See Also: 2003 Ford F-250

2003 Ford F-150

2003 Ford F-150

Available in 31 styles:  2003 Ford F-150 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 120" WB shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

by The Smiths From The East from Sedro-woolley, Wa. | June 9, 2014

We had a great experience at Dwayne Lanes North Cascade Ford with Shane Steward our sales person. We recommend you come see him.

Inexperienced buyer got a 6.0 diesel

by Wayne from Columbus, Ohio | June 8, 2014

I priced several used F-250 pickups in the $3500 to $5000 price range. This one had the 6.0 diesel. It started easily and sounded OK. During the test drive I noticed that it smoked a lot. The used car dealer said "all diesels smoke a lot, but thats not a problem". After getting home I put injector cleaner in the fuel. The smoking continued. Then, I got on the internet and found out that the 6.0 is a bad engine with dozens of problems. Very few of the problems are normal on other diesel pickup models. None of the repairs are inexpensive or guaranteed to cure all the problems. Skip the 6.0 diesel in 2003 thru 2007 Ford models. Even at a bargain price its "no bargain".

Uses car for Towing

forget the 6.0, buy the 7.3 or even the V10!

by allhoursservice from Lodi, CA | March 11, 2014

I've had more Powerstrokes than most people, both as tow trucks, and personal trucks. I happened to buy the 6.0 brand new and what a piece of garbage International came up with for FoMoCo this time! Half the amount of head bolts (leading to blown head gaskets, loss of compression, etc.)! I traded the fine 6.0 in within a week for a 7.3 that now has over 400,000 miles on the original engine! The 7.3 has seventeen head bolts if I remember off the top of my head. And maintenance on it is pretty easy. Oh, and I CAN pass whomever I wish, WITHOUT A CHIP/PROGRAMMER. Remember, they greatly shorten the life of your diesel if you turn them up too high!

Fine F250 xlt

by Spp37064 from Franklin, tn | March 4, 2014

I bought my F250 new in Jan 2003. This is the 5.4 gas/auto 4 x 4. The truck has never let me down in 177k miles. I drive it gently, take care of the service and have zero complaints. I pull a two horse bumper pull trailer and she does just fine. These are great vehicles and I will buy another F250 when the time is right.

Uses car for Towing

Extremely great truck

by Bart from Franklin, TN | December 31, 2012

I bought my '03 F250 Crew Cab 10 years ago this week. It now has 175K miles on it. It's been an amazing truck as far as reliability and service. It's a 5.4 gas engine and I've spent less than $1000 on plugs, coils, and other engine items. I did have to have the ball joints replaced at 80K. The ball joints made a squealing noise early on, I ignored it and they went bad on me. I've pulled a 16' two horse bumper pull trailer with 2 horses in it without much issue. I switch to four-wheel when I'm in the muddy pastures or need to pull down a tree. I tend to drive a little slower than most and I don't abuse my vehicles. I actually still have the original brakes and just now need to do rear pads. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs reliability and a strong puller.

2003 Ford F250 best truck yet

by Winner from Georgetown, TX | March 11, 2012

I have owned this truck since brand new, 250,000 road miles. Only on it's 3rd set of tires, these tires last forever on this truck with a great ride. Changed oil every 5000 miles since new. No oil leakage whatsoever and just starting to use a quart every 1000 miles. I never thought a Ford could be this good!

bed diesel engine

by Ford F 250 - 2006 from Chicago Il | February 4, 2011

I bought my brand new not happy with diesel engine to many times has been at dealership for the service and only has 50,000 miles on it right now and also had trouble with differential started make noise this trucks should run forever for the money

Ol'Blue

by Blue Diesel from New Jersey | November 25, 2010

My SuperDuty has the 6.0 Diesel and regardless of what others think it is a robust engine. very strong very reliable. Power is there when i want it(except from a dead stop because of slight turbo lag, the fix hold bake 1750rpm left foot off brake right foot to the floor). it pulls everything i want it to, which includes friends out of the mud. The styling is good looking better then 08-10 models. the interior leaves something to be desired but it is MUCH better then the Silverado or Ram of the same year. seat are nice comfortable tho it did take me a while to find a comfortable driving position. Its the Lariat si it has the wood trim and leather seats w/seat heat. The only issue with the truck is it is currently 90,000 miles and it needs new Ball Joints, Suspension, and there is a slow coolant leak somewhere. It also gets 16 Mpg with my lead foot so i think its pretty good.

2003 Ford F-250

by Workhorse from Philadelphia, PA | November 1, 2010

This is the best truck I have owned. It is a workhorse - strong, reliable, tough looking with plenty of power, traction and hauling capacity to get the job done. Great on or off road in all conditions: wet, sand, snow. Raw power, great looks! 4x4, V8, Tow Package

worst truck i have ever owned

by ford hater from Merced,Ca | May 8, 2010

On our 3rd transmission and less that 100,000 miles. Front end is also out. Have put over 6,000 into it for repairs and are being told 3rd trani is going out.Babied it-hardly used it for what it was designed for-towing,4 wheeling,etc.and still have major problems.$40,000 for a truck we thought was going to last and be reliable.What a waste of money.Ford did nothing to stand behind the piece of junk they sold us.Said we "should have bought the extended warrranty."I will never own another Ford and will be glad to get rid of this one-if it would stop breaking down long enough for me to trade it in!!!