See Also: 2008 Ford F-250

Information Coming Soon

Overall

6.8 V-10 Is The Best

by Pappy 19 from Garden Valley, Idaho | August 22, 2014

I ordered this truck the way I wanted it. The only thing I didn't order and wish I had, was the rear camera. I currently have over 143,000 miles on this truck and this V-10 has been flawless. I have changed plugs twice, once at 90k and again at 140k. I would recommend changing plugs every 50k. This truck has never been in the shop except for oil changes. I have owned diesels before but this V-10 is the best of the bunch. Mileage is lower than diesel engines, but when you include the increased cost of the diesel engine, cost of maintenance and cost of fuel, theis gas engine is a winner, hands down. These V-10's are tough to find now, but are worth the effort to find. They are very reliable. The Torqueshift tranny is awesome. I wouldn't change a thing on this truck.

Very pleased

by Fireplug from Colorado | April 8, 2014

I purchased this 2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty March 2014, with 65000 on it. It is my first diesel. My reason for this type of pick up is towing a 5th wheel here in the mountains of Colorado. The fuel mileage is about what you might expect from a powerful engine and a truck that weighs about 8000 lbs., about 11 to 14 mpg in the city and 18 to 23 mpg on the road. However, I didn't buy this for good mileage. I needed a truck that would tow a 11000 lb. 5th wheel plus all my gear up the passes in Colorado, and this truck does it with ease, safety and comfort. If you are in the market for a truck like this, I say, take your time. List everything you can think of that you would want in a heavy duty hauler. Try a few brands out. I don't believe there is really a "perfect" truck, but this Ford F250 Super Duty comes very close. That being said, the only disappointment I have is that it doesn't fit in my garage.

Gas saving Truck

by Ollie from Albuquerque, NM | January 26, 2013

Just bought a 2008 F250 V8 5.4L supercab. It runs great for city driving, its a big difference in gas vs my old 1997 F250 7.4L 460 engine..horrible gas mileage but would haul or tow anything. The new 5.4L does have less power and throttle response but when it comes to gas its a winner in my book.

Love my F- 250 lariat diesel 4X4

by Ford Girl from Round hill, KY | September 3, 2012

Had out grown my '97 F-150 (which still is a winner with 235 k under her frame). Was in search of a newer F-250 4X4 Extended cab, long bed, diesel 6.4. I am wanting to pull a gooseneck 3 horse trailer and travel. Plus an all around family/ farm truck. I found mine via Internet and she will last me 10 to 15 years. Have been very happy with the way she handles, feels and responds. In 3 weeks I've put over 3000 miles on her. Our family of 5 is comfortable traveling in her. Being a Lariat the buttons a whistles are great and make the ride even more relaxing. I've pulled bumper pull trailers with her, carrying two horses and I don't even know the trailer and horses are there. Looking forward to getting the gooseneck trailer. Have been impressed with the MPG; combined highway and town getting 17.6 easily. Highway alone 20 mpg. without a trailer. Don't know how this compares to other diesels, Ford or otherwise but I'm happy. This truck is the right match for me. As you search for your match don't get in a hurry, swat the truck buying bug so you don't get bit. Make out your list as to what you need in a truck and don't accept anything less. Research, research, research. When all the pieces fit it's a beautiful thing and you'll feel it. Good luck.

Uses car for Towing

Pulls like a freight train

by polarisguy from Lewiston, Id | June 13, 2012

Bought this truck new for towing large trailers and boats. It handles everything I throw at it and more. I have tried the other brands and none of them come close in performance and features. With a few mods it will get 20 MPG as well. I just bought another 2012 and hope it works as well.

Don't buy a ford F250 Ford

by cowboy2012 from washington | May 8, 2012

I bought a new 2008 F250 ford 4x4 superheavy duty. have had the "Cam Phazers go out twice. Ford is nice enough to replace the entire engine, but why should this happen to a truck that is only a few years old? the truck otherwise is awesome.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great truck a problem quick

by jgh from Oklahoma | April 2, 2012

Good thing I purchased an extended warranty. It is in the shop now. Great vehicle, but it didn't last 1000 miles before it went down.

Theynkeep getting better1

by stroker1 from Minneapolis, MN | September 19, 2011

The interior is beautiful and the 6.4L powerstoke has good power and is so quiet. Fuel economy has been fair also. Tows well, but next time I will make sure to get a with the rear overload springs.

F-250 is the Best

by F-250 Man from Longview, TX | September 8, 2011

There is no other 3/4 Ton 4x4 truck that compares to the Ford F-250 in looks or performance. I wouldn't even consider any other brand.

coolest pu i have ever owned

by new diesel owner from san antonio,tx | July 8, 2011

head turner, sits nice and high stock, great brakes and handling, beautiful interior and dash layout.

Featured Services for this Ford F-350