2013 Ford Fiesta

29 city / 39 hwy

Overall

Excellent MPG

by Dealership Worker from Altoona, PA | July 2, 2015

We bought this car about 4 months ago to be my husbands for this 45 minute commute to work one way. I wanted something really good on gas, but with PA winters we couldn't have him take a Smart car up the mountain. We took it to the beach about a month ago and while we were pretty cramped with a 6 hour ride we got 47 MPG even with 3 hours of traffic! (half a tank fill up costed $9) For us not having children the tight space was worth it with so little we had to pay for gas. That being said this is not a family car! The back seat is very small. We got the Eco engine as well, and it has a 2 or 3 second acceleration delay which is a real problem when doing quick pull out's into traffic. All and all I think we made a good purchase considering my husband is loading the miles up that it will probably be traded in once the loan is paid off.

Okay Car, But Will Be Happy To Turn Back In

by Fiesta Fox from Seattle, WA | June 9, 2015

Very glad I leased rather than purchased this car. Still have just under one year to go and I'm ready to turn it in and get something else. The car is fine overall as far as the look and comfort. Tiny backseat, but I knew that going in. I got a 2013 Fiesta Titanium Hatchback, love the extra touches with this trim level. But, as many have said, the automatic transmission is not enjoyable to drive. I've just learned to live with the occasional jerkiness and grinding noises. It does get great gas mileage and the primary use of this car is as a commuter. I've had really bad luck with American cars in the past and gave this one a shot, but will likely avoid Ford for my next vehicle lease/purchase.

Worst Car Ever

by laurak from San Diego, CA | April 9, 2015

Years ago (in the last century) I had sworn to never get a Ford. The auto bailout and reviews of recent Ford models lulled me into trusting this company. Big mistake. The Fiesta is worse than any car I've ever had before. 2 years and $27K miles in I've had the transmission repaired twice - and no more because now Ford refuses despite the service bulletin and the same problems recurring. The emission programming had a recall. The antenna system just failed - there's a service bulletin. Despite bringing the car in twice in the last month (service, recall repair) the brake system just failed this morning. Badly. Car cannot even drive. Other complaints on this car show similar brake issues likely caused by the jerky transmission and Ford not agreeing to a warranty repair. This should be fun. The car drives terrible. Total loss of power from when I first got the car. A few thousand miles in the transmission started jerking the car. The service tech told me to just turn the key and "reboot" the car computer. When I asked - On the highway??? No answer was forthcoming. It was all downhill from there with this transmission. There is no power on acceleration, a jerk, a hesitation and then it shoots forward. I rear-ended someone in slow traffic because it wouldn't go and then shot forward. I told the service tech and was ignored as usual. There are shudders, too high transmission revs, its hard to accelerate and things just keep going wrong despite religious attention to regular service. Thankfully I paid extra for the maintenance plan and extended warranty as I've had to rent cars a lot so that's paid for. DO NOT BUY A FORD!

Worst car ever!

by Marcos from West palm beach | March 8, 2015

I have bought many cars in the past for a deliveries, this has been the worst experience ever. This car has been in the shop over and over. I tell ford that it shutters and their response is that it's the new transmission design. However they did put in a new transmission only for it to do the same. The check engine light has always been on, the radio no longer works.."..bad bad bad experience!

good car/ stick shift only

by arnc1964 from orlando, fla | March 1, 2015

Had 2 of them one automatic and a 5 speed one. The automatic one had too many issues that after 4 times in and out of deale we got to get out of it but the stick shift one still great and it has been a great little car.20,000 miles of problem free miles no issues so far.

Get the manual transmission

by Birdie from Buena Vista, CO | January 24, 2015

I bought the 2013 5-door hatchback off the lot. Actually, it was the only one in the state, and was driven down from the big city. The manual transmission winds up nicely and I have no problems passing. The stock tires wore out in the first 28,000 miles. All weather tires ran me $275, and now it's a beast. Just replaced the passenger side axle seal; under warranty. I fill it up once a week, if I'm commuting 60 miles round trip. Just filled the 12 gal. tank up at $1.79 a gal; it cost me under $19 bucks. It takes 3 minutes to fill up. It's really fun to drive and easy to find a parking space. My husband and I are both 5'10" and we scrunch the kids in the back seat. I wish I'd known to SCOTCH GUARD THE SEATS. It's a bare bones car, so if your looking for bells and whistles you will be disappointed. If your looking a reliable, economical, and sporty car, here she is. I call her my "po girls sport car".

Amazing

by AJ from Northern Ireland | November 25, 2014

The best car money can buy. No matter how old or what model this car can not be beaten. Only smart people drive this car. Pure bant. Time of your life.

Could have been better

by Disgruntled Fiesta Driver from Davenport, Ia | November 15, 2014

This is not a car that you want to spend too much time in if you are 5 foot ten or more. The car is very temperamental and it feels as if it will stall at any moment. Only if you stomp if to the floor will you get moving at a decent pace. I drive on I80 and I really have to be careful in this car. It seems that ford really dropped the ball on quality in the transmission and by not fitting a small turbo to round out the torques at lower RPMs it makes for some scary situations. If there was a better tune and transmission I'd give this car 3.8 of 5.0. The seats are far too thinly appointed. I get that this car is entry level and meant to be inexpensive-not cheap, however. There needs to be a bit more padding in the bolsters, if you wight more than 150 lbs. you'll feel the steel in the seats after a little while. The audio system is respectable. I would move away from the tweeter setup if they're not going to put four speakers (3 way) in the doors. (Entry model) If you don't mind the occasional hiccup, you're short, or you're a light-weight consider this might be the car for cross town trips and commutes.

I love my fiesta

by Bill from columbus | October 10, 2014

It drives great i put a cold air intake and i get about 44 miles to the gallon on the highway my biggest complaint is my wife complaining about me washing my car every few days If i had a real complaint it would be the aluminum coat log nuts they pretty well are stupid but i through them away and bought spline drive locking lugs i have the lwhite leather candy blue titanium i freaking love it

Niggling little problems have surfaced.

by Exhaust. from Brisbane, QLD. | September 18, 2014

I bought my Ford Fiesta manual at the end of March 2013. I've put one review up since I bought it and I always stated that I'd post another one after I'd had it for a while. Here it is. Everything is still relatively ok at 13,600 klms. I don't drive very much. A couple of annoyances. One, the driver's seat has to be pumped up every couple of days which is a nuisance but I can live with it. Two, it has an annoying rev up occasionally when I change gears. Both these problems have been checked out by the dealer and the throttle body was cleaned, at no cost to me. I was told there was a problem with the seat loosing pressure in the Ford Ranger, so Ford knows about it. The build quality is good. The Australian ones come out of Thailand. No rattles or squeaks and nothing has fallen off,,,,,,,, yet. Fuel economy in these is incredible, the Australian ones anyway. US and Imperial Gallons differ in quantities. My best figures are 15.7 kpl city and 18 kpl highway (E10 95). These were under ideal conditions and with the addition of a 2inch full flow Magna Flow Exhaust. Standard Cat. at the moment, I use Valvoline Syn Power FE 5W 30 but my next oil change will be Penrite 5 W 40. The Valvoline is tending to get dirty a bit quick but that could be due to the fact that I do stop start and short distances. I change my oil every 7,500klms regardless. Off the mark acceleration is very good. The brakes are adequate but I think the days of rear drums should be numbered. Electric pwr steering is precise and comfortable. No spare is annoying but I put alloys on and got a 2nd hand tyre. I think I read where the new ones have a full sized spare. Don't quote me. For myself, the car has ample room and it goes like the clappers. Off the mark, I've seen Turbo's that are slower. The Continental tyres are wearing well and are comfortable enough, so overall, it's still ok.