2013 Ford Fiesta

29 city / 39 hwy

Overall

Worst Car Ever

by laurak from San Diego, CA | April 9, 2015

Years ago (in the last century) I had sworn to never get a Ford. The auto bailout and reviews of recent Ford models lulled me into trusting this company. Big mistake. The Fiesta is worse than any car I've ever had before. 2 years and $27K miles in I've had the transmission repaired twice - and no more because now Ford refuses despite the service bulletin and the same problems recurring. The emission programming had a recall. The antenna system just failed - there's a service bulletin. Despite bringing the car in twice in the last month (service, recall repair) the brake system just failed this morning. Badly. Car cannot even drive. Other complaints on this car show similar brake issues likely caused by the jerky transmission and Ford not agreeing to a warranty repair. This should be fun. The car drives terrible. Total loss of power from when I first got the car. A few thousand miles in the transmission started jerking the car. The service tech told me to just turn the key and "reboot" the car computer. When I asked - On the highway??? No answer was forthcoming. It was all downhill from there with this transmission. There is no power on acceleration, a jerk, a hesitation and then it shoots forward. I rear-ended someone in slow traffic because it wouldn't go and then shot forward. I told the service tech and was ignored as usual. There are shudders, too high transmission revs, its hard to accelerate and things just keep going wrong despite religious attention to regular service. Thankfully I paid extra for the maintenance plan and extended warranty as I've had to rent cars a lot so that's paid for. DO NOT BUY A FORD!

Worst car ever!

by Marcos from West palm beach | March 8, 2015

I have bought many cars in the past for a deliveries, this has been the worst experience ever. This car has been in the shop over and over. I tell ford that it shutters and their response is that it's the new transmission design. However they did put in a new transmission only for it to do the same. The check engine light has always been on, the radio no longer works.."..bad bad bad experience!

good car/ stick shift only

by arnc1964 from orlando, fla | March 1, 2015

Had 2 of them one automatic and a 5 speed one. The automatic one had too many issues that after 4 times in and out of deale we got to get out of it but the stick shift one still great and it has been a great little car.20,000 miles of problem free miles no issues so far.

Get the manual transmission

by Birdie from Buena Vista, CO | January 24, 2015

I bought the 2013 5-door hatchback off the lot. Actually, it was the only one in the state, and was driven down from the big city. The manual transmission winds up nicely and I have no problems passing. The stock tires wore out in the first 28,000 miles. All weather tires ran me $275, and now it's a beast. Just replaced the passenger side axle seal; under warranty. I fill it up once a week, if I'm commuting 60 miles round trip. Just filled the 12 gal. tank up at $1.79 a gal; it cost me under $19 bucks. It takes 3 minutes to fill up. It's really fun to drive and easy to find a parking space. My husband and I are both 5'10" and we scrunch the kids in the back seat. I wish I'd known to SCOTCH GUARD THE SEATS. It's a bare bones car, so if your looking for bells and whistles you will be disappointed. If your looking a reliable, economical, and sporty car, here she is. I call her my "po girls sport car".

Amazing

by AJ from Northern Ireland | November 25, 2014

The best car money can buy. No matter how old or what model this car can not be beaten. Only smart people drive this car. Pure bant. Time of your life.

Could have been better

by Disgruntled Fiesta Driver from Davenport, Ia | November 15, 2014

This is not a car that you want to spend too much time in if you are 5 foot ten or more. The car is very temperamental and it feels as if it will stall at any moment. Only if you stomp if to the floor will you get moving at a decent pace. I drive on I80 and I really have to be careful in this car. It seems that ford really dropped the ball on quality in the transmission and by not fitting a small turbo to round out the torques at lower RPMs it makes for some scary situations. If there was a better tune and transmission I'd give this car 3.8 of 5.0. The seats are far too thinly appointed. I get that this car is entry level and meant to be inexpensive-not cheap, however. There needs to be a bit more padding in the bolsters, if you wight more than 150 lbs. you'll feel the steel in the seats after a little while. The audio system is respectable. I would move away from the tweeter setup if they're not going to put four speakers (3 way) in the doors. (Entry model) If you don't mind the occasional hiccup, you're short, or you're a light-weight consider this might be the car for cross town trips and commutes.

I love my fiesta

by Bill from columbus | October 10, 2014

It drives great i put a cold air intake and i get about 44 miles to the gallon on the highway my biggest complaint is my wife complaining about me washing my car every few days If i had a real complaint it would be the aluminum coat log nuts they pretty well are stupid but i through them away and bought spline drive locking lugs i have the lwhite leather candy blue titanium i freaking love it

Niggling little problems have surfaced.

by Exhaust. from Brisbane, QLD. | September 18, 2014

I bought my Ford Fiesta manual at the end of March 2013. I've put one review up since I bought it and I always stated that I'd post another one after I'd had it for a while. Here it is. Everything is still relatively ok at 13,600 klms. I don't drive very much. A couple of annoyances. One, the driver's seat has to be pumped up every couple of days which is a nuisance but I can live with it. Two, it has an annoying rev up occasionally when I change gears. Both these problems have been checked out by the dealer and the throttle body was cleaned, at no cost to me. I was told there was a problem with the seat loosing pressure in the Ford Ranger, so Ford knows about it. The build quality is good. The Australian ones come out of Thailand. No rattles or squeaks and nothing has fallen off,,,,,,,, yet. Fuel economy in these is incredible, the Australian ones anyway. US and Imperial Gallons differ in quantities. My best figures are 15.7 kpl city and 18 kpl highway (E10 95). These were under ideal conditions and with the addition of a 2inch full flow Magna Flow Exhaust. Standard Cat. at the moment, I use Valvoline Syn Power FE 5W 30 but my next oil change will be Penrite 5 W 40. The Valvoline is tending to get dirty a bit quick but that could be due to the fact that I do stop start and short distances. I change my oil every 7,500klms regardless. Off the mark acceleration is very good. The brakes are adequate but I think the days of rear drums should be numbered. Electric pwr steering is precise and comfortable. No spare is annoying but I put alloys on and got a 2nd hand tyre. I think I read where the new ones have a full sized spare. Don't quote me. For myself, the car has ample room and it goes like the clappers. Off the mark, I've seen Turbo's that are slower. The Continental tyres are wearing well and are comfortable enough, so overall, it's still ok.

2013 Fiesta

by Tiffyk76 from orlando, fl | September 10, 2014

First off I purchased this vehicle in July 2012. My very first brand new car.....I was super excited. I was the only one at the time with a 2013 in 2012. Everything was great until it reached 5k and the transmission started giving me problems..clunking, jerking, and just sounding like it was going to falll out. I took it in to the dealership where I bought it and they did an update in the system. Told me that's all it needed. NOPE!! It got worse and at 7500 miles sounded like the whole transmission fell out at the light. I brought it back and they said oh its now a recall to re-due the transmission and it should be fine afterwards. I got it back 3 days later. At 10k, it did the same thing. Back to the dealership....This time they rebuilt my transmission. Great...... It worked until it reached 35 and almost close to the warranty ending. During this time I got a new job and had to drive a lot further than before. Back to a NEW dealership, again need a new transmission. THis time they said Ford had a "new" procedure and it shouldn't happen again. This "helped" a little. It doesn't sound like it's gonna drop out now and I'm use to the jerking. NOW its the another problem that apparently going to happen with ALL my door. THe latch will just break. Parts on national back order. FIrst one to go is the R rear door ....the door NO ONE EVER USES!!!!! Opened it just to clean the car and just broke Can't close the door. Have it bungee together just so that the light on the inside will go off and now ruin my battery. THe dealership tells me be prepared for all the doors to break and it's 250$ a pop to put them on.....REALLY??? All the problems that I have had and you can't "fix" my doors FORD?? I have contacted them with case # given, emergency priority and "promises" of dist mgrs calling me back....NOTHING. Still riding around with bungee cord and my daughter in the back seat. Oh the dealership told me if I didn't want the others to break don't lock the car.....HA HA...WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Automatic Transmission sucks

by Rhonnie from Terrace, BC Canada | August 28, 2014

I love everything about this car...except the transmission. I had the transmission rebuilt at 18765 KM and I am now at 29000 KM and it looks like I am getting another transmission rebuild. I should have got the manual transmission. My service department at Ford things that it;s fine because I have a great warranty package. That I shouldn't be upset. They will just keep replacing it until it reaches 100000 KM when it runs out. Well it sounds horrible, drives like an old farm vehicle. I didn't pay $21,000 to drive an old farm truck...My hearts broken...as soon as they replace the transmission this time...I'm trading it in for something else!