like it should. The electronic locking hubs went out and I replaced them with manual hubs and the problem went away. The last problem is that the truck only has 1 fuel tank (these truck were normally equipped with 2 fuel tanks) with 13.5 gallons and the truck gets 14mpg so you can't go 200 miles before you have to get gas witch is not good when you are towing. Other than those three thing it is a great truck and I would definitely recommend this truck but get the supercab model.

Truely "Built Ford Tough"

by fordtruckman21 from Pittsburgh, PA | December 15, 2010

wow, this truck just does not stop! i have had no major issues with it, except for major rust on the bed. i use this truck in the winter, and the PA winters can be pretty bad but this truck handles it with ease! the exterior styling is great, i love the way these look. inside is very nice as well. the seats are comfortable and the dash is well laid out, but filled with cheap plastic. the value for money of this truck is amazing, i bough mine for 2k with 198k miles. it currently has 215k and runs almost as good as new. the transmission is starting to act up tho, but with this many hard (and i mean hard) miles it to be expected. I never owned a dodge or chevy, but they have a lot to live up to with this truck!

Best truck ever built

by redlightning93 from mobile, alabama | August 17, 2010

I have owned several of these '92 - '96 F150's and they are really built "Ford Tough". You can't beat them for style, handling and reliability. I am driving a '92 now that has 223k miles and it is as strong as ever. They are basic, simple and easy to work on transportation.

Awesome truck!

by 95F150CK1 from WPB, FL | March 1, 2010

I have put 214,000 miles on my truck over 15 years and the only major repair I have EVER had to do to it was the transmission. Still looks great, drives great, does everything GREAT! I am selling it and upgrading to an 04' but the 04' will have a lot to live up to after how well my 95' has treated me over the last 15 years! Cannot say enough about this truck! :D

Best full size truck I ever had

by niteranger_54 from | December 9, 2008

This truck is awesome. I bought it 3 years ago from a company for $1800 it has the 300 I6, 5spd stick 4wd extra cab with shell and its the XLT version. Mine has 115,000 I use it as a spare vehicle and for hauling. It is always there when I need it handles wonderful in the snow. I was able to get this truck because the company wanted a truck with a V-8 and 4wd on the fly. give me the 6 manual transmission and manual hubs. I average between hwy and city 17-18 mpg.I feel i got the deal of the century. I kept my last truck 10 years i know i'll have this one at least twenty more...the only drawback is used parts are hard to find because most of them are still running. The 94-96 F-150's are probably the best truck ford made..also if you have the speed control just disconnect it and tape it and your problem solved.

Ford F150 Majestic

by Professor from Fargo | December 6, 2008

I got this vehicle as a used beater truck and I couldn't be happier. The seats are extremely comfy and the engine purrs like a cat. The back end slips around on the snow if I don't have weight in the bed.