2012 Ford Fiesta

29 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Most Economical Car I have Owned

by PENNY PINCHER from KENDALLVILLE, IN | September 21, 2014

Low initial cost, high mpg, and low upkeep. My 2012 Fiesta is a hat trick. I have logged over 1 million miles in 40 different cars of all makes and models. This is my 4th Fiesta, and I have had no unscheduled maintenance with any of them. I average over 43 MPG on my 30 mile daily commute to work. This is a fun car to drive.The dual clutch automatic shifts nicely without the minor quirks of my earlier automatic. The controls are very user friendly, easy to reach and easy to read. Great car.

I love my fiesta

by Fiesta Owner from Florida | August 19, 2014

I see all these reviews indicating the ford fiestas transmission slips and goes out frequently. I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta, which I bought new in 2012, and I have had no issues what so ever with my engine. I have a few (very minimal) concerns, though. First, the back seat is incredibly small. I obviously knew this when I bought it, but good gerdy its small. Second, the black "stickers" around the window framing on my front doors, has bubbled up a bit. I suppose Ford factories don't understand Florida can get well over 100 degrees and should really consider getting higher heat resistant stickers. I went to a ford dealer and he indicated to replace the stickers, would be over 100.00 for the sticker and he would likely have to remove my door panel to do so. So I just ignore it. Its not so bad its peeling, just thought id give my insight on it. Also, the car has NO get up in it. I don't suggest pulling out in front of someone, bc you will likely get rear ended. I do have to point out the perks of the fiesta as well. The gas mileage is phenomenal. On a hwy with cruise set on about 70 I average about 38 mpg. with constant stopping and going, you will probably only get about 28 mpg. Also, the Sync works well with my android, and the hands free mode is VERY convenient. All in all, I do recommend this vehicle to you, as long as you have no need for leg room in the back seat. (Talk about crowded!)

good car for the money

by nightwatchewr from harrison, ohio | July 9, 2014

bought it at the dealers only has 49000 miles on it-car faxs says 1 owner, wanted something that gets good gas milage -over all am happy with it. btw-its my wifes car-she drives it 95% of the time!

Horrible Transmission

by Amy from Florence, SC | July 7, 2014

I bought this car new in June 2012....I think it has been in the service area every month since then. I know the courtesy ride driver by name.... It went in at about 45,000 miles for severe slipping in the transmission and they replaced the transmission packs, I believe they called it, and told me it should be all fixed..... Now here I am at 65,000 miles and just dropped it back off this morning for the same transmission issue and a low idle. I just made a 10hr drive to Ohio over the holiday weekend and I literally wouldn't let my worst enemy buy this car. I thought I was going to die because you simply can't get on the interstate safely or make any turns at lights unless you have a turn light. It just won't go like you need it to. I absolutely loved it when I got it. It's the cool lime color and sweet little hatchback shape but I feel like it has been in the shop more than i've got to drive it. I want to tell them to give me another car since there is obviously something wrong with it but I know they'll probably laugh at that idea. Absolutely not happy with this car and would NOT recommend it to another living soul to buy, at least not with automatic transmission.

Weak engine but great car

by jackson85 from Tallahassee, FL | February 26, 2014

Traded in my 2001 Honda Civic with 125k miles on it that was about to head to transmission #4. My 2012 Fiesta SE Hatch has the 5-speed manual transmission. Do not buy the Auto - heard too many horror stories. With a traditional manual transmission the car is wonderful. Tight handling but incredibly weak engine, which I guess is expected in an economy car. I'm pretty heavy-footed in town and get about 30mpg, and 39-40mpg on the highway at 70mph. The interior is really quiet and nice for such a small, inexpensive car. Materials are great overall, but SYNC is a little finicky with my iPhone once I upgraded to iOS 7. Only real disappointment right now is that the trade-in value is dropped significantly. I grew up with Hondas and Toyotas so I guess I wasn't expecting quite this drop. I will be selling it and getting a more substantial car soon now that I have the finances ready.

ford fiesta 2012

by bucky 2 from owego ny 13827 | December 16, 2013

purchased this car in 2011---2012 fiesta from day 1 it seemed to hesitate--skip ---vibrate etc.. now I took it to the dealer who told me that all fiestas may require new clutch/transmissions---I would never recommend this car to anyone--Ford is doing damage control/cover-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 31000miles

Do not buy

by Gotrox from Middle-of-Nowhere, NV. | November 6, 2013

Was convinced the transmission issues of the 2011 model year were fixed. Not so. @64k miles, the transmission began to slip,jump, grind and make all kinds of racket. Taken to a dealership, I was told it needed an "update" to the programming. Didn't work. Was told the next day, clutch is bad $3000 to fix it. Almost all mileage is highway, very little stop and go. By reading numerous complaints,it would have shown up sooner with city driving. By rough estimation of costs spent since ownership, the cost of ownership is set to exceed the cost of purchase by the time it's paid off. (Maintenance, Tires, and fixing of faulty transmission every 50,000 miles estimation).

I hate this car!!!

by Twin from Winston Salem, NC | August 24, 2013

I bought this car in August 2011 I hate it and I would not let my worst enemy buy this car. I have a 2012 and at 10,000 miles I had to take it to the dealership for them to replace the clutch in the transmission and I am still having problems out of it. I keep taking it to ford and they tell me nothing is wrong with it but I keep taking it back. I am fixing to go for the lemon law!! DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!!

Fiesta 2012

by Skateboard from Bay Area, California | July 9, 2013

Bought the car with 6000 miles it is a ses with leather and other amenities. I like the car so far, had it about a week and just getting used to the sync and other features, Tha car rides very smooth and is comfortable to drive. I bought it as a commute car and currently getting @33mpg I drive about 120 a day. Cons are the sync controls do not have volume on the steering wheel. and the transmission is not the smoothest in certain scenario, other that that it is a nice car but its still new

Horrible transmission

by Disappointed from Orange County, CA | May 24, 2013

A few months ago I would have given my car at least 4 out of 5 stars. Thanks to the shuddering, slipping, grinding automatic transmission, I wouldn't recommend my car to my worst enemy. According to the various internet forums, this is a chronic problem with the six-speed automatic transmissions in 2012 Fiestas and Focuses. Apparently, Ford did issue some sort of recall regarding the clutch, but my dealer never contacted me. (Thanks, guys). Two friends rolled their eyes when I bought it, and reminded me that Ford stands for Found On Road Dead, but did I listen?