2012 Ford Fiesta

Est. MPG

29 city / 38 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Weak engine but great car

by jackson85 from Tallahassee, FL | February 26, 2014

Traded in my 2001 Honda Civic with 125k miles on it that was about to head to transmission #4. My 2012 Fiesta SE Hatch has the 5-speed manual transmission. Do not buy the Auto - heard too many horror stories. With a traditional manual transmission the car is wonderful. Tight handling but incredibly weak engine, which I guess is expected in an economy car. I'm pretty heavy-footed in town and get about 30mpg, and 39-40mpg on the highway at 70mph. The interior is really quiet and nice for such a small, inexpensive car. Materials are great overall, but SYNC is a little finicky with my iPhone once I upgraded to iOS 7. Only real disappointment right now is that the trade-in value is dropped significantly. I grew up with Hondas and Toyotas so I guess I wasn't expecting quite this drop. I will be selling it and getting a more substantial car soon now that I have the finances ready.

ford fiesta 2012

by bucky 2 from owego ny 13827 | December 16, 2013

purchased this car in 2011---2012 fiesta from day 1 it seemed to hesitate--skip ---vibrate etc.. now I took it to the dealer who told me that all fiestas may require new clutch/transmissions---I would never recommend this car to anyone--Ford is doing damage control/cover-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 31000miles

Do not buy

by Gotrox from Middle-of-Nowhere, NV. | November 6, 2013

Was convinced the transmission issues of the 2011 model year were fixed. Not so. @64k miles, the transmission began to slip,jump, grind and make all kinds of racket. Taken to a dealership, I was told it needed an "update" to the programming. Didn't work. Was told the next day, clutch is bad $3000 to fix it. Almost all mileage is highway, very little stop and go. By reading numerous complaints,it would have shown up sooner with city driving. By rough estimation of costs spent since ownership, the cost of ownership is set to exceed the cost of purchase by the time it's paid off. (Maintenance, Tires, and fixing of faulty transmission every 50,000 miles estimation).

I hate this car!!!

by Twin from Winston Salem, NC | August 24, 2013

I bought this car in August 2011 I hate it and I would not let my worst enemy buy this car. I have a 2012 and at 10,000 miles I had to take it to the dealership for them to replace the clutch in the transmission and I am still having problems out of it. I keep taking it to ford and they tell me nothing is wrong with it but I keep taking it back. I am fixing to go for the lemon law!! DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!!

Fiesta 2012

by Skateboard from Bay Area, California | July 9, 2013

Bought the car with 6000 miles it is a ses with leather and other amenities. I like the car so far, had it about a week and just getting used to the sync and other features, Tha car rides very smooth and is comfortable to drive. I bought it as a commute car and currently getting @33mpg I drive about 120 a day. Cons are the sync controls do not have volume on the steering wheel. and the transmission is not the smoothest in certain scenario, other that that it is a nice car but its still new

Horrible transmission

by Disappointed from Orange County, CA | May 24, 2013

A few months ago I would have given my car at least 4 out of 5 stars. Thanks to the shuddering, slipping, grinding automatic transmission, I wouldn't recommend my car to my worst enemy. According to the various internet forums, this is a chronic problem with the six-speed automatic transmissions in 2012 Fiestas and Focuses. Apparently, Ford did issue some sort of recall regarding the clutch, but my dealer never contacted me. (Thanks, guys). Two friends rolled their eyes when I bought it, and reminded me that Ford stands for Found On Road Dead, but did I listen?

Spell Check

by Ha Ha Ha from | May 22, 2013

Dude..."go thru and must pass"..."before offered for "sale"..."put them thru "a" 87 point" "Mechanical Inspection & Complete" "Our Vehicles meet" Seriously...wow man....

Transmission slippage issues

by ttroost2 from Tennessee | February 10, 2013

I have owned my fiesta for 6 months. I started having vibration/ transmission slippage issues. I took it back to the dealer and they said the that gaskets are known to leak internally. I am hoping when I get my car back it will be fixed. The Interier is great with leather seats. I feel like I am in a sports car with out paying sports car prices. I get 38 mpg with is great. If anyone is having transmission troubles, take it to another dealer if the one you go to refuses to fix it. This is a known issue with these cars.

Not Happy Anymore

by Bella Blue from Findlay, Ohio | January 22, 2013

We bought this car for the gas mileage...Which it does get great gas mileage...I LOVED my car UNTIL the transmission started slipping...It has gone in for all the updates and is now "Shuttering" even more than before..Service Department says they can't fix something that isn't a problem...I no longer feel comfortable in my car as I'm afraid the transmission will totallly fail and leave me stranded on the highway. Can't take it back to the service department becuase there is no problem. Ford acknowledges the Shutter but won't do anything about it. I used to absolutely love my car and now....I could leave it at the service department! We bought for mileage and reliability and now feel as though we have purchased a disposable vehicle. I asked what would happen if we traded it in with this shutter....He informed me that the trade in guys would think the shutter was normal and it wouldn't affect thetrade in value....sure!!! I'm all for that class action suit...If they don't want to make it right...It will be the last Ford we ever buy and that says alot as that is all we have ever bought!!!

What a disappointment!

by Little Staffie from Wiltshire | January 13, 2013

Bought this car in September when Ford were doing a promotion. Traded in a Kuga Titanium as it was nearing the end of its 3 year warranty. What a disappointment! The driver seating position is a Health and Safety issue if you are not very tall and I have to have the seat so far forward to reach the pedals that the steering wheel is touching my body. The fuel consumption is 44mpg for a 1.4 litre engine (the Kuga managed at least 42mpg and was a 2 litre engine) so also a disappointment for such a small car. I live in a rural area and the roads are not in the best condition but the wheels on this car seem to buckle at the slightest sign of an uneven road and the ride is not comfortable at all. There is no spare wheel just a puncture repair kit which doesn’t fill me with confidence when returning home along a dark country lane in areas of the Hampshire/Wiltshire border with little or no mobile phone signal. The slope of the windscreen is such that when the Sat Nav is on at night (we have a removeable one) the screen of the Sat Nav reflects in the windscreen-very off-putting when driving. The only positive factor about this car is that it is much easier to manoeuvre, around the very small car park at my place of work, than the Kuga was-sadly, that’s the only thing going for it!