2011 Ford Fiesta

28 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Spent $3k on clutch parts and transmission

by JUDY from Sacramento, CA | June 30, 2014

Can't believe I spent over $3k on clutch parts, transmission and computer processor at Dick Smith Ford in Raytown, MO. I use this car 5 miles each way to work and occassional long drives. Never buy a FORD!!!!

Great First Car

by Microcity from Kamloops, BC | April 15, 2014

After my testdrive, where I slandered this beauty to no end, I had to take a second look at it. After getting over the toy-like sounding turn signal I was in love. It was great that the base model came with some spiffy features that even my almost fully loaded parents cars didn't have from the recen't 2000's. Front bucket seats are very comfortable, but no arm rests (which doesn't bother me driving but it bothers my boyfriend). Inexpensive to maintain. Tranny is a bit strange and takes getting used to but haven't had problems with it yet *knock on wood*. Has good get up and go on straightaways but is medicore on montain highways. Overall a great first vehicle.

Could Be Better....

by Happy Trails from Jacksonville, NC | December 30, 2013

Love the style, love the features, but dislike taking it in to get fixed every few months. At 36,000 miles, all tires were bald and needed to be replaced. This car constantly overheats, leaving me stranded on the side of the road during my commute to work. I've taken it to the dealership and they diagnosed the problem as a blown a/c fuse ($300 fix). A couple of months after I had it fixed, the car continues to overheat during short drives into work. I took the car in for a state inspection recently and it failed due to a bad catalytic converter ($300-$500 fix). This car is plaqued with problems.

Wouldn't Recommend / Won't Buy Ford Again

by Gov in Boone from Boone, North Carolina | December 13, 2013

Bought the 2011 Fiesta excited about the mileage and the "new"rep of Ford. One month in, check engine light came on, had to be towed, and local dealership didn't even check the computer. Since have learned Fiesta is plauged with transmission and electronics problems. When it goes bad it WILL NOT DRIVE which is a danger on local two lane, curvy roads. Dealership was no help. Now car is in shop because it won't start and to be towed, the transmission had to be neutralized because it would not shift. Called Ford more than once and have not gotten any relief. When it worked, it was great and I wish that the apparent systemic problems with make and model were addressed by the company. Bottom line - 2011 (if not beyond) may be a fatally flawed vehicle. Belief in Ford is compromised. At this point, becuase of my experience and what I have read about other's, I cannot recommend any Ford product. Buyer beware...

I love my Fiesta!

by Miss Molly from Kentucky | July 8, 2013

I purchased my 2011 Ford Fiesta a little over a year ago. It had a little over 30,000 miles on it. I purchased this car for my job where because I travel a lot. I've never been a fan of little 4 cylinder cars, so at almost 40, I wasn't expecting to like this one either. Boy was I surprised! I love this little car! It drives and rides like no other little 4 cylinder I've ever driven and gets fantastic gas mileage. Yes it shifts a little strange and shutters if you come to a stop on an incline, but I've gotten used to it. If I had known that it comes equipped with a Ford dual-clutch automatic transmission, I would have known to expect this. My only complaint is that it hesitates sometimes on take off, but most 4 cylinders do this, so it comes with the territory. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone that wants to save gas and doesn't need a lot of room. Oh...and I have since left my job, but have no plans for trading this car.

Love this car

by Lime Squeeze from Milwaukee | June 23, 2013

Great car....wonderful mileage great color and stereo system! My daughter and I have fun driving this car and are amazed at the mileage

Teenagers First Car

by Conservative Dad from Apollo Beach, FL | March 14, 2013

Recently purchased a used 2011 Ford Fiesta with 34,000 miles. Although the car is small, it is very safe, built solid, and gets great gas mileage. Many featurs including hands free (lowers insurance), color lighting, keyless entry, and more for an econonmy class car. If you are taller than 6 ft 3 this car is probably not for you. Perfect for a teenagers first car. Note to self, when negotiating to purchase a used car, consider the number of keys available and floormats. Also reset the cars computer to the factory settings which often improves performance (unhook battery for 30 seconds). Very postive experience so far, I would recommend this car to others.

Fail

by Gogos from Akron, OH | February 16, 2013

I bought a new car for reliability and I had to be towed for the 3rd time in 3 months period. The car is giving all kind of messages and it had to be re programmed in the dealership.The dealership is taking their time,they don't care how you'll go to work Monday morning.I'll never buy a Ford car again

Fantastic commuter car

by MU9294 from Milwaukee, WI | January 19, 2013

I purchased this car as a daily driver to my office 71 miles away. It is very comfortable for a small car - plenty of head room, heated seats, lots of bells and whistles. I average 39 MPG in mostly highway driving. The car has a very solid feel and the ride is smooth and quiet. It uses the Ford dual-clutch automatic transmission which is basically a manual that shifts itself. It shifts like a manual and some people complains about it. I personally like it. The only thing I would add is a driver's center armrest - there are aftermarket armrests available.

Key Concerns

by Tennessee from Clarksville, Tennessee, USA | October 7, 2012

My electronic keys quit working after a year and a half. When I opened the keys, they only had one battery instead of the two the manual says they have. There is no way to take out the old battery without the key falling apart. I suggest taking the key to a service dept. to get the battery replaced, then when the key falls apart you wont be charged several hundred dollars for replacements.

Featured Services for this Ford Fiesta