2013 Ford Fiesta

2013 Ford Fiesta
Available in 6 styles:  2013 Ford Fiesta 4dr Sedan shown

29 city / 39 hwy

Overall

Worst transmission I've ever driven.

by Now a GM man from Spring Hill, FL | August 3, 2015

Had my 2013 for a bit over 1 year. After about 6000 miles, the transmission started jerking when shifting into third gear. Took it to the dealer and they repaired the problem. At 8500 miles it started jerking when shifting into 4th gear. Took it to dealer again and problem solved, for three days. The car started making a rubbing, squeeking noise that became worse as it gained speed. By now, my wife was afraid to drive the car. Took it again to the dealer, and they fixed? it again. By this time, my wife wanted nothing to do with the car, and I was getting very wary of it too. The mechanics at the dealership stated that they got directives on how to fix Fiesta transmissions every month but not seemed to work. That day, we dipped into savings and purchased a GM product.

Excellent MPG

by Dealership Worker from Altoona, PA | July 2, 2015

We bought this car about 4 months ago to be my husbands for this 45 minute commute to work one way. I wanted something really good on gas, but with PA winters we couldn't have him take a Smart car up the mountain. We took it to the beach about a month ago and while we were pretty cramped with a 6 hour ride we got 47 MPG even with 3 hours of traffic! (half a tank fill up costed $9) For us not having children the tight space was worth it with so little we had to pay for gas. That being said this is not a family car! The back seat is very small. We got the Eco engine as well, and it has a 2 or 3 second acceleration delay which is a real problem when doing quick pull out's into traffic. All and all I think we made a good purchase considering my husband is loading the miles up that it will probably be traded in once the loan is paid off.

Okay Car, But Will Be Happy To Turn Back In

by Fiesta Fox from Seattle, WA | June 9, 2015

Very glad I leased rather than purchased this car. Still have just under one year to go and I'm ready to turn it in and get something else. The car is fine overall as far as the look and comfort. Tiny backseat, but I knew that going in. I got a 2013 Fiesta Titanium Hatchback, love the extra touches with this trim level. But, as many have said, the automatic transmission is not enjoyable to drive. I've just learned to live with the occasional jerkiness and grinding noises. It does get great gas mileage and the primary use of this car is as a commuter. I've had really bad luck with American cars in the past and gave this one a shot, but will likely avoid Ford for my next vehicle lease/purchase.

Worst Car Ever

by laurak from San Diego, CA | April 9, 2015

Years ago (in the last century) I had sworn to never get a Ford. The auto bailout and reviews of recent Ford models lulled me into trusting this company. Big mistake. The Fiesta is worse than any car I've ever had before. 2 years and $27K miles in I've had the transmission repaired twice - and no more because now Ford refuses despite the service bulletin and the same problems recurring. The emission programming had a recall. The antenna system just failed - there's a service bulletin. Despite bringing the car in twice in the last month (service, recall repair) the brake system just failed this morning. Badly. Car cannot even drive. Other complaints on this car show similar brake issues likely caused by the jerky transmission and Ford not agreeing to a warranty repair. This should be fun. The car drives terrible. Total loss of power from when I first got the car. A few thousand miles in the transmission started jerking the car. The service tech told me to just turn the key and "reboot" the car computer. When I asked - On the highway??? No answer was forthcoming. It was all downhill from there with this transmission. There is no power on acceleration, a jerk, a hesitation and then it shoots forward. I rear-ended someone in slow traffic because it wouldn't go and then shot forward. I told the service tech and was ignored as usual. There are shudders, too high transmission revs, its hard to accelerate and things just keep going wrong despite religious attention to regular service. Thankfully I paid extra for the maintenance plan and extended warranty as I've had to rent cars a lot so that's paid for. DO NOT BUY A FORD!

Worst car ever!

by Marcos from West palm beach | March 8, 2015

I have bought many cars in the past for a deliveries, this has been the worst experience ever. This car has been in the shop over and over. I tell ford that it shutters and their response is that it's the new transmission design. However they did put in a new transmission only for it to do the same. The check engine light has always been on, the radio no longer works.."..bad bad bad experience!

good car/ stick shift only

by arnc1964 from orlando, fla | March 1, 2015

Had 2 of them one automatic and a 5 speed one. The automatic one had too many issues that after 4 times in and out of deale we got to get out of it but the stick shift one still great and it has been a great little car.20,000 miles of problem free miles no issues so far.

Get the manual transmission

by Birdie from Buena Vista, CO | January 24, 2015

I bought the 2013 5-door hatchback off the lot. Actually, it was the only one in the state, and was driven down from the big city. The manual transmission winds up nicely and I have no problems passing. The stock tires wore out in the first 28,000 miles. All weather tires ran me $275, and now it's a beast. Just replaced the passenger side axle seal; under warranty. I fill it up once a week, if I'm commuting 60 miles round trip. Just filled the 12 gal. tank up at $1.79 a gal; it cost me under $19 bucks. It takes 3 minutes to fill up. It's really fun to drive and easy to find a parking space. My husband and I are both 5'10" and we scrunch the kids in the back seat. I wish I'd known to SCOTCH GUARD THE SEATS. It's a bare bones car, so if your looking for bells and whistles you will be disappointed. If your looking a reliable, economical, and sporty car, here she is. I call her my "po girls sport car".

Amazing

by AJ from Northern Ireland | November 25, 2014

The best car money can buy. No matter how old or what model this car can not be beaten. Only smart people drive this car. Pure bant. Time of your life.

Could have been better

by Disgruntled Fiesta Driver from Davenport, Ia | November 15, 2014

This is not a car that you want to spend too much time in if you are 5 foot ten or more. The car is very temperamental and it feels as if it will stall at any moment. Only if you stomp if to the floor will you get moving at a decent pace. I drive on I80 and I really have to be careful in this car. It seems that ford really dropped the ball on quality in the transmission and by not fitting a small turbo to round out the torques at lower RPMs it makes for some scary situations. If there was a better tune and transmission I'd give this car 3.8 of 5.0. The seats are far too thinly appointed. I get that this car is entry level and meant to be inexpensive-not cheap, however. There needs to be a bit more padding in the bolsters, if you wight more than 150 lbs. you'll feel the steel in the seats after a little while. The audio system is respectable. I would move away from the tweeter setup if they're not going to put four speakers (3 way) in the doors. (Entry model) If you don't mind the occasional hiccup, you're short, or you're a light-weight consider this might be the car for cross town trips and commutes.

I love my fiesta

by Bill from columbus | October 10, 2014

It drives great i put a cold air intake and i get about 44 miles to the gallon on the highway my biggest complaint is my wife complaining about me washing my car every few days If i had a real complaint it would be the aluminum coat log nuts they pretty well are stupid but i through them away and bought spline drive locking lugs i have the lwhite leather candy blue titanium i freaking love it