See Also: 2005 Ford F-150

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
Available in 5 styles:  2005 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew Cab Styleside 5.5' box 139" WB shown

Overall

All around great truck

by Scottfromohio from Maggie Valley, NC | January 28, 2016

Ive had my 2005 Ford F150 XLT for 6 years now and love it. The only thing thats gone wrong on it is a fuel injector went bad on it 2 years ago. That's it! I do landscaping and it hauls me and my equipment around with ease. When its all cleaned up i get complimented on its good looks pretty often. It is now over 10 years old and the A/C still blows ice cold and has never been recharged. It has no squeaks and no rattles what so ever. I wouldnt hesitate buying another one if i needed to. Super dependable!

First truck (F150), 3 other fords in the driveway.

by Kool old dude from St. Louis, MO | December 13, 2015

I like fords. Not because they are easy or great but because I have other fords and I am familiar with the little stuff that needs attention. I bought a 2005 F150 stx with high mileage, 2 valve sohc 4.6 liter V8 with 4wd. I had the 3 valve in my 09 mustang. You truck guys want low end torque and this motor doesn't have much. Give it some revs to get it moving. Mileage is horrible with the 4wd option but this thing's a tank. It drives great, accelerates poorly and stops slowly. my 2012 mustang has none of those issues but it won't work in the rain or haul more than a bag of groceries and a handful of prophylactics. Anyway, the truck will hold lots of sheet metal and I-beams. The 355 rear end is ok but I'd opt for the 373 or 411 if I had a choice. The 5.4 is suppose to be better but the 4.6 is time tested and rock solid. I change the oil regularly, grease every nipple, flush the radiator and transmission, change differential oil and have a 4 wheel alignment every 2-3 oil changes (on my second). Looks like the prior owner had the same plan. If you're smiling, you're probably driving it too hard off road and should know the grins are worth the price you'll pay so don't buy a used 4wd from someone that looks like they enjoy a weekend in the mud. I baby it because I don't trust the weight of the vehicle with the entry level auto tranny and don't want to replace U joints on drive shaft. Get a good transmission oil cooler and use some sense with a big load or off road and always service it. It will last. All my fords have way more than 100k. This is the first used one I've bought and only felt good about it because of the service records. A few thousand miles later and life is still good but mostly because gas is cheap. I plan on getting tires that are geared toward road use and adding forward and backward cameras so the kid and wife don't ding it up. Bottom line, there's a reason people sell their vehicle so if you buy one used make sure they weren't running from a problem but running to something they wanted more. Have fun and keep an eye on the maintenance schedule. So far, I love this thing. I'm starting to tear up here so I guess I'm done.

An EXCELLENT ride!!!!

by King Rancher from Eastern Montana, USA | June 17, 2014

A great pickup for the price! Overall we are highly impressed with the King Ranch - styling, performance, and comfort are top notch. Our King Ranch was well taken care of and has been mistaken for a MUCH newer model! We purchased this pickup for our primary "dressy" car, and are well satisfied with our decision. We have noticed an improvement in the average mpg as well - began at 14.5 now up to 15.2. Our King Ranch rides smoothly whether we are on paved roadways or on gravel/dirt county roads. We drove over 500 miles to take delivery on the pickup - it handled the trip home VERY well. Would we make this purchase again if we could go back in time - YES, without hesitation!

very nice truck for the price

by scottkelsey from Joplin, mo | February 13, 2014

Overall I was very impressed with the f150 king ranch that we purchased its very nice on the inside and rides very smooth. The man that sold us the truck was very kind and was willing to get us the best deal possible.

horrible reliability

by taken a chance from ozark mo | January 5, 2014

great looks, great interior styling,,,,horrible reliability,,,ford did so many screw-ups on the 5.4 motor design....

one of the worst experiences iv'e ever had!!!!

by dissatisfied customer from Fort Ann, New York | January 4, 2014

Do not deal with these people, they give you the runaround, and when you make a appointment, from 2 hours away, they tell you the day before another salesman sold the truck you already made a deal for. So it was not the truck, it was the sales manager!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

No more Ford's for me

by Nomore Ford guy from Montana | December 23, 2013

Please do not purchase this vehicle. 7 out of 8 plugs broke first tune up. Alternator went out at 60,000...cam phaser issues continual misfires. Broke valve springs...all before 100,000. Well maintained. Ford knows about the cam phasers and also the poor plug issue. Many shops will not work on the 04 to 08 F150 because of all the problems.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Hunting Truck

by Family guy from Minnesota | October 14, 2013

The helped me find a good cheap hunting truck very minimal rust, ran and drove well. I was in and out quickly.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

TOUGH truck BUT....

by bert from | August 26, 2013

When it was time for a tune up the dealer told me $800-$1000 because the plugs break off in the block and need to be drilled out, no guarantee that they wont have to replace the motor.$5000.00 for a new motor. NOT A WARRANTY OR RECALL PROBLEM. hmmm....cant tune up an engine?

Great Truck.

by Jackson Racing from Greenville Kentucky from Greenville, KY | July 9, 2013

This vehicle is amazing for long distance hauling. You have great handling with trailers. It is also the safest vehicle for the cargo you can not replace. (Children and family) If you are looking for a great vehicle look no further..