The Super Duty is one of the toughest and most versatile trucks on the market, but Ford has left its heavy-duty pickup truck virtually unchanged for 2010.
The Super Duty is available in regular cab, SuperCab and crew cab in either 4x2 or 4x4 drivetrain. The regular cab comes only with an 8-foot cargo bed, while the other two cabs can be ordered with either an 8-foot or 6.75-foot bed.
The F-350 SuperCab long bed and crew cab long bed can be ordered with dual rear wheels. The F-450 comes only in crew cab long bed with DRW.
The trim designations have been changed slightly for 2010: The FX4 off-road package is available for the XL, XLT and Lariat trims. The new Cabela's trim incorporates the FX4 package and adds Cabela's embroidery, decals and other features.
A properly equipped F-250 can carry 3,200 pounds and tow more than 16,000 pounds. The F-350 goes up to 5,700 and 18,400 pounds, respectively. The F-450 can carry three tons of payload and has a maximum tow rating of 24,500 pounds (with a fifth wheel trailer hitch).
New for 2010
The Cabela's special edition pickup is based on the off-road-inspired FX4 trim. Ford says more than 75 percent of F-Series owners hunt or fish, so the Cabela's package is designed to appeal to those likely to shop at the outfitter. There are interior materials unique to the package and additional lockable storage for firearms.
The Harley-Davidson edition returns on the F-450 model. This Harley is easy to spot, with large blue flame decals coming from the side vents. The familiar cues of a black leather interior and metal badges maintain the theme.
Finally, Ford is offering a spray-on factory bedliner.
The Super Duty's bulk is well-proportioned, even on short-bed models. Ford offers a wide range of colors, paint schemes and different wheels to help distinguish the different trim lines and special packages. For commercial customers, there's a pickup-box-delete option, so custom service bodies can be adapted to the chassis.
- PowerScope tow mirrors standard on some models; manual telescoping trailer mirror standard on others
- Available moonroof on crew cab
- Front and rear step bumpers help access engine bay, cargo box
- Available tubular side steps or running boards
- Off-road package includes skid plates
- Power-sliding rear window standard on Lariat, available on other models
- Available tailgate step
The Super Duty has a luxury option for almost every application. Like the off-road look of the FX4 but want heated leather seats, the Sync entertainment system and a six-CD changer? Order the FX4 Luxury Package.
Other packages include the Lariat Plus, Lariat Ultimate and the Cabela's Luxury Package. Certain packages require specific trim levels. The Harley-Davidson F-450 and King Ranch have front and rear captain's chairs with leather-trimmed center consoles. On diesel models, there's an available Rapid-Heat supplemental heater to warm up the cab quickly on cold mornings.
- Available premium sound system with eight speakers and a subwoofer
- Available navigation, Sirius Satellite Radio
- All sound systems have auxiliary input jack for MP3 players
- Available power-adjustable pedals
- Integrated trailer brake controller
- FlexFold rear seat provides steel load floor
Under the Hood
- 300-horsepower, 5.4-liter V-8 with iron block and aluminum cylinder heads, single overhead camshafts and three valves per cylinder, rated at 365 pounds-feet of peak torque
- 362-hp, 6.8-liter V-10, with iron block and aluminum cylinder heads, single overhead camshaft and three valves per cylinder, rated at 457 pounds-feet of peak torque
- 350-hp, 6.4-liter V-8 turbo-diesel, iron block and cylinder heads, cam-in-block and four valves per cylinder, rated at 650 pounds-feet of peak torque (325-hp and 600 pounds-feet of torque for F-450 models)
- Six-speed manual transmission (standard on all three engines)
- Five-speed automatic transmission (available on all three engines)
The Super Duty comes with antilock brakes, massive four-wheel disc brakes and front airbags. Traction control is available.
- Top-tether anchors for child-safety seats
- Available backup camera
- SOS post-crash alert system
Of Interest to Truck Owners
- Ford F-250 (regular cab single rear wheel, SuperCab SRW, crew cab SRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 23,000 pounds
- Ford F-350 (regular cab dual rear wheel, SuperCab DRW, crew cab DRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 23,500 pounds
- Ford F-450 (crew cab DRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 27,000 pounds
Maximum payload capacity
- Ford F-250 (crew cab single rear wheel): 2,830 pounds
- Ford F-350 (crew cab dual rear wheel): 5,350 pounds
- Ford F-450 (crew cab dual rear wheel): 6,190 pounds
Maximum towing capacity
- Ford F-250 (regular cab SRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 16,300 pounds
- Ford F-350 (regular cab DRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 18,800 pounds
- Ford F-450 (crew cab DRW) 6.4-liter diesel V-8, auto: 24,600 pounds
- Fuel tank capacity: 38 gallons
- Axle ratio: 3.73:1, 4.10:1, 4.30:1 (F-350), 4.30:1, 4.88:1, 5.38:1 (F-450/F-550)
- Crawl ratio: 65.73:1 (six-speed manual with 4.30:1 axle)
- Minimum ground clearance: 7.0-7.1 inches (4x2), 7.4-7.8 inches (4x4)
- Approach angle: 20.9-22.4 degrees (4x2), 22.8-23.6 degrees (4x4)
- Departure angle: 16.2-17.0 degrees (4x2), 17.3-20.3 degrees (4x4)
- Ramp breakover: 10.9-15.2 degrees (4x2), 15.5-20.2 degrees (4x4)
- Cargo-bed load height: 33.9-35.1 inches (4x2), 34.4-37.3 inches (4x4)
- Cargo floor length: 81.8 inches (standard bed), 98 inches (long bed)
- Cargo floor width: 69.3 inches
- Cargo floor width at wheel well: 50.9 inches
- Cargo bed depth: 20.1 inches
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Ford F-350
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.