2005 Ford Five Hundred

Available in 6 styles:  2005 Ford Five Hundred 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Nothing but problems

by Unhappy from Council Bluffs, IA | July 31, 2014

I bought my 2005 Ford Five Hundred used in November of 2013. They had just replaced the brakes and brake pads along with the tires before I bought the car. In January or February 2014 I had to replace the brake pads and calipers. In May of 2014 I had to replace the 2 front tires but the back tires were perfectly fine. Here it is July 31, 2014 and I have to replace the rear brake pads again and I am only getting 13.7 mpg. In the winter the car starts about a fourth of the time. Not a reliable car in the winter. This car has been nothing but problems for me since I bought it.

this car is Awsome!!!!!!!!

by I love my hummer 3 from maryland | April 3, 2014

I bought this car just over a year ago with 96k miles on it. Me and my wife both love the space it has!! we have clocked our gas mileage every trip and it's fun to see that we have gotten atleast 500 miles on a single tank !!!! That's an 8 hour ride without filling up gas. The engine is definatly not underpowered but could be a little faster. Weve jad it for a year with no problems except for the recall about the doors getting water in them and freezing in cold weater, which we couldent close the door after. Thank goodness for recalls. If you are thinking about this car it is a great choice and are sure you will love in ice your in it!!!!!! 2005 Ford five hundred se

Great car, strange tranny

by Jdub from Denver, CO | November 26, 2012

I bought my 05 SE a couple years back, and honestly I like it a lot. I love the handling and plenty of cabin and trunk space, and despite being such a big car and slightly underpowered, it somehow manages to pull off a bit better gas mileage than my 04 Acura TL. What I don't like is the way the tranny operates at highway speeds. I don't like the fact it likes to hold into such a high gear (for example I could be cruising at 75mph and it's still in 3rd gear). For me to get it into the top gear I have to let off the gas and then accelerate again until it eventually realizes I don't want to go any faster and shift to 6th. It's also quite noisy under highway speeds acceleration, but I do like the grade logic control feature where it'll downshift one gear so I don't lose speed going up hills. Other than that, good car, I'd say it's worth the money, and I love the space - its huge!!!

Finally trading

by Taurus fan from alabama | July 24, 2012

We bought the car new. Put 70,000 miles on it. Had to do the back brakes at 40,000. Nothing else. Finally after 7yrs. the AC compressor is leaking. A common fault for 500s. Ford compressors aren't the best on the road. Love the car. Roomy and quiet. Huge trunk. At this age I will trade before repairing. Averaged about 26mpg combined driving.

Ford 500 Great

by Jag from | November 27, 2011

This is a great and reliable model--the power under the hood is just right, the comfort is great, and the stereo, moon roof, and leather seats give it a somewhat luxurious feel..

good car found

by vballer from | November 22, 2011

after wrecking a car i had driven for 12 years (1998 Ford Contour), I found a 2005 Ford Five Hundred that is a better fit for me and my family! It rides nice and has several features that we may not have considered before, but are glad to have now!

Ford 500, Slow and Steady

by Utiliguy from BayShore, NJ | May 18, 2011

For the price, the Ford 500 is an excellent used car. Comfortable room for 5, smartly appointed, decent gas mileage (22mpg avg. overall) all point to a solid purchase for the person who is not looking to go fast or corner quickly. The ride is smooth, and the dashboard is very easy to read. What is it missing? No fuel mileage indicator, a basic radio with an AUX jack under the console, a huge trunk but no segregated storage areas.

Ford 500 - a good compromise of value and luxury

by Curtismapman from Sacramento, CA | April 28, 2011

We've only had the car about four months but it's pretty solid. Quiet, safe, and fairly nimble, it's a car that an American car company couldn't have built a few years ago. This is an early 2005, actually built in 2004, yet it has surprisingly good build quality. Everyone comments on the vast room inside, especially the back seat, and the trunk is enormous. The 6-speed transmission is very smooth and makes the most of the aging technology of the Duratec V6. It's course and noisy at low speeds but quiets as you speed up. It doesn't have the refinement of a Nissan or Toyota V6 but you won't be paying the price either. Gas mileage is okay - again not what a Maxima or Avalon would deliver - but acceptable. We found this one from a local private party for $9500 with 26K miles. If you can get a deal like that, go for it. The market is soft for these and if you're buying from a dealer, there's lots of negotiating room.

One of the best cars I've owned

by cadmanmjs from Barnegat, NJ | March 17, 2011

I own a 500 Limited AWD with a continuously variable transmission which I bought used in 2009. All around this is one of the best cars I've owned. It had 24K miles when I bought it and now I have 65K miles. Except for a break job it has needed nothing but normal maintenance. On a long trip it's a dream and you actually arrive rested. I would not hesitate to recommend this car or buy another one myself.

It was my baby

by The Orange Crusher from Mankato, MN | February 28, 2011

I just traded in my 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited and if my family would've not expanded this year, I would still have it. I'm over 6 feet tall and I had plenty of room in this vehicle. I'm not sure where some of these reviews get their mileage info from because I never saw over 26mpg on my car. The back seat was spacious and the trunk could easily fit strollers, golf clubs, luggage etc. This was the only car I've ever driven that I could sit for 12 hours straight on road trips and not be uncomfortable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Featured Services for this Ford Five Hundred