2013 Ford Fiesta

29 city / 39 hwy

Overall

2013 Fiesta

by Tiffyk76 from orlando, fl | September 10, 2014

First off I purchased this vehicle in July 2012. My very first brand new car.....I was super excited. I was the only one at the time with a 2013 in 2012. Everything was great until it reached 5k and the transmission started giving me problems..clunking, jerking, and just sounding like it was going to falll out. I took it in to the dealership where I bought it and they did an update in the system. Told me that's all it needed. NOPE!! It got worse and at 7500 miles sounded like the whole transmission fell out at the light. I brought it back and they said oh its now a recall to re-due the transmission and it should be fine afterwards. I got it back 3 days later. At 10k, it did the same thing. Back to the dealership....This time they rebuilt my transmission. Great...... It worked until it reached 35 and almost close to the warranty ending. During this time I got a new job and had to drive a lot further than before. Back to a NEW dealership, again need a new transmission. THis time they said Ford had a "new" procedure and it shouldn't happen again. This "helped" a little. It doesn't sound like it's gonna drop out now and I'm use to the jerking. NOW its the another problem that apparently going to happen with ALL my door. THe latch will just break. Parts on national back order. FIrst one to go is the R rear door ....the door NO ONE EVER USES!!!!! Opened it just to clean the car and just broke Can't close the door. Have it bungee together just so that the light on the inside will go off and now ruin my battery. THe dealership tells me be prepared for all the doors to break and it's 250$ a pop to put them on.....REALLY??? All the problems that I have had and you can't "fix" my doors FORD?? I have contacted them with case # given, emergency priority and "promises" of dist mgrs calling me back....NOTHING. Still riding around with bungee cord and my daughter in the back seat. Oh the dealership told me if I didn't want the others to break don't lock the car.....HA HA...WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Automatic Transmission sucks

by Rhonnie from Terrace, BC Canada | August 28, 2014

I love everything about this car...except the transmission. I had the transmission rebuilt at 18765 KM and I am now at 29000 KM and it looks like I am getting another transmission rebuild. I should have got the manual transmission. My service department at Ford things that it;s fine because I have a great warranty package. That I shouldn't be upset. They will just keep replacing it until it reaches 100000 KM when it runs out. Well it sounds horrible, drives like an old farm vehicle. I didn't pay $21,000 to drive an old farm truck...My hearts broken...as soon as they replace the transmission this time...I'm trading it in for something else!

Very bad experience

by Aaron from Eugene, OR | August 25, 2014

I've owned several Fords in the past and was always happy with them. However, my experience with the Fiesta has tarnished the Ford brand in my eyes. How they allowed this car to go into production is a mystery. To mirror the other complaints here: the automatic transmission on this car is a disaster. When it's working "correctly" it clanks and clacks, herks and jerks, and generally just stinks. When it's not working correctly, the car shutters and jerks and refuses to engage a gear. I found myself in a couple dangerous situations when I pulled onto the freeway and couldn't get up to speed in traffic. At about 15k miles the dealer did major work to replace part of the transmission. It then ran acceptable until about 23k and the problems started again. Thankfully, I have now traded in this piece of junk and no longer have to deal with it.

Great Car for the Price

by Octopus from Seattle, wa | August 15, 2014

I picked up a fiesta SES earlier this year on sale and I adore this car, it's been great for the past 10k miles and expect more to come. Yes the car can handle a bit odd especially in lower gears, but it's a dual clutch transmission, it's will not behave like a normal car. You just need to get used to it and learn it's quirks like any car. My recent cars have been a Nissan Altima, Toyota Yaris and a Chevy Spark and this car tops all of them in being stylish, comfy and fun to drive. I often load my car to the brim including kayaks on top and head out to the coast and even loaded down, I get 40mph freeway. I am sure the are issues with some of the transmissions, but I don't think it's as big of a problem as people are being led to believe. People only tend to leave negative reviews and happy folks don't bother, but I love my car!

Lemon car

by Sadly ripped off from Clovis, CA | July 14, 2014

I too had a bad clutched problem, almost 3major accidents. I finnally got a new clutch after threating to report to BAR. 2days later the pass. Dor latch misteriously broke only closing the door a total of 3times in 18mos! That cost is $187 per latch. Who has that kind of money? This car goes fast and saves on gas thats it! The seat is ergonometically wrong! The gas petal is to far over to the center so your foot is bent wrong. Bad car altogether! Thanks Ford for standing behind your flopped! Wrong

Great car

by Juan Carlos from | June 26, 2014

My Ford Fiesta is a great car. A little car good on mileage, and it has a lot of technology that other cars dont have. Ford definitely has the best and coolest technology in there cars. If you want a cheap car with cool features and drives smoothly, without having to pay at the pump a lot, but the Fiesta. I LOVE IT!

It depends

by Martinex from Frederick, MD | June 24, 2014

I've owned a lot of small cars and this one ranks somewhere in the middle. I was determined to buy a fuel efficient car from an American manufacturer. The Focus was a little out of my price range so I reluctantly started looking at the Fiesta and the Chevy Sonic. The Sonic is made in Lansing while the Fiesta is manufactured in Mexico so I was leaning towards the Sonic. The Fiesta gets better gas mileage and was a little lighter on my wallet so I went with Ford. Funds were limited so I went with the no-thrills S Hatchback (thankfully not available in 2014). I also heard many complaints about Ford's dual clutch automatic so I went with the 5 speed manual. I'm a rather large man so I was concerned about the interior room however by adjusting the seats and the steering wheel I was able to find a comfortable driving position without much of a problem. The interior is, shall we say, spartan. No cruise control, not even automatic windows. Thankfully it did come with air conditioning. I'm not a fan of the 1.6 liter Duratec but Ford insists on offering it as their base engine. As a result the Fiesta is probably the slowest car I've ever driven. Given reliability claims I've been reluctant to really push the engine too hard. There's no low end torque what so ever and the engine tops out very quickly in the lower gears. You will have a hard time beating Priuses off the line. Once the car is up to cruising range (12-15 seconds later) it's not bad. The cabin is quiet and the engine purrs along pretty smoothly. Keep the revs low and the car rewards you. On long trips I easily top 40 mpgs. Race the engine though and those numbers quickly plummet. As I mentioned before, the base interior is spartan with hard plastic door sills (dear automakers: save you money on the soft touch dashboards. Unless you're resting your head on them while driving what's the point? Instead concentrate on the places we actually rest on while driving....like door sills.) and surprisingly few storage areas. I compensated by purchasing a Cab Commander: a saddle bag of sorts which drapes over the passenger seat. I use it to hold my phone and various paperwork. I should mention the cloth seats which, according to Ford, are made from recycled material. They're very comfortable and easy to clean. The Radio sounds great at reasonable volumes. The speakers tend to modulate when the volume is too high. The S trim comes with no USB interface (Really ford? I've purchase 50 dollar radios that have USB). Replacing the unit (a trick I've done with every car I've owned to avoid the ridiculous dealer markup) is becoming increasing difficult with these stylized dash boards. The hatchback was a must. Fold down the back seats, remove the privacy screen and you can get a surprising amount of stuff in it. I even transported my sister's wheel chair. Overall this is a fuel efficient commuter that serves my purpose very well. The rear seat is useless so if your planing on hauling a family of five around, look elsewhere. I do wish Ford would dump the Duratec and start offering a small EcoBoost as the standard engine.

Rough ride, sputters all the time!!

by EMS from Royal Oak, MI | June 4, 2014

I leased a 2013 Ford Fiesta. I have to say it is a rough ride! It sputters all the time when I accelerate. It's actually really annoying!!! I took it in to service and they said it doesn't quality as that bad, so there was nothing they could do. The funny thing is they acted like they've never heard of the problem. Heed my warning....putting a manual transmission in an automatic is a bad idea!! This car with drive you crazy! The plus is it's good on gas and affordable.

Super car for the money

by Wine from Nevada | May 22, 2014

I am going to buy another one for my other daughter as I have complete confidence in the car. It has been the best

never again do i get a ford

by lcasta63 from el paso | May 14, 2014

OMG!!! Never again do I get a Ford car!! Its a new car n its already giving me problems!!! After only having it for 5 Months!!!Really Ford?? not even do I get to borrow a rental car!! n to top it of bad customer service!!