1998 Ford F-150

Available in 44 styles:  F150 Regular Cab Styleside shown

Overall

My 98

by F150 from Louisville,KY | June 20, 2014

Less than 50k miles. Truck is in awesome condition! I'm very happy with this truck. I should get 200,000 miles out of this truck.

Old Reliable

by Cabinet Guy from Lafayette ,IN | September 26, 2013

Bought my 150 in 2004.I have put over 173,000 miles on it and still get great performance. New alternator and left front brake line is all I've done. Just a great all around truck. Plan on keeping it for many years.

great truck

by 420TruckeR420 from ATL | September 1, 2012

I picked up a used (117k miles)1998 Ford F 150. for a car of this age it is in great shape drives better than the ones I test drove back in 98! its built like a tank and has yet to fail at anything i dish out!!

best truck for money

by truck lover from fort worth tx | December 6, 2011

i bought my 1998 ford 4x4 used and it has been an excellent truck, i paid $8900 for it 2 yrs ago and it has 12100 miles on it then , now i have 154000 miles still running strong no problems.

best car in the world

by truck driver from | September 18, 2011

we have this car since 99 and here we are 11 years later with 300,000 miles and it still runs like new.

F150 in Ohio

by K2 from Copley, OH | December 20, 2010

I was amazed at how hard it was to find a descent truck for $5000. I had to look at $10000 trucks to start finding something with a good body, and the style I desired. I eventually found what I was looking for.

Great all around truck for personal use

by Tiger Fan from Columbia, MO | August 4, 2010

I bought my XLT new in 1998. It's regular cab with power everything. Still a sharp truck with nearly 110,000 miles. Once had a lifter start knocking due to faulty seal allowing moisture into the cylinder. I understand this particular seal has been a common problem with the 4.2 engine, repair cost me over $600 at Ford service. Other than that, a very reliable truck with no mechanical problems other than power lock/window switches. Plenty of power, nice driving vehicle. Gas mileage averages around 15-17 mpg. I think regular service is key, including all fluids.

Nice Solid Truck

by Cadiman from Frederick, Maryland | January 28, 2010

I recently had purchased my first full size truck; a 1998 F150. This truck is a solid work machine and at the same time has good style and class. I really enjoy getting the positive attention that one receives while driving. As for performance, the truck was equipped with the tow package and is geared at a low ratio. Lots of power and as for gas millage about 16-18mpg high way. Which is relatively close to a mid size truck, but with more room and allot more truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who actually needs a truck for working purposes, towing and hauling, ect.

Very durable and trouble free

by buckmaster from Ticonderoga, NY | July 5, 2009

I have 290,000 miles on mine and no problems. The four wheel drive engages inside the cab and offers 4-high and 4-low. The 4-low four wheel drive is very powerful.

Great Truck

by Trucks from San Francisco, Ca. | December 30, 2008

Owned since new - 50th anniversary edition. Only three failures: hood latch, alternator and fan switch. I have over 90K and it runs great and looks good too!

Featured Services for this Ford F-150