2005 Ford F-250

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Fords Disappointment

by Riley from Michigan | January 19, 2015

I bought this truck as my first diesel to haul my 30 ft. trailer. My 5.4 triton strained a little much. It's a F250 superduty crewcab. First I live in the snow belt, and this thing has no weight in the rear it just sits and spins basically without giving any fuel. After buying it used with 93000 miles on it I was driving it home and one injector broke in half, and another went out. I Put weight in the back so I could start to get some traction, and I drive only highway a u joint went out two weeks later. The transmission shifts so that if you are on a somewhat slippery surface you will more than likely break traction,(the severity depends), on the slipperiness. I took it in it's shifting correctly. As for the ride I live in Michigan where they do constant road construction, and not a single road gets fixed, but the ditches look pretty. In other words up here it rides like a tank.

Very Professional and straight forward

by Tommy from Tucson,AZ | May 19, 2013

I purchased a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and received a extremely clean Tacoma TRD for a reasonable price and I planned to have their staff locate an Avalon for my wife. Thanks again

Great truck at a great price

by Truck lover from New Jersey | March 28, 2013

Corry and Terri were great. The truck i bought was exactly as they said it was the. It was a very low preasure deal (not like other dealers) and everything went very smooth. If they don't have the car or truck u want they will find it for you. Everyone should buy here.

2005 F-250 super cab 6.0 diesel

by mwpa123 from Nor-Cal | February 13, 2013

This truck, trans, and engine are made to pull! The truck is used to pull a 28ft trailer, tows great and has ample power. The integrated trailer towing setting on the truck and trailer brake are awesome. I Scored a 2005 SD, SC, Lariat, FX4 LB w/59K in 2013 to replace my 1994 F-350 7.3. This is an awesome truck. The 6.0L Powerstroke is incredible. I did a lot of research on the 6.0 before purchasing and the info I took away on the so called inherent problems is that they are mostly due to the power mods folks do. Mine is completely stock and I plan to keep it that way. The truck commands the road and traffic. It's loaded with just about every option and very comfortable. Leather is top quality, roomy, eye appealing inside and out. Handles well for being as big as it is. Have only had it a short time and I get many compliments. I liked the 2005 model changes to the grill best so went with that year. Suits me just fine. If it's like my other Fords, I'll get years of reliable service. I average 16 to 17mpg in town. On the highway, I get over 21 mpg if I am driving 65-70mph and 15-17mpg if I am loaded up or trailering@60-65mph. I plan to keep this truck for many years.

Uses car for Towing

Awesome Truck!

by DaniD from Greeley, CO | August 24, 2012

Purchased this truck for hauling horse trailers. It's comfortable, stylish, and reliable. It hauls like a dream, even through the Colorado Rockies. It's great in the snow, ice, rain, mud, etc. The truck is pretty much unstoppable. I have the Lariat 4x4 crew cab with the 6.0L diesel engine. Best truck I've ever owned!

Uses car for Towing

Strong motor

by New ford guy from Little Rock, AR | December 19, 2011

Nice truck. Can pull a house. Heard issues with 6.0 motor....but I have no concerns so far. I really like the styling of the Heavy Duty Fords.

best diesel truck I've owned

by Al from columbus ohio | November 18, 2011

I've been a diesel truck driver for 40 years and I would say that the O5 is one of the best. It has outstanding power and never fails.

Wish I had my 96 powerstroke.

by unhappycamper from Lodi,Ohio | May 24, 2011

Have had quality issues from the git-go. Bought the vehicle new and after 100 miles both felt dust seals for the front wheel bearings (4WD) were flopping on the axle. At 27,000 miles, the dealer replaced the turbo as well as the right rear brake caliper. Taking a trip to Fla. this winter, the brakes were squealing something fierce. The Fla. dealer would not warranty anything and I paid $710 plus change for a total brake job on a truck with only 53,411 miles on it!! They said the sliders on the calipers were too rusty. The only thing I ever changed on my 96 F250 were the frontpads and rear shoes after 70K plus miles. Rotors and drums were turned once . I had 211,000 plus miles on it. This truck has always been serviced by the dealer at recommended intervals. To top it all off, the turbo is making noise again. I just hope they fix it under warranty so I can dump this unreliable piece of junk. Am shopping around for a diesel truck that is truly built tough, not in name only.

DO NOT BUY Powerstroke 6.0

by Bob from Eastern Ia | March 11, 2011

I would not recommend the powerstroke motor to anyone. I bought my truck thinking I was getting the quality of the old 7.3. The 6.0 is nothing more than scrap metal as far as Im concerned. Mine has had 3 EGR replacements, oil cooler, oil pump, 9 injectors....yes the truck only has 8 of them...and a laundry list of other items to the tune of 20k in repairs from 60k miles to 125k and it needs thousands more now. I take good care of my trucks, all maintenance is completed on time and and as recommended. I drive mostly highway miles. This motor bares the name and now is destroying the reputation "Powerstroke" once held. I only drive diesel trucks and will NEVER buy another FORD.

Reliable w/ low maintenance

by Doc from Port Angeles, WA | January 17, 2011

Reliability is of paramount importance while owning my own business. These trucks are unsurpassed for reliability.

Featured Services for this Ford F-250