See Also: 2006 Ford F-150

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
Available in 13 styles:  2006 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew Cab Styleside 5.5' box 139" WB shown

Overall

Saved my wife

by truck guy from Iowa | October 18, 2014

My wife was cut off and hit a Ford Expedition straight on at 60mph. She walked away with a slight bruise on her wrist from the air bag. Truck is totaled but they make new ones everyday and I will be continuing buying them if this exceptional safety continues.

DONT BUY WITHOUT A WARRANTY or MECHANIC OPINION

by motoman from Florida | July 25, 2014

Bought this truck used at a decent deal, figured if it was cheap enough I would do some maintenance and a tune up on the 5.4L Triton motor. Everything from spark plugs, cam phasers, timing chain, tensioners, coils... all were bad. Injectors are also notorious for going bad and clogging the catalytic. Now theres a Rod Knock! as I fix one thing another goes bad. The 5.4l has been discontinued but if you have to have an 04-08 f150 your definitely taking a chance, don't let a nice looking truck lure you in. have the motor looked over by a mechanic, if it isn't running right either move on or consider a rebuilt motor other than repairing one thing at a time with expensive parts and hours of labor.

Great Service!

by Bryan from | July 2, 2014

Really liked Joyce Thompson. Even though we didn't end up buying the truck we came to look at, my wife and I both ended up wishing we could have bought from Joyce. Super nice, not pushy and a joy to work with. Thank you Joyce.

this truck saved my life

by fisherlady from | February 24, 2014

I have had my truck for almost five years I bought it used I have put very little into it I was driving to work one morning and I hit ice it crashed into a hydro pole and broke it in half I came out of that crash with only slight bruising from the seatbelt it has never let me down and always has power to spare its very roomy and comfortable to drive I love my truck and will never drive anything else again and yes I test drove every truck on the market before I bought this one but by far it had the most room and handled the road on and off the best I love my Ford F150 XLT

2006 Ford F-150 XL

by Thomas Nguyen from Hayward, Ca | January 12, 2014

There would be nothing. Absolutely nothing. No appreciation. Just a car you drove, and sold. But because the whites, we speak as if it's great. Sure, if we examine, we say its a complicating peace of work. Not easy to make. Steel, springs, parts, gasoline, spark, physics tour de force. In reality, cars are failing. Its a mess. Brake fluids. Components. Oil Leaks. My advice is to get an electric motor car. Much less work and maintenance. Never buy a car you don't know about. How it was driven, where it has been (flood), accidents, problems, etc. But if your looking for a dependable truck the 2006 Ford F-150 is right for you. I don't think any 2006 Ford F-150 First owners (original) would bash their vehicle. Or abuse them. However remember its a truck. It can be put to work thus damaging transmission and piston cylinders. I have a 2006 Ford F-150. This is something that came about. I don't care where you say take the Bus, ride the bicycle, your polluting the planet, this is My World. So in my world we drive cars and feel the things we feel. I put 75K miles on this baby of hard work. Suspension and Chassis is proven. Springs work fine. Tires never needed to be changed. Brakes never needed to be changed. Electronics never went out. Not even a Dime of maintenance for 5 years besides oil change. Still going strong. So Far. Ask if its a "loading" truck. Year doesnt necessarily say the car, Ford doesn't necessariliy, heck F-150 doesn't say the car (as if F-150 is a motto), the car says the car. And there are many factors that say the car. Know its true Nature.

Nice

by Ford Guy from SC | November 20, 2013

Nice truck so far. No complaints! I've had several Rangers, '97 F-150, '02 F-250 and this one is my favorite. Also Covington Ford in Georgia was great. Thanks

awesome truck

by Ford fanatic from | August 1, 2013

ok this is my second f150 i have owned a 2006 with the 5.4. first off i am a mechanic by trade the spark plug problem they do have is a easy fix if a shop tells you 1000 dollars to do a tune up keep on driving to a new shop. very powerful and very reliable dont let the spark plug problem scare you from this truck some people just dont know about vehicles and get taken for a loop.

2006 Ford F150

by Love Fords from Wichita, Kansas | May 30, 2013

Love the Ford F150 2006 Lariat! We have not had one problem since owning this awesome truck! So comfortable and smooth riding! Recommend to everyone!

great truck

by diesel from jacksonville,fl | May 23, 2013

bad spark plug design, body starting to rust....'...........................................................................

Uses car for Off-roading

Well thought out design

by Cargazer from Henderson, GA | March 15, 2013

This is the Supercab XL model with the puny 4.6. I boght a 1982 F150 new and had a 1992 XLT for 9 years. The 82(140k at sale) was the least reliable and worst designed of the three. The XLT(170k at sale) was a good design, comfortable, with a terrific engine and xmission. The 5.8 and A40D never gave a problem, though I fixed many other things on it. All power accessories were still working when I sold it. This XL is simpler than the XLT of course, but at 90k I haven't had to fix anything mechanical yet. No trouble codes, either. Biggest positive is the interior. Biggest negative is the reliable but underpowered 4.6.

Featured Services for this Ford F-150 SuperCrew