2013 Ford Fiesta

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Disappointed

by J from Marlton, NJ | April 9, 2014

I have had this car for a little over a year. The car has 24,000 miles on it now. I bought it new. Titanium hatch model. The transmission is currently being replaced. What was supposedly "normal" transmission noise (powershift transmission) was actually poor gear shifts that was ripping apart my transmission. I was told parts would take 2 days to get. Instead it took 10 days. The repairs were supposed to take a day and now I'm being told more. While the comfort and look of the car is great it isn't worth a thing because I can't drive it. Very disappointed. Considering selling after repairs are done.

Sue Ford

by California from Los Angeles, CA | April 3, 2014

I like this car but, I would like to sue ford for not letting people know that this car will make noise after few miles. I had taking my fiesta two three different dealer and they don't want to even look at it because they said that Ford has ask them not to and they just give a letter that explaint of what is making the noise. I wish more people sue them for this.

Hate it

by Steph from | March 29, 2014

Worst car ever. I rather drive my 1996 corolla than this stupid car. I feel so much safer in my corolla. It's been through 3 repairs for the transmission in 6 months. A little under 10,000 miles. It's so ridiculous.

I just love this car

by Former Alfa Rameo owner from Sacramento, CA | March 22, 2014

I have owned a few new cars and I have never had one as dependable as this one. I think this one is more fun than my Spider (Alfa) and I have yet to report my first problem. As of today I have over 18,000 miles in 9 months and I getting 43 miles per gallon on interstate 5. I have never owned a car I have liked half as much. My last new car was a Camry and it managed 28 mpg on the freeway and was a drag to drive. 5 Stars for me.

Fantastic vehicle

by Fiesta! from Radford, va | March 17, 2014

The bad reviews on here are crazy. The transmission is a 6 speed and sometimes feels like a manual when pulling out... Nothing's perfect! And I bet you money the way the transmission is made is what gives it such great gas mileage. 36.5 mpg, 6 months old, 15000 miles. 2013 fiesta se. Not to mention the fun lights! I wish there was a center console, but that's just because I'm a working student that keeps a lot of stuff in her car. Can you believe the trunk space in this thing? Fantastic. The ride is so incredibly smooth and I have never heard the transmission, but that's probably because I'm not looking to fabricate issues. I also listen to the radio at a normal moderate level. Compared to my 05 Taurus that was an ex-rental getting 19mpg, I'm saving money by purchasing a new vehicle while I'm safer, more comfortable, and constantly happy. I plan on running Penelope till she can't run no more!

not worth it

by miea moore from el paso | March 10, 2014

This car has done nothing but cause issues! The transmision sounds like its breaking! Ive had this car a year and have had it in the shop going on the third time.It is very unreliable and not worth your money ! Shaking,jerking,lunging forward when you stop. And apparently it suppose to drive like its breaking down. Im ashamed!

mistake

by first ford from Sudbury | March 6, 2014

Since I have bought this car, it has caused nothing but troubles for me. It is three years old and so far: The check engine light came on twice, my stereo system stopped working completely, my windshield wiper rubber broke the second week I had it, my car heating and cooling ventilation system stopped working three times (twice in one month) It is in the shop every second month for some new problem and I can't seem to go a few months without something new breaking, stop working and having to bring it in the shop. I talked to customer service and they told me to "buy the extended warranty" This car looks pretty but be warned, don't buy it because you will only ever see it in the shop!

Worst car I've owned for a long time

by Frustrated Fiesta Owner from London | February 27, 2014

I recently bought a second hand 1.2 Zetec 2013 from a Ford dealer. It was 10 months old at the time with only 5,500 miles on the clock. Previous owner had been a car rental company. Rental companies tend to off-load their cars to Ford dealers after 10 to 12,000 miles so I should have realised something was wrong with this one - and guess what there was! I've now had the car for 2 months and had nothing but trouble with it - intermittently - either won't start from cold or starts then stalls as soon as I start to drive it. Totally unreliable as I never know when it's going to start or not. Been back to the dealer several times under warranty but of course they can never reproduce the fault. The only faults they are capable of finding is when something shows as a fault on the engine management system - also had to have one injector replaced in 2 months. This However was not the starting problem! Avoid at all costs - Fords may have changed on the outside but they are still the same old unreliable cars they always were.

Rattling Noise

by Hatchback from Boston, MA | February 26, 2014

I experienced that terrible rattling noise as well. Twice I brought my car to the ford dealership and they told me it was normal and not a problem (yeah okay...) So it got worse and I took it back a 3rd time and they told me all ford fiestas 2013 needed to be reprogrammed (hence the sound everyone is talking about). However, bc of this my car had a transmission leak as well. It took about 3 wks to fix the leak and they also reprogrammed the software (warantee covered everything). I've had my car back for about a month and have not experienced any issues since. If you're still experiencing that noise, you should take it back. Pretty upsetting that I've been to the dealership twice and they did not call to tell me that Ford finally had a fix for the car.

I hate it!!!

by nikki2 from | February 26, 2014

Everything that you hear about tge transmission is true! Mine is gone out after 6 months! I will update you on repair!!