2006 Ford F-250

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Don't buy a Ford

by Kmud1 from Ringwood NJ | March 30, 2014

My sister bought last Jan a 06 Ford F-250 6.0 liter V8. I did my research on these trucks. I was hoping when we got the truck that it had its problem already and we did not have to deal with it. This past summer we put in a EGR Cooler in to the truck. I just had it in this past week and found that the Engine oil cooler and the EGR cooler are shot. I don't have the money to be fixing Ford problem. Now i face fixing the damm thing or tradeing?

Uses car for Towing

FORDS F-250 KING RANCH 4WD CRW CAB DIESEL

by internetpeddler from COTTONTOWN TENNESSEE | March 12, 2014

My wife and I purchased this Ford F-250 at Crencore in Goodletsville, Tn.. The 2006 King Ranch has a 6.0 Diesel engine and for that reason we took out extended warranty but with the truck being over 100,000 miles we bought the most coverage so as not to worry about the majority of engine, drive train etc. I have run into mixed feelings on the 6.0 diesel but the bottom line is don't plan on aftermarket things for the engine because after the EGR the head bolts are the most critical and so when and if you have to do a replacement have the head bolts improved at the same time and save money. Thats it as for problems, Ford mechanic told me keep the oil changed, turbo filter clean and changed and some injector fluid every few tanks at fill up and keep fat tires rotated to keep from feathering and she should run many thousands of miles.. I will add to this review at some point later after owning this beauty I'm gonna call BEAR cause its brown and has the power of a bear after I see how things go for just an average joe who will be doing some traveling in it.. Love the look and feel, sitting up higher , great secure feeling...

6.0 is bad and Ford knows it

by Never buy a 6.0 from Modesto, California | July 24, 2013

I bought mine Brand new. Was so excited to get my first diesel truck to pull my Fifth wheel. Performance was so much better than the old 460 I had. Until 30,000 miles when my first turbo went. And to the others out there who say take care of it, I did changing oil on Fords recommendation. Luckily still under warranty and Ford fixed it. 2 other guys I work with also had 2006 and their turbos went at around 70,000 miles. When my truck got to 68,000 I sold it. The guy who bought it had it for 3 months and at 80,000 the turbo went again. Ford wanted 5,000 to fix it. When I talked to the local dealer about these problems they had 3 other turbos all 2006 in the shop. And as I was their another came in. Yes Ford knows about the problems with the 6.0 and the dealer I talked with, Ford dealer, told me he would advise everyone against buying a 6.0

Uses car for Towing

Oryx was fabulous start thru post sale support

by Steve from TX | April 4, 2013

I bought a Ford F250 diesel 4x from Oryx Motors & got a great price that was way under book price and its in immaculate condition! They were very honest and Mike was so patient and continued to provide support for my q's buying my 1st diesel after the sell. It was a perfect blend of selection and personalized service, Thank you so much!

Great truck

by Louie from Cincinnati Ohio | August 26, 2012

Ive had my truck for about a year now and its a great truck. It had a egr problem when i bought it but with support from the aftermarket i ended up putting on a egr delete, ford headgaskets (aftermarket headgaskets will blow again after 5k.) and headstuds. After those mods it's a bullet proof engine.The reason for the problems from when i bought it is the former owner let it sit for a year and if you let somthing sit that long without starting it you are going to have issues no matter what you own. The problem with most 6.0 owners is they dont know how to take care of them. If 90% were to read the owners guide it says change your oil every 200 hours. That is equal to 5k miles. And to also change fuel filters every 10-15k miles. If you take care of them and use them for what they were built for you wont have any issues.

Strongest truck I ever owned

by kefolds from Panama City Beach | June 30, 2012

The biggest problem with the 6.0 is you have to keep the oil changed on time, it doesn't like old and dirty oil. Keep factory programing and maintain ALL the fluids and it will last a long time. The 06 model had a lot of updates to eliminate problems in the engine, such as head gaskets.

bad ford response

by sad dad from casa grande,az | April 16, 2012

i bought my 2006 ford 250 crew cab new. i drove it for 35,000 mi with no trouble. then i started to experince a problem trying to fill the gas tank, it kept shuting the pump off. on my next oil change i asked the service manager to check it out, he came back with a letter from ford stating that if you drive this truck on dirt roads it will clog up the fuel valve and charcole cannister. they will replace these parts for a mere grand, needless to say i was very unhappy about this. i called ford and they claim it is not there problem i should not drive on dirt roads. i live on a county road. i would not recommed this truck and will do everything to let people know what a dissappoint ford is in handling this problem which i feel is one of ford not so good ideas.

DIESEL SUCKS!

by Schuantz from BUFFALO | March 13, 2012

45000 MILES AND 5 YRS OLD, JUST OUT OF WARRANTY, AND THEY WANT OVER $2000. FOR A NEW TURBO! 6 LITRE 300 HORSEPOWER AND USELESS. tHIS WAS A $7000. OPTION.

Stay away from the 6.0 l diesel engine

by F250 truck owner from Boise, ID | October 13, 2011

Just replaced the EGR oil cooler 1.5 years ago and now Ford says it needs replaced again. Each service $3k. They say it is a common problem with thin engine. Dont buy this poorly enginered ford product!!! I am trading my ford for a chevy!

Great truck... Worth every cent paid..

by HDstroke from Pittsburgh, PA | April 13, 2011

The 6.0 powerstroke is actually a reliable truck. How many of those that leave a bad review beat the truck, stack chip on chip to the truck, change the oil at 7K plus miles???? No matter what ford, chevy or dodge is going to have issues if you treat it like that. The truck will last but be smart and take care of it. For fuel economy the truck ways more than a honda civic ITS NOT GOING TO GET 30 mpg the trucks way 7,000lbs and more depending on truck. Would buy another one tomorrow hands down...