2014 Ford F-150

Available in 55 styles:  2014 Ford F-150 4x4 Regular Cab 6.5' box 126" WB shown

Overall

Ford Made Average Bad

by AZ Driver from | April 20, 2016

So the F-150 that I have been driving for the past two years is ok. I'll break it down into three sections and I hope you don't think you should buy one of these unless you don't have any other options. Exterior: The outside of the Ford looks pretty good. They obviously spent time on the way the F-150 looks. It's got nice sight lines and the shaping makes sense visually. It looks like this truck spent a bit of time in the wind tunnel as well. Mine is black and when it's clean it looks really sharp. Drivetrain: My truck has the 5.0 and it works just fine. It gets low mileage, but its a heavy truck with an 8 cylinder engine, so no surprises there. It's quick enough to get out of it's own way despite the weight. The on the fly 4X4 works very well; it switches quickly and I've never had any issues with it. My truck has the rear electric locking diff. That engages much faster than I thought it would and works great. The 4 Low feature is great if you need it too. If you feather the gas in 4 Low it let's you apply only the power you want, but if you hammer it the truck launches. Unfortunately, that's the end of the good list for this truck. The transmission will decide to drop into third gear whenever it feels like it on the highway. No rhyme or reason to it it just happens. When it's a hot day the engine stays cool by spinning the radiator fan to the point that you have to shut off the engine off to order something at a drive thru (I'm on the road a lot don't judge me). Interior: Everything you've read about this truck has said that the Sync system is awful. I know this review is getting a bit wordy already, so I won't go in to that other than to say they're all right. The plastics they use inside are super hard in the places you would like to rest your arms making longer trips annoying. I feel like the plastic on the dash is softer than the door. The sun visor blows my mind. It turns to block out the light, but doesn't slide all the way back to block the sun. It literally blocks the sun everywhere EXCEPT for where it would hit your eyes. The buttons on the steering wheel are hard to reach and don't really make sense to me. On the positive side there are a lot of cup holders. Bottom line is Ford spent time on the looks and the drive train, but didn't spend a min on the interior. If you are looking for a truck that works well, but you don't want to sit in, this truck is for you. Also, the Sync system makes it un-buyable.

oneyear

by jol from Georgia | September 19, 2015

After one year, I am liking this truck. I have had issues with back problems and I can drive all day without any pains(this is a biggy). Next, I live in the south and these round ac vents that can be turned in any direction are excellent (the 2015 does not have this feature). The ride is good, better than my 08 impala.The wind noise is not up to par with the Asian stuff but not to bad. Love my XLT and the price was good. My wife even likes it.

Extremely reliable Fun to drive

by Truck/Car Ethusiast from Hanford, CA | June 9, 2015

What can I say but I love my 2014 F150 XLT. Before buying the Ford, I did my research on what I needed in a truck. 1. Reliability 2. Fuel Economy 3. Room for six and 4. Price. Now Toyota Tundra has a better Reliability rating, but it's Fuel Economy is the worst. Chevy has better styling, but there isn't any room in the back bench seat for my children. Dodge 1500 is very nice, but is extremely expensive. So getting the best of all of those trucks into one, and you have the Ford F150. Best all around truck money can buy.

2014 150 XLT

by railroadbob from Daytona Beach Fl | May 21, 2015

I just bought a new 2014 150 XLT last month and so far I am very happy with it. I had a Dodge Dakota before and it took a little getting used to the bigger truck. So far I am getting 17 mpg with mostly city driving here in Daytona Beach l

WORST FORD I HAVE OWNED

by x ford lover from hillsboro,ohio | May 18, 2015

I purchased this truck new, f-150 4x4 supercab with ecoboost a couple months ago in beavercreek, ohio. I have had problems from the beginning and asked the dealer and ford to resolve this issue . Ford and their dealers will not stand behind their product. So do not end up like me buy another brand.

New 2014 F150 XLT King Cab.

by Marcus from Cold Lake, AB | March 7, 2015

Recently purchased a brand new 2014 F150 XLT King Cab. The experience was amazing, as this is my first new truck in years. This purchase made me feel great from the initial sit down to the test drive, This truck is awesome in so many levels. The drive, the sound, the way it looks. Thank you FORD.

most reliable

by new ford truck from tucson,az | March 6, 2015

just bought a new f-150 ford truck and it was a dream come true..waited 24 yrs to finally buy myself a well deserved truck..thx you jeff bruam for your assistance n your full cooperation

I have purchased 3 F-150 from Hixson Autoplex.

by Working on the road from West Monroe, LA | February 24, 2015

I love the ride of my F150. It drives very good. It is very comfortable for me driving 40,000 miles a year. My wife loves the truck too, she says we could be on a Ford commercial. I have had very good service from Hixson Autoplex the last 5 years I have be doing business with them.

First impressions

by Farmer from North Western Pa. | February 12, 2015

Only had the truck for 2 weeks and have less than 300 mi. on it. We got the basic F-150 XL with minimal options. Regular cab with 8' bed. Plenty of room in the cab with fairly simple, easily accessible, controls. Lots of room behind the seat for jumper cables, roadside emergency tool kits etc. The overall height of the truck is a bit much compared to my last truck, a 1997 Ranger, but that is to be expected. Passenger side has a hand hold to help in pulling oneself up in the truck, but the driver has only the steering wheel. I hope pulling on the steering wheel doesn't cause any problems down the road. At 5' 4" and 5' 3" my wife and I we felt we needed something to ease getting in the vehicle so we ordered running boards and should have them installed within the week. These should help in entering the truck. We have the vinyl flooring, no carpet so hopefully easier keeping floor dry and clean. Mileage is averaging 14 1/2 mpg, a little lower than expected, hopefully it will improve come warmer weather. We are expecting this to be a good "farm truck", and hope to keep it a good long time.

F-150 Purchased from Kearny Pearson Ford

by Gascon from San Diego | January 31, 2015

Recently purchased a brand new 2014 F150 XLT and I must say the experience was amazing. Having this to be my first new car purchase experience I was so happy to have worked with Bryan Chamberlin. I did all the pre-work using the internet service quote process and when I walked in Bryan made me feel like I was getting the greatest deal. This purchase made me feel great from the initial sit down to the test drive and then finally to the signing over of my new car. If ever in the area of purchasing from Kearny Pearson Ford I suggest you call Brian Chamberlin to make that happen. Thanks again. The truck is amazing. The drive, the sound, the way it looks. I have gotten so many compliments to date its unreal.