2001 Ford F-250

Information Coming Soon

Overall

I Love my 2001 7.3 L F250 Truck

by DMCDOG from Clinton, Mississippi | February 21, 2014

I bought my F250 used in 2005 with 98k miles and in 2014 I currently have over 350k miles on it. I had to get a new transmission around 150k but have only had minor issues since. I perform required maintenance. It still looks new when washed and vacuumed out. I have a 36' 5th wheel RV and it has no problem pulling it around the country. Without the trailer I am getting around 20 mpg and pulling the trailer I get between 12 & 15 mpg depending on hills or flat terrain. You can't beat the 7.3L Diesel. I plan on growing old with this truck.

Very Reliable

by Powerstroke73 from Illinois | January 28, 2014

This is one of the best trucks i have owned, its a 7.3L TD has been modded alot in its lifetime has over 300k miles on it and still runs like a top, the only problems its had is the transmission at about 150k miles went out and had it rebuilt

best truck on the road

by 01 7.3 from troy,alabama | August 9, 2013

I own a 91 f250 with the 7.3. I was a Chevy man until I bought this truck. Best truck I have ever owned. It has 284 thousand miles on it and still has plenty of power. I work on the pipeline and pull a camper all over the US and will not own nothing else. I've put 40 thousand miles on it in the past year. No problems at all. No matter how hard you run it,it still doesn't ice any oil. Love these trucks

Bulletproof

by Truck Lover from | December 5, 2012

I had the 01 Superduty with the 7.3 liter super duty Crew Cab XLT... This engine is/was the most bulletproof diesel engine on the market, made by Navistar, a division of International Harvester. Never had a problem with it, and the fuel milage on the diesel cant be beat for this size of truck, easily got 20 MPG highway...

ford f-250 ..toyota with a diesel

by 1bullrider from palmyra,in | December 21, 2011

Sorry buddy but I've never seen. Toyota pull anything but itself.Ford is an American company always has been supporting American families.I had a 2001 f-250 lariat 7.3 diesel automatic and got 18 MPG.I had a water pump go out in 186,000 miles in three years.not bad in my opinion.so it wasn't sitting at home it was on the road everyday.would have still had it if I hadn't fell asleep and rolled it.even at that it protected and after being state flighted to the hospital only had scratches on the top of my head :)

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck

by 7.3 from | May 14, 2010

Although i have only had it for about three months I am very happy with it. It pulls very well which is what I use it for everyday, and I haven't had any problems with it. I have heard these trucks are very reliable and mine has 103,000 miles on it and I'm hoping to get in the 250,000 mile mark. The only thing I can really complain about so far is fuel milage, I'm getting 9 mpg pulling everyday. You could probably get that in a gas truck.

best truck out there

by fordlover from ks | April 5, 2009

this truck is powerfull and will last for a hole lifetime. ive had a truck like this for 10 years now and it hasnt had anything wrong with it. i put a 4 inch lift kit, and some big mud tires on mine. i mostly use it for towing and having fun. ill tell you what if you want a truck that will get you threw a big mud pit than this is the truck to do it with. although i take it off roadin, i take extreme care of it and it still looks like new. i would highly recomend this truck.

Great truck!

by JJ from | December 23, 2008

Big, comfortable and safe! Some minor mechanical issues over the past 4-5 years... but overall, very satified F250 owner!

best truck ever owned

by built ford tough from | November 15, 2008

one of the best trucks ive ever owned. lots of power and has never broken down on me. i have a 5sp manual gas 4x4 and its all there. i went to a fair where i live and it was very muddy. i parked next to a chevy 2500 and a dodge 2500 all just like mine with the same features. and in the end i was the only one that got out of the parking lot without a tow. ford trucks are the best!

Very reliable.

by hole shot from Florida | March 17, 2008

Owning this truck for 7 years it never let me down. This engine is used on most of the motor homes that aren't diesel. Very powerful.

Featured Services for this Ford F-250