2014 Ford Fiesta

Starting MSRP

Overall

My best buy EVER!

by A Pastor from Spring Valley CA | November 14, 2014

I bought my car at the beginning of November. I have never bought a small car but after my wife bought one, I HAD to get one! It drives GREAT, great responsive steering, the gas mileage is awesome for me in comparison to my last car. There is plenty of head room, I don't feel crowded or closed in, the sound is very good, the phone synch is great!. That is so exciting to me, that I actually call my wife at least 10 times when I am in the car, JUST to use the in car phone! The style of the exterior is wonderful and eye catching, the truck is very spacious. I don't worry about the back seat of my car because I have NEVER had anybody sit in my backseat! I love the car, I am a very happy owner!

Problems Every 4 Months

by I know the mechanics by name from London, ON | November 6, 2014

I have owned this car for 14 months and it has just been issues after issues. So far the computer and steering have had to be replaced. Also I had the transmission replaced 6 months ago, and it is now in again for the exact same problem. That's right transmission issues 6 months apart. Overall the transmission in this car is very loud. You can hear the gears shifting. I was told "some cars are louder then others." This car also has issues will acceleration and shaking. This car is ideal if you just need something for in town. I drive my car all over and go on long road trips. If you are like me and like to drive everywhere, spend the extra money. Get a more reliable car.

Best affordable sporty looking car

by Dafiesta from Chicago, IL | October 27, 2014

This has different colors of neon and a great sound system. It rides pretty smooth and has alot of bells and whistles that are pretty neat.

What an awesome car!

by Eric and Nicole from Tampa, FL | August 16, 2014

We purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta hatchback and we love it. It has power everything, a built in sync system and it has beautiful styling inside and out. Buy this car, you will be very happy.

Great about town car

by Texas Girl from Waco, TX | July 16, 2014

I bought a Fiesta Titanium with a manual transmission about two months ago. Since I mostly drive around town, back and forth to work, this is a perfect car for me. My teen-aged daughter won't even consider learning to drive a stick shift, so I never have to fight her over who's driving my new car and who drives the 2008 Focus (which is still in great shape, BTW, has one of the best paint finishes I've ever seen.) The steering and handling are great. Taking off in first gear can sometimes be a little jerky -- not sure if that's the car or me -- especially if stopping and making a right hand turn. It can be bumpy on uneven roads, but most of the time driving is very smooth and the car zips around, parks very easily. Love the leather interior, and my SYNC system.It has more features than I know how to use -- still learning. I bought the navigation package but haven't had to use it yet. I love that my phone syncs automatically. I plug in my iPhone and listen to Spotify or podcasts on Stitcher. I see no need for Sirius when I have these. The size of the car is perfect for me, and sometimes one other passenger. My last car was the Focus, purchased new in 2008, and I was afraid I could find the Fiesta too small but it feels just right.My 6'3" husband who normally drives an SUV enjoys driving it from time to time -- he said he forgot how much fun driving a stick shift can be. One thing I haven't seen anyone else mention is the ambient lighting on the dash (above the glove box) reflects on the passenger window at night. I don't drive much at night, but that's a problem I think they should address. I still can't get used to the side mirrors. I find the small "blind spot" mirrors just distracting. I did not opt for the sunroof -- that may be my only regret. I only have to fill up every two weeks, sometimes even a few days more. I'm getting 27.5 MPG in exclusively city driving. I found the Fiesta Titanium has everything I was looking for right out of the box.

First new car in 14 years

by Ford's only for Me from Gardner, KS | July 14, 2014

I am really enjoying my 2014 Fiesta. I am having a blast driving a manual again. The improved gas mileage fram having a manual transmission is helping to cut down on my monthly fuel expenses & as result I don't mind the increase in my insurance to carry full coverage. Love the safety value of the SYNC system, hands free calling & if I get a text message I can listen to it to decide if it is something I need to pull over and handle. My kids love the fact they can plug in their phones or iPods and listen to their music in the car. I only hope this car lasts as long as my last Ford purchase - a 2000 Ford Focus that is still going after 14 years and almost 200K miles. That car is a great starter car for my 16 year old stepdaughter.

Fiesta Bean

by Mitch from Haverhill, MA | July 12, 2014

I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta hatchback SE, 5 speed manual shift with a sunroof/moonroof at Regan Ford in Haverhill Ma (Love Regan). It was time for my family to purchase a new vehicle; I had previously owned a 2006 Nissan Xterra (also a great car). In deciding what to buy I realized that I found myself driving alone a majority of the time in my Xterra; my wife is the primary chauffeur for the kids in her 2013 Ford Explorer (also purchased at Regan Ford and best full size SUV ever! but that’s another review). With that being said I wanted to find the smallest vehicle I could fit into with the highest MPG. At 6’3’’ 230 lbs I am actually very comfortable in the fiesta, more importantly my +1 golf clubs fit in the hatchback just fine. Days after purchasing my Fiesta I immediately had to drive 800 miles from New England to Virginia so off I went in my new Bean. The drive down was very comfortable I found that I could stretch out my legs completely while in cruise control. The ride was smooth and steady even on rough roads. I locked in the cruise control at 70 MPH and found I was getting 37 MPG, not bad. I get better MPG driving to and from work at 55 MPH where I am getting between 39-45 MPG depending on traffic. The 12 Gallon tank gives me about 400 miles and at $3.35 a gallon a fill up costs me about 35 bucks :-). The basic amenities are nice, the sync without GPS is great and I have an external GPS that I use. The seats are comfortable however the back seat is nonexistent and good for kids and storage only, no full size adult would fit. I love the manual shift in a car this small, it makes the driving experience funner and the cell phone sync allows me to still us my phone while shifting. I love the exterior styling with the Alpha nose and grill and the interior is accessible and pleasing as well. My Ford buying experience was professional and pleasurable, but that’s what we have come to expect at Regan Ford’s family owned and operated business. (no I do not work for Regan ford I just find it refreshing to have such a great buying experience and feel Regan deserves the attention.) Cons- I had to install another 12v electric port it only comes with 2 and in today’s world that’s not enough. Also as I mentioned about, I drove 800 miles at 70 MPH and I found myself thinking - I wish I had a 6th gear - (the ST comes with a manual 6 and the automatic is a 6 speed.) The sunroof/moonroof was an option, and I highly recommend getting it, in such a small car it opens up the world. Lastly I love this car for what it is, even without the 6th speed I’m glad I got the manual trans. I might have purchased the ST (sporty spice version) however I wanted to keep my price affordable and less than 20,000. If you’re in the market for a commuter MPG king get down to Regan and pick up a Bean, tell them Mitch sent ya- ;-)

Fun to Drive

by Charlie from Briarwood, NY | June 27, 2014

A great car that's fun to drive. The 5 speed manual transmission shifts easily and provides excellent acceleration. It handles well and gives very good gas mileage. I'm averaging 30 mpg with a combination of street and highway driving. I love the Sync system and the voice recognition is very good. The automatic climate control works very well and gets to the specified temperature quickly. The rearview camera is great. My only quibble is the rear sensors for parking. The beeping is annoying and unnecessary. I wish I could turn it off, but I can't. Overall I love this car and would choose it again. I wanted a car with a manual transmission and the Fiesta Titanium really did provide that with all the additional features that only came with an automatic from other manufacturers. It's has a really good bang for the buck.

My 2014 Fiesta

by Jack from San Diego, Ca. | June 10, 2014

I just bought this car 2 weeks ago, therefore asking about reliability is a stupid question at this point. So far for 2 weeks and a couple hundred miles it has been perfect! I would not expect anything else, I tried to not answer this stupid question but it is required. Reliability is a question more suited after at least a year of use ! We'll see how I feel in a year or so, reasonable time frame to rate if it is reliable or not ?

Cute little car with attitude

by Victor from Los Angeles, CA | June 7, 2014

I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta SE, and this is the first brand new car I have ever owned. I was previously driving a 2000 Toyota Camry that I had driven into the ground. Going from the 14-year old Camry to the all new Fiesta is like night and day in terms of the handling, the technological accessories, and exterior styling of the car. The Fiesta is a fantastic little car, almost perfect with very few little gripes. Strengths: Handling: The Fiesta is known for having best-in-class handling, and I was delighted to discover the reputation is well-deserved. I've never had a car that turned so well, so responsively. Ford completely nailed the power steering wheel, it is superb. Styling: The Fiesta is a GOOD looking little subcompact. If you keep yours clean and polished, it is going to be one of the best looking non-luxury cars in the lot. Fuel Economy: Particularly on the highway, the economy is unbelievable. I drove from Los Angeles to San Jose on 2/3 a tank of gas, and was getting well above 40 MPG. (At one point I was hitting 47 MPG). In the cities it varies, sometimes as low as 28 MPG, but usually I average around 29-35 MPG the way I drive, which is pretty good by my standards. Capless fuel opening: A small perk, but super awesome and convenient that there is no fuel cap to worry about. You can just stick the nozzle in and start pumping. Sounds kinda dirty. Technology: The car pairs my smartphone with the car seamlessly, and the bluetooth audio works really well, allowing me to listen to audiobooks in my car. Weaknesses: Size: This is kind of a double-edged sword. I've never owned such a tiny car. The good part of course is that it is VERY nimble and manoeuvrable and easy to wedge into the narrowest of parking spaces. However, 5 people in a Fiesta is NOT a pretty sight! The back seats are better for cargo than for passengers. Door locking mechanism/hatch release: for some odd reason, Ford decided not to have a button to release the trunk/hatch, you have to use your key fob, or stick your key into the keyhole. You also cannot press a button an lock all 4 doors when exiting the vehicle, again you have to press a button on the keyfob. A minor gripe, but an odd omission. Double Clutch Semi-automatic Transmission: Again, this is kind of a double-edged sword. The Fiesta has a weird transmission system that without a torque converter, and this saves gas. The disadvantage is that there is sometimes a bit of "jerkiness" when you press the gas pedal, especially at lower speeds where the car will lurch forward when you press the gas pedal very slightly. There is also sometimes a delay in shifting gears so that if you are stopped in traffic on a hill and you take your foot off the brakes, the car can roll back. The effect is really not as bad as a lot of people say, and it typically doesn't bother me too much after I learned how to manage it. And if I had to choose, I would prefer more gas economy vs. a slight bit of occasional jerkiness. It's actually kind of fun sometimes, it makes you feel like you're driving a manual. However it would be great if they could figure out a way to combine the fuel economy of this setup with the smoothness of a traditional automatic transmission. Despite minor shortcomings, overall the car is fantastic, and I am so pleased driving it. The car is just a lot of fun to drive, and I am always looking for excuses to get out of the house just to drive it. I think Ford did a great job. I do kind of wish they would build this car in America instead of Mexico, but what can you do?