2013 Ford F-150

Available in 51 styles:  2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Regular Cab 6.5' box 126" WB shown

Overall

Excellent overall

by Ray from Ottawa, Canada | May 26, 2015

truck is a XTR 6.5 foot bed super crew, 3.5 Ecoboost. I've owned the truck for 2 years now, 26 000 KM. I use the truck to get to work, for weekend work (pulling a 3 500 pounds BBQ trailer) and summer vacations pulling a Wildwood 32BHDS +- 9000 pounds travel trailer. So far, the truck is doing an excellent job throughout what I am asking of it. It's a bit light for the Travel trailer, but made a 1300 KM camping trip last year and the truck pulled without a problem (added Firestone air suspension + replaced my more conventional Reese Dual Cam for a Propride hitch system, which made a very big difference when pulling the travel trailer in windy conditions). The ecoboost engine is really excellent. Lots of torque. Pulls the 9000 pounds trailer without issues. Transmission seems solid. Cooling system for engine and transmission is also doing a very good job. Gas mileage is ok. I have a 3.73 max tow package and manage to get +- 16 litres per 100 KM, driving easy. When pulling the heavy trailer, depending on the road, I get anywhere between 23 - 26 litres per 100 km. So far, very reliable and comfortable for the longer trips. Not sure about the 2015 though. I'm sure it's better on gas, but would not want to go lighter on the truck to pull the big travel trailer (I think mine is +- 800 pounds heavier than the 2015, but is almost too light for that heavy of a travel trailer).

2013 F150 XLT 4X4 5.0L

by Richard from Knoxville, TN | March 9, 2015

Just bought this truck with 5.0 liter and it's a rocket that get 18 mpg's everyday. My first F150 after several Explorers. Locking rear end is a must.

2013 Big Red, Ex- Cab XLT 3.7 L

by RunningBear from MT.Juliet, TN | January 28, 2015

It is a good running truck, got it with 15k miles. I think it was a good deal. Ride smooth and the mileage is an avg. 20 per gal. 75% hwy. Everybody loves the truck.

Excellent truck for the price.

by Nizzy from Fayetteville North Carolina | January 25, 2015

I've own Ford vehicles since 1999. First Ford was a Ranger King Cab. Than I traded it for a 2005 Explorer. I got my 2013 F-150 STX 5.0 last January and I've love every thing about it. I only wish I had gotten the XLT with all the extra features in it. But the next one will be fully loaded and I will get the Quad door version. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Good Truck Good Value

by Hauling At 9000 ft from Syrcause, Utah | January 24, 2015

I not going to beat my chest over this, with that said I will share my experience with the F150. I purchase my F150 XLT Supercab new and I have had it almost two years; I opted for the 3.5L ecoboost engine with the 11,300 lbs tow package. I was skeptical at first with the engine as I pull a 31ft toy hauler @ 10,000 lbs. However, I am pleased to report the truck pulls the toy hauler very well, so well I can keep up those diesels pickups pulling similar loads. Is what I really like about the towing of this truck is the engine is not screaming when I'm pulling a steep grade, as the engine delivers max torque @ 2500 rpm. I'm not sure how Ford came up the fuel economy figures, but @ 65 mph the truck will average about 19 mpg with no trailer or load. If I run the truck at 55 mph I can achieve 21 mpg. I live in the West and some of the Interstate speed limits are posted at 80 mph, and when I run the truck @ 80 mph fuel economy drops to 16 mpg. In comparison to a V8 of the same power type, the ecoboost does quite well for power and fuel economy.

Uses car for Towing

Ford Raptor

by Doug67 from Fairfax, VA | December 22, 2014

Pretty much the baddest truck on the road. Love the horsepower, interior, look and off road capability. Same time it's like driving a luxury car

Best Truck I have ever owned

by Catdaddy from Atlanta GA | December 13, 2014

The 2013 F-150 XLT is a beautiful yet rough and rugged truck. The standard cab has a tremendous amount of leg room and storage behind the seats. However, the extra space results with a bad blind spot when navigating through angled intersections. Over all the truck has been everything I expected out of the legendary F-150 series.

A piece of American History

by Marcomontana from Nashua NH | December 9, 2014

Bought a 2013 F150 STX with the 5.0 January of 2013, so this truck is 2 years old as of now. The brakes did shutter after around 28k miles, I changed them and we're good to go... I have no complaints runs great, no issues, sounds great, and looks great! If I had to point out something to look at, would be brakes as this truck has brake dust constantly on the from rims telling me the balance of breaking force is a little high in the front in comparison to the rear.

Not 100% satisfied

by Rob from Columbus,OH | November 12, 2014

I bought a brand new 2013 F150 STX 4x4 last September. I did get a great deal with the rebates etc. My last truck was a 2001 F150 XL that I had 418,000 miles on it and it was about done. This truck performs great, smooth, but I have a ticking in the engine. Took it in and they couldn't find nothing wrong with it. The paint chips and scratches so easy and the interior is just so cheap. Everything is plastic. My basic 2001 F150 XL interior was made better than this. My gut feeling is this truck will not last me near as long as my old one.

I will never buy Ford again

by ex-Ford guy from seattle | October 24, 2014

Ford build a bad transmission and stuck me with bill! I'm 53 years old and have owned festiva,escort, 3-f150's mustang, and a sport track, ford has always been good to me until now!!! In last yr I bought 2 toyota's a new and old, love them both. An audi- love it, and a subaru- fantastic car.. Thank you Ford for convincing me that there are a lot of better vehicles out there